Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Rv XCs chassis replacement hub and hub cap

Recently lost my curbside rear axle hub and cap. Have had trouble locating a replacement. I need the cap with freightliner on the top. Would appreciate any help on this subject. As a related question. Is it usual or normal to check rear brakes without removing the wheels? I have a feeling why I lost my hub and cap is because when the rv place I took my coach to have my brakes checked, removed the hub and cap and didn't secure it when putting it back together.
Thanks for your comments in advance.

2005 Winnebago Journey 39F
2008 Saturn Vue
boltdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-27-2013, 09:06 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to TurtleKent
Call Freightliner Factory Service in Gaffney, SC.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #3

boltDave,
All that's needed is for you to call ANY Freightliner Service Center and give them the last (6) of your VIN. They will tell you exactly what hub caps came with your coach and, they'll most likely have it for you the next day, if they don't have it in stock. They're not cheap though. I too lost the curb side front. I think I paid somewhere in the neighborhood of $30-$35 for it, maybe more, it was a while ago.

Now, as for WHY it decided to leave permanent residence on your coach, it's most likely because the spring loaded clips on the it were not taking a good purchase on the rim itself. If and when you get a new one, take a good look at those little clips. You can actually take a small screw driver (pocket style) and "tweak" those clips just a tiny bit and make them have a better "bite" on the inside diameter of the hole they sit in, on the rim.

While you're at it, you should remove the drivers side one and check the clips on that one. Note how easy or hard it is to remove that one. The harder it comes off, the better purchase the clips have on the alloy wheels. If it was somewhat hard to remove, then you might not need any tweaking of the clips on that one. If it came off real easy, then you're lucky because it too, could have taken a permanent vacation from your rig. So, some tweaking of the clips may need to be applied to that one. Hope this info helps some.
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, freightliner, replacement