Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2011, 06:22 PM   #1

freightliner information center

On a recent trip, our check information center light came on a couple of times. We could not read what it was trying to tell us, and it went out. This happened about 4 times. Can you tell me what information is displayed in that center, so that we could possibly do a check on all of them?
expedite is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2011, 06:50 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Year and model would be a definite help. Are you referring to the LBCU (Light Bar control Unit)? What do you mean, "our check information light came on"? Is that what it said-check information?

If its the LBCU you're referring to, it is customizable to your needs. The only messages I've ever seen are "engine overheating", "shut engine down", engine shutting down". Those are not good messages.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:01 PM   #3

No, this is the Medallion instrumentation system installed on Freightliner X-line chasis. It shows warnings etc. I know it will tell you when to change your oil, it is also where you set your trip, and shows fuel remaining and average fuel economy. The unit is a 2005 expedition diesel.
expedite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 07:06 PM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I'm not familiar with the Medallion instrument system. Sorry. Maybe someone with that year will be able to help. You may want to call Freightliner help line. 1-800-FTL-Help. You will need the last 6 of your VIN. They are available 24/7
Old 08-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
When you call ask them to get you an ID and PW for Accessfreightliner.com A lot info up there specifically for your chassis. Use it all the time.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #6

What do you click on at AccessFreightliner to get any kind of information? I've tried twice to use it to no avail. The first time my registration undoubtedly didn't take and had to do it over. The 2nd time it did, I got a password ID but nothing I ever clicked on showed any information concerning a Freightliner chassis. And I got a phone call on my answering machine from someone at FL asking what kind of trucks I had and how many, but not knowing how to answer I never returned the call.

I haven't re-registered for a 3rd time yet since nothing worked before. I know I'm very computer illiterate but surely I couldn't be missing that much.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The site is not very friendly first of all. Takes a little to figure out.

Not calling the help desk is a mistake. Tell them exactly what you have and have your VIN handy. They want to know because they don't want someone using your id. They might hold up your access until you call.

Go to www.accessfreightliner.com

In the upper right click on Login

Put your ID and PW into the sign in screen...Login

The original screen come up with a "Logout" in the upper right instead of "login" Thats how yu can tell if your in.

In the middle of the screen there are applications. The ones your first concerned about is Parts Pro and Service Pro.

Double click on Service Pro

Several screens come in an out ...Wait until The serial number screen comes up......In the box put the last six number of your vin number in the box that ask for 6 digits.

Click ok and the bottom of the screen

Now your in to the payday screens. Basic info on your chassis. Navigate using the left hand menus. Lots of stuff.

if you notice and the end of the menu selection there is "parts pro" selection which was the other one we started with.

Any way you should be able to navigate now.....Takes a while to learn. Took me days to figure this out.

But you may have to return that call to gain access. No reason not to.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 08-02-2011, 06:26 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Oh one other thing

The payday screens you get are specific to your SN. That is why the help desk needs to know number of trucks. You will have access to info for only the SNs that you certify are yours. They may request a fax of a document like registration. I don't know. Been going up there for a couple of years.

I tried to put a neighbors vin in and I was denied assess.

I doubt you will be able to access your data without checking in with the help desk that called you.

Good Luck
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 08-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #9

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If yours is like ours , it well show low air, high water temp, low fuel ,etc. Etc.
DRBARBER001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 AM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Expedite,
Is the issue that the LCD display is unreadable?
Our 05 Journey display could not be read from a normal driving position due to poor display design. This was a common problem and the display was later redesigned. I replaced the display with the newer version and have had no further problems.

Order info is on the FCOC website.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 04:10 PM   #11

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTotem View Post
Our 05 Journey display could not be read from a normal driving position due to poor display design. This was a common problem and the display was later redesigned. I replaced the display with the newer version and have had no further problems.
Same here. I occasionally get the same warning light that says "Check Info Center" when my engine gets hot after a long climb on a summer day. The LCD screen on the info center then shows me what my current engine temp is, along with the normal threshold level. This was totally unreadable with the old info center LCD screen. Worth the upgrade cost.

Craig

My wife does all the driving - I just hold the wheel...
Gadget Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner