Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-24-2020, 10:08 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by koda59 View Post
We had the same problem. I talked to Freight liner and they said I only have on leveler on the front. They had me move 2 feet and check again. Everything was fine. With the one side lower it was trying to level the coach. Any time it happens I just move the coach and everything is fine.
Cool thanks. That seems to jibe with what happened to me in the rest area the first time I noticed it. I wouldn't be surprised if it has been doing it for years, but I'm just noticing it now!
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-30-2020, 07:17 PM   #16

I'd just like to add some info to this post for other Freightliner chassis owners to consider.

Over the years , F/L has used different number of ( 3 or 4 ) ride height valves and when the 3 were used , sometimes 2 on front and 1 in the rear , other years the reverse .

Very important to have the info that applies to YOUR chassis , and that's available by going directly to Freightliner's free help line with your chassis serial number and asking for an air system diagram , that will give you the number of valves and their placement , ask also for ride height adjustment details .

1-800-385-4357

Also there is a disturbing trend by F/L to discontinue their information services to older (20+) chassis , so get the info you need NOW and keep it to pass on with your coach .
Old 07-30-2020, 07:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
I'd just like to add some info to this post for other Freightliner chassis owners to consider.

Over the years , F/L has used different number of ( 3 or 4 ) ride height valves and when the 3 were used , sometimes 2 on front and 1 in the rear , other years the reverse .

Very important to have the info that applies to YOUR chassis , and that's available by going directly to Freightliner's free help line with your chassis serial number and asking for an air system diagram , that will give you the number of valves and their placement , ask also for ride height adjustment details .

1-800-385-4357

Also there is a disturbing trend by F/L to discontinue their information services to older (20+) chassis , so get the info you need NOW and keep it to pass on with your coach .
Thanks Skip!
ualdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:12 PM   #18

Following, I have the exact same issue on right front, Freightliner XCL.
Old 08-09-2020, 07:50 PM   #19
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I didn't see it mentioned here, but you should NEVER try to adjust your ride height valves unless you're COMPLETELY comfortable with how to do it. Any slip of the adjustment, or disconnection of the ride height valve rod during adjustment, can drop the coach immediately, possibly pinning you under the coach.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #20

I will add on to this thread since i replaced 2 of the three leveling valves on my 19 year old XC chassis. As Skip 426 stated, You have to call FL help line with the vin number they will give you the ride height measurement front and rear, The measurement is from the bottom of the frame to the center of the bottom bolt of the shock. I took a paint stir stick and marked this measurement for easy use and checking from time to time. My front and rear were different. There is good instructions on adjusting the leveler in the Chassis workshop manual and maintenance manual, as well as the leveler box if your replacing them. You can find these on line.

The key to do doing this right is to be sure you are on a level surface. that the air system is at least 100psi, as the air pressure changes the ride height. 100psi is close to the middle of the operating range for most DP's.
As far as the safety aspect of being under the rig, you have to use some common sense, be sure the wheels are blocked, and start out the process with all the air out of the system so you know the minimum clearance you have to work with. I know those limits before I crawled under it.

I started this process to replace a leaking valve, then I moved on to the others when i found they needed adjustment. The the spec is +/- half an inch so you want to get it right.

Tags
freightliner, ride height