Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-19-2021, 12:00 PM   #1

OptiView Issue

I've got my Pace Arrow in REV service right now. We had the OptiView electronic dash just go blank on our trip home along I-90. One morning, I started the engine and the dash was totally blank. A completely black screen. We had to use the Garmin to know how fast we were going and fuel levels were a guessing game. Called the 24/7 phone line and checked fuses, circuit breakers and whatever else the mechanic could think of.

I've searched the forums and haven't seen this brought up anywhere. Anyone out there dealt with this before?

Thanks
Joediver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2021, 03:13 PM   #2

OptiView

Just got an update from REV. They sent the coach to Freightliner and apparently the wiring on my Optiview dash is not set up according to the wiring diagrams that they have. Now Freightliner is on the phone with the dash manufacturer trying to decipher the wiring
Old 07-10-2021, 01:11 PM   #3

Any updates on this repair? Our 2021 Holiday Rambler Nautica 33tl just suffered the blank dash issue this morning
Lelandp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelandp View Post
Any updates on this repair? Our 2021 Holiday Rambler Nautica 33tl just suffered the blank dash issue this morning
After a month at REV (there were some additional warranty items to take care of) they couldn't figure it out. They sent it to Schools Freightliner in Ft Wayne. They had to be on the phone with the dash manufacturer for a week to figure it out. Working fine now.

I never could get a straight answer as to the cause. Let me know if you get an answer.
Old 07-12-2021, 10:59 PM   #5

Thank you! Our rig is currently at the Whittier, CA Freightliner service center. They stated it was a Viper module needing to be replaced. Once I pick it up and have an invoice, Ill post it.
Old 08-01-2021, 05:01 PM   #6

It took two weeks and two Viper modules, were now back up and running with a functional dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6A4DBDA1-88B5-4A86-BB90-5C97368F8BE6.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	254.5 KB
ID:	338052  
Old 09-27-2021, 11:43 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Just ordered a viper for my 2021 Dutch Star. Blank dash.
FOLEYMECH is offline   Reply With Quote