Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2020, 04:06 PM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Front Suspension Air Bag

Just to share a little information, in case it helps someone. I did a search and didn't see the exact info I needed on this. I had a bad air leak on the front and couldn't even lift the coach off the axle.

I removed the air bag but there was no info on it. I took the old bag over to Freightliner but he said none were in stock and he couldn't find one to order for me. Kind of left me without any options. I spent a lot of time on the internet, finally found Stengle Brothers who advertise if I can read the rubber imprint and measure the old one they can provide a replacement.

The number on the bag was 1T15TQ. The match Stengle came up with was W01-358-5770. Took several days to get here as Fedex took the box for a long ride for 2 days but it finally arrived. It fits great, no leaks, rides fine and I am back in business. Cost with shipping was a little over $200. I plan to get another and replace the other front, maybe replace the back two next year.

There are a few good videos on YT for this. I did have to use a 6 foot pipe on the end of my breaker bar. Not a fun job, but it looks like the rear ones are much easier. Sure feels good to have my smooth ride back.

If there is a better place to get these air bags, maybe someone can chip in. I was happy with Stengle.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-14-2020, 06:49 PM   #2

Fleet Pride is a national chain of truck part's stores... they have an excellent selection of air bags in stock and the ability to order what you need...

Mind you, they usually work with professionals and no longer employee seasoned outside salesmen who have so much knowledge they forgot some of it... However, Fleet Pride has an excellent web site that most of us can use....

Also your Freightliner store or the DTNA connect, would provide you with a Freightliner part number... which any of these good stores can interchange... BTW some NAPA stores have a HD section... again you need to find a seasoned outside sales person who knows the ropes, which is now very hard to find at NAPA.... too costly for the store, so the national chain says...

And I'm sorry to say.... the NAPA owned stores have managers who don't know jack S*** about anything.... just my personal thoughts....
Old 11-15-2020, 05:24 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunrollin View Post
Just to share a little information, in case it helps someone. I did a search and didn't see the exact info I needed on this. I had a bad air leak on the front and couldn't even lift the coach off the axle.

I removed the air bag but there was no info on it. I took the old bag over to Freightliner but he said none were in stock and he couldn't find one to order for me. Kind of left me without any options. I spent a lot of time on the internet, finally found Stengle Brothers who advertise if I can read the rubber imprint and measure the old one they can provide a replacement.

The number on the bag was 1T15TQ. The match Stengle came up with was W01-358-5770. Took several days to get here as Fedex took the box for a long ride for 2 days but it finally arrived. It fits great, no leaks, rides fine and I am back in business. Cost with shipping was a little over $200. I plan to get another and replace the other front, maybe replace the back two next year.

There are a few good videos on YT for this. I did have to use a 6 foot pipe on the end of my breaker bar. Not a fun job, but it looks like the rear ones are much easier. Sure feels good to have my smooth ride back.

If there is a better place to get these air bags, maybe someone can chip in. I was happy with Stengle.
Sir,
Jelag told you some good info. Especially the part of *DTNA*. You see, if you don't know about it, you can become a member of DTNA on their website. Having a Freightliner chassis, and it's registered in your name, all you need to do is get a hold of a Freightliner parts counter person and ask for assistance in setting up your DTNA account. It's just like logging on a forum. It's a user name and a password.

Then, once you're all set up, what you will be provided with is, a total set of screens, that will show you each and every nut and bolt, piece of wire, air bag, shock, steering equipment, radiator stuff and a few zillion other things, that were YOUR COACHES BUILD parts. Not anyone elses, JUST YOURS. There are times when I log on in the evening, and just cruise through all the parts and diagrams of what was built into our coach.

But, the really good part of this is, YOU can look up your own parts to your FREIGHTLINER chassis. Then, make a phone call to your local Freightliner parts counter and TELL them the part numbers. It makes it SERIOUSLY easier for them when you supply the correct information and they don't have to go searching, even when you provide your last 6 of your VIN. Just a suggestion.,
Scott
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 01:00 AM   #4

Just a warning DTNA Connect is phasing out access for people with older chassis , so if you are a member , start taking notes ; lots of detailed notes ; of part numbers . Some members with older coaches even having issues getting info when phoning.
I got a nasty gram from them in May saying my access was terminated, FOREVER.
Old 11-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Just a warning DTNA Connect is phasing out access for people with older chassis , so if you are a member , start taking notes ; lots of detailed notes ; of part numbers . Some members with older coaches even having issues getting info when phoning.
I got a nasty gram from them in May saying my access was terminated, FOREVER.
I'd also received an email telling me to change my password 'cause the old one will expire TODAY. I had to get them on the phone, to assist me in changing my password 'cause, my present one would not work, just so I could get into the system to change it. But, I'm still there and have an account, so far.
Scott
FIRE UP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 04:27 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
Great information! Got the front two done now, I plan to do the back ones in the next couple of months. This will really help, Thanks.

For the record, the passenger side bag did have a part number still visible, Firestone W01-675-9586. Also just took a trip and the air system is leak free, at least for a few days. I had to replace the air dryer, two ruptured air lines and some fiddling around, but all is good now.

Doug
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	W0.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	540.1 KB
ID:	308327  
Old 11-17-2020, 04:47 AM   #7

Damon Owners Club
This ruptured air line from the compressor to the dryer started all my issues. The dryer never got the purge signal and the compressor never got the stop pumping command. I think this over pressurized the whole system.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	254.4 KB
ID:	308328  

Tags
air, suspension