Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2021, 07:40 AM   #1

Freightliner hub oil?

Looks like one of my hubs is on the low side, and need to top it off. The last forum post on this subject goes back to 2011, and indicates the use of 80-90 gear oil. Do these hubs over the years uniformly use 80-90 gear oil (wherever I buy that?) , or do I need to research and identify something specific for my particular chassis?

Amazon sells “Lucas hub oil”, but it does not specify a weight. Is this appropriate, or is it something different?

Interesting that one hub is fine, the other on the low side (no sign of a leak). Maybe it was never properly filled?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2021, 11:22 AM   #2

Plain old 80 - 90 gear oil. That's what is recommended for my 2020 Palazzo by Freightliner.
NorthernDriv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 11:50 AM   #3

I'm sure you can trust Lucas as well Wal-Mart or local parts store shoul have 80/90.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 01:39 PM   #4

Found and purchased. Thank you!

Tags
freightliner