Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2017, 10:13 PM   #1

FCOC Oasis discount...........fail

I went up to the Freightliner Oasis dealer in Oak Creek, Wisconsin for an oil change (Oil filter, 2 fuel filters, zerks greased), and replacement of my engine air filter and air dryer filter. I identified myself as a FCOC member and was interested in pursuing the discount. Nope. I'm told that their prices are "already discounted" so no discount on labor or parts. They're on the list that says they're supposed to provide the FCOC discount.

For those of you that are FCOC members, are you getting your discounts at your local Oasis dealer? Are they giving you an estimate for labor and parts and then knocking 10% off the top? Or is the discount program kind of a fail?

Other than the failure to honor the discount, they do good work.
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2017, 11:11 PM   #2
dp7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ualdriver View Post
I went up to the Freightliner Oasis dealer in Oak Creek, Wisconsin for an oil change (Oil filter, 2 fuel filters, zerks greased), and replacement of my engine air filter and air dryer filter. I identified myself as a FCOC member and was interested in pursuing the discount. Nope. I'm told that their prices are "already discounted" so no discount on labor or parts. They're on the list that says they're supposed to provide the FCOC discount.

For those of you that are FCOC members, are you getting your discounts at your local Oasis dealer? Are they giving you an estimate for labor and parts and then knocking 10% off the top? Or is the discount program kind of a fail?

Got the discount at Gaffney in September.
Old 11-05-2017, 11:22 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The FreightLiner dealer in El Paso is supposed to be an Oasis dealer but they don’t give discounts. Fine prints says up to individual dealers.
garykk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:48 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by garykk View Post
The FreightLiner dealer in El Paso is supposed to be an Oasis dealer but they don’t give discounts. Fine prints says up to individual dealers.
There's a list on the FCOC site that lists the participating dealers, because not all participate. Mine is on the list that participates......supposedly.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:49 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
When I called Oasis Ocala, Fl and Orlando, Fl they both stated they 'give' the discount on the labor. Their claim is that the labor rate discount exceeds the 10% Club discount.

Billfish636 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 01:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish636 View Post
When I called Oasis Ocala, Fl and Orlando, Fl they both stated they 'give' the discount on the labor. Their claim is that the labor rate discount exceeds the 10% Club discount.
Sounds familiar. Lame.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:49 AM   #7

Discount

I was handed a $900.00 repair bill and was asked if I was a FCCOC member. I said I didn't know but give me a minute and I will check. I called FCCOC and it was verified (politely) I was NOT a member. They told me the first year is free for new purchases. I told the repair facility what FCCOC said and was given the discount. More than $200.00!!
When I parked at home, I promptly joined FCCOC.
This was at the Oklahoma City Freightliner dealer. I guess it works in some places.
Webz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 12:26 PM   #8

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ualdriver View Post

What was their hourly rate?
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 01:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat320 View Post
What was their hourly rate?
I don't remember. I gave them 3 jobs to do, and the invoice had a listing for each job. Each listing showed the parts required (no discount was given on these parts), then an additional flat labor fee. Then at the end they tacked on a "shop parts" fee of some sort that I thought was a pretty lame as well. I don't mind paying a shop for the expenses they incur, but the "shop parts" fee was not itemized and was about 10% of my total bill.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:35 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
My Flnr dealer charges MHs $130 per hour ($120 for trucks) plus an add on fee if you use a credit card, as well as the usual ''shop parts'' as you noted.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:05 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webz View Post
I was handed a $900.00 repair bill and was asked if I was a FCCOC member. I said I didn't know but give me a minute and I will check. I called FCCOC and it was verified (politely) I was NOT a member. They told me the first year is free for new purchases. I told the repair facility what FCCOC said and was given the discount. More than $200.00!!
When I parked at home, I promptly joined FCCOC.
This was at the Oklahoma City Freightliner dealer. I guess it works in some places.
Four years ago I had a considerable bill at the Oklahoma City Freightliner dealer, and having already identified myself as a FCOC member, when they handed me the bill I asked about the discount and was told it was already figured in the bill amounts.
Haven't been back to that dealer since and as a result of that experience I don't even pay any attention if a dealer is Oasis or not. If they are a reputable dealer and do good work, that's all that matters. Oasis seems to be just a dealer's snare for unwary RV owners.
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote