Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #1

Not sure if this is the right section, but...
I spent the last seven months in warm weather and am now in New Mexico where it can get cold. The other day I was checking things out for my days travel and I accidently hit the engine heater switch (2006 Alfa See Ya, 350 Cat C7) and the light did not light up.
I have been trying to locate what fuse operates that switch to no avail.
Has anyone experience this or have a clue as to what fuse block I should be looking at? The owners manual does not identify which fuse or block.
Thank you,
Bob
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2007, 03:42 PM   #2

I spent the last seven months in warm weather and am now in New Mexico where it can get cold. The other day I was checking things out for my days travel and I accidently hit the engine heater switch (2006 Alfa See Ya, 350 Cat C7) and the light did not light up.
Has anyone experience this or have a clue as to what fuse block I should be looking at? The owners manual does not identify which fuse or block.
Thank you,
Bob
Old 11-17-2007, 05:13 PM   #3

Mid Atlantic Campers
Greyhound, on my coach the engine block heater must be plugged in. I have a plug in the electrical compartment, that is where the heater is activated, including the switch, from its own 120V receptical. Check an see whether yours is plugged in.

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 05:27 AM   #4
doc

Appalachian Campers
Ditto what Steve says. Look for a cord in the electrical compartment and a nearby receptical. I figured this out after posting a pic of a 'mystery wire' here. Flipping the switch on in the coach cabin does not necessarily turn on the heater.
doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 06:19 AM   #5

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Greyhound:
Thank you,
Bob </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just got done trouble shooting an 06 Discovery and the problem was the heater circuit is on a GFI receptacle and it had tripped. The receptacle was mainly for bathroom I think but obviously has other devices tied in.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:15 PM   #6

Thanks guys. I will go out in the morning and look for the"Errant" wire and will also check the GFI in bathroom.
Bob
Old 11-25-2007, 06:42 AM   #7

I think the little light in the switch requires a resistive load (heat strips or plugs) drawing "x" current to light. I usually keep a circuit tester plugged into that receptacle which stays lit continually but the light in the switch will not illuminate until I plug in the engine heater.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote