Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-30-2020, 06:08 PM   #15

National RV Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I my opinion we all need a cheap Wire Tracer!
Disconnect all power and batteries and locate the wire!!
https://www.amazon.com/BOOGIIO-Track...4102657&sr=8-5
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-30-2020, 08:38 PM   #16
Cat

My 2007 Bounder 38V was not wired for power to the trailer plug. I know it irritated me to have to run a power wire to the plug. just ran the power wire from my battery through a circuit breaker to the plug. I do not remember if I used a relay. But anyway mine did not have power from the factory. Safe Travels
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:10 AM   #17

My prior Newmar had a wire that ran from under the dash to the rear of the coach. It wasn’t connected at either end, but it was shown on the wiring diagram and I did the final connections when I started four down towing. Not sure if your manufacturer does something similar.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:01 AM   #18

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by mevman View Post
I love the helpful comments "Call Fleetwood". I know there is a wire there as it's connected at the plug and runs back into the wire harness.
Thanks Bill.
Thank you for your comment. Having owen a 38N Bounder and worked on numerous outher Bounders in our club I see that you have this well in hand and don't need any more of my "helpful comments".
Bill
WILDEBILL308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 04:03 PM   #19

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDEBILL308 View Post
Thank you for your comment. Having owen a 38N Bounder and worked on numerous outher Bounders in our club I see that you have this well in hand and don't need any more of my "helpful comments".
Bill
Right on Bill. You pegged it right. Don’t think Fleetwood would be right call in any case.
RichKimball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 02:42 PM   #20
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Hi.
I know that my 7 way plug is wired for 12v power...and I have read that others have confirmed that power should be present with the key on...so maybe a fuse is out on mine, but I can't seem to find the offender.
Have looked in the BCC, the side pass compartment that has fuses for the other 7way plug functions (tail, stop, turn) and can't identify a power fuse.

If someone can help me with a location, I would be grateful. I need to power my toad.

TIA
I don't know if your way past this point, but on my Freightliner XCR chassis, which I've had two. On both, the fuse indicated was a 30 amp in that BCC, now referred to as the BCM in with the starting batteries. Here is a photo of my BCM cover, just left of center is the fuse for the IGN TOW. In the second photo, you can see the green 30 amp fuse.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200805_095725.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	253.9 KB
ID:	307423

Name:	20200805_095731.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	383.4 KB
ID:	307424
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:01 PM   #21

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thanks so much Don for the pics. Yours is the same as Vettenut posted...although I cannot find a fuse box like this. I'll look some more.

Where my starting batteries are...I don't think there is any room for anything else there....and they would have to be pulled out for access if there was.

My owners manual states the same as you mention...that the fuse should be in battery compartment.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-11-09 at 6.00.05 PM.png
Views:	63
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	307435  
Old 11-09-2020, 06:04 PM   #22

Quote:
Hi.
I know that my 7 way plug is wired for 12v power...and I have read that others have confirmed that power should be present with the key on...so maybe a fuse is out on mine, but I can't seem to find the offender.
Have looked in the BCC, the side pass compartment that has fuses for the other 7way plug functions (tail, stop, turn) and can't identify a power fuse.

If someone can help me with a location, I would be grateful. I need to power my toad.

TIA
If I have a chance tomorrow, I will see if I can identify which one is for the 12 volt supply. Mine is a 2006 coach so maybe it will be like yours, ....or maybe not

I 'think' it is either the top fuse, or the 3rd one down in my picture. There is also a relay that operates the circuit. You can see the two relays marked "Ignition" in my photo. Relays are all alike, so you can swap them around to see if one is not working.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8043.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	307447  
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 06:40 PM   #23

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you for the help. I don’t have a panel that looks like that either. Sad.
Old 11-10-2020, 05:12 AM   #24

The picture I last posted was a inside look at the box on the right. These boxes are in my passenger side second to last compartment.

You mentioned "side pass compartment that has fuses for the other 7way plug functions (tail, stop, turn)" What does your "tail, stop, turn" fuse panel look like?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_8042.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	348.2 KB
ID:	307478  
Old 11-10-2020, 08:35 AM   #25

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Here is a pic of the fuse block that houses the tow plug fuses. I'm surprised to learn that Freightliner used so many different versions of these. I don't currently have a pic with the cover off.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cummins Freightliner Fuse Block.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	282.3 KB
ID:	307497  
Old 11-10-2020, 10:26 AM   #26

Oh yes. as time marches on, new ideas are developed, new suppliers come on board, you can expect to see just about anything from year to year. I always try and be careful giving information, knowing the person on the other end may be seeing something entirely different than me!

Good luck, and please post what you discover. It will most likely help someone else down the road.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:58 AM   #27
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
"mevman"....On all three of my DP's, I took colored photos of EVERY fuse panel and every fuse panel cover that showed the fuse layouts. I printed them in 8x10 and keep them in a notebook in the coach. It's so much easier to look at the photos and determine where a fuse is located then to crawl around in various bays and cabinets. Obviously, once you find them all.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 02:54 AM   #28

Triple E Owners Club
I'm watching this post carefully as this will help me find the illusive fuse or relay.
I have an 2008 Freightliner chassis and I suspect will have the same issues.
I need power to my Equinox and this should help me find the panel.
Great pictures to look at and always "worth a thousand words"
Chrome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, fleetwood, power, tow