RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2010, 09:35 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Joined Freightliner info site...

I wanted to browse the info on the Freightliner Chassis Site and I had to submit an application for a user name and password! It said that I will not have permission for about three weeks while my application is processed. It is "accessfreightliner.com" What the heck is the big secret? Joe
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:38 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
My application said that also, but got my response within two days.
SoIlBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoIlBoy View Post
My application said that also, but got my response within two days.
Was it worth joining? Joe
Old 05-24-2010, 10:07 PM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
Joe: The Access FTL site is interesting. After you log on and enter the last 6 of your vin, the Parts Plus program gives an illustrated parts break down, diagrams and part numbers. Same program that the parts counter uses at Freightliner shop here. Printable. Also gives access to wiring diagrams. All as of the date your chassis left the factory.
ServicePro gives major component manufacturer and serial Numbers, plus status of Recalls..
. Try to remember to log in occassionally, if you don't log in for about 60 days the computer will drop you and you have to re-apply.

Enjoy....
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Don't know why they make it so hard to use the site, though. If you were a truck owner instead of an RV, your would need an ok from your dealer to get the userid/password assigned. Guess maybe they are protecting their dealer's livelihood?

I let mine lapse and when I reapplied, they told me I was not the owner of my chassis so I could not have an id. Told them I had an previous id but they didn't care and said I would have to "call your dealer". Called the factory and they verified I am the owner of record for my chassis VIN and said the accessfreightliner people should be aware of that. Tried again for an Id and got the same story, so I gave up - wasn't worth the fight for access.
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 06:14 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Took me a little while to get on but it was worth it. I am surprised they had so much on my older chassis. Worth it.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Second owner registration...

I went to accessfreightliner.com site after being given a user name and password. I attempted to register as the second owner but could not figure it out. I printed several pages taken from the directions in a large PDF file re registration of a new owner. The info doesn't work as it is given. The mentioned screens do not come up.

Has anyone registered as the new owner/second owner with freightliner? Please help. Joe
Old 05-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am the third owner of this MH.

Before they can give you a PW you must have the vehicle registered with the Freightliner Warranty Dept. (even though you may be out of warranty)They do not have direct access to DMV or records kept by the MH mfgr. This file is the only way they have to certify your ownership. So this step must be done.
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 05-26-2010, 10:19 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the password and I can go on the site, but I can't figure out how to register as the second owner. The directions they have don't match what is on the site pages for new (second) owners. Joe
Old 05-26-2010, 10:24 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Joe.

Since you have your PW you should not have to register any more since your coach was probably registered on purchase.

Click on Applications and you will see "parts pro" and "service pro"

Click on one of them and a screen comes up asking for the last 6 of you Vin.

Where it shows sn just put in your last 6.

YOu can only put in yours and it won't work for other sn's

Navigation is not really user friendly but after you play with it awhile, it grows on you.

Don't think it works with a MAC. Works better on older versions of explorer

Since I have an older coach EZ wiring does not work but all my chassis wiring is embedded in PDFs in service pro.

Tom
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
Old 05-26-2010, 11:41 AM   #11

Winnebago Owners Club
Thanks for your help. Joe
Old 05-26-2010, 02:45 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Confusion Abounds...

OK, I went to the "accessfreightliner.com" site as Joe had mentioned as I would like to sign up for access.

I assume you click the New User link at the top of the Daimler page, but which of the options do you select?
Customer Order Form
Body Builder Request for Access
New User - Existing Dealer / Customer

None seem to provide a sign up page - at least without prompting for your business name or other information which I do not have.

Am I missing some other link where MH owners can join?

Usually towing a horse trailer.
GrandpaLarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandpaLarry View Post
OK, I went to the "accessfreightliner.com" site as Joe had mentioned as I would like to sign up for access.

I assume you click the New User link at the top of the Daimler page, but which of the options do you select?
Customer Order Form
Body Builder Request for Access
New User - Existing Dealer / Customer

None seem to provide a sign up page - at least without prompting for your business name or other information which I do not have.

Am I missing some other link where MH owners can join?

I believe it was the new user-existing dealer/customer. I ended up saying that I was in charge of something or other (don't recall) and I said that I was a driver...it really doesn't matter but it seems that they want you as an employee in part of it. I just stretched the truth a little. If you get to the page that asks for your user name and password I recall that there is something to click on to apply OR put in anything and it may tell you what to do because it does not have you in the system yet. Also, once you are a member use the info in one of the upper posts to sign in. I couldn't figure it out but another member had the answer. See above post.

I still don't understand why there is all this fuss about getting some info on the chassis that we own! There is some interesting reading, but I don't understand this "top security" business. Joe

PS Greystroke had the answer about entering the site after you get "accepted". Go back a couple posts to read his answer...It worked.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
If they refuse the application like they did mine then it is probably because you don't have the chassis registered with the Freightliner Warranty Dept. This can be done at your Freightliner dealer. Probably the best way. My local dealers could not help after several attempts. So I ended up faxing the info to the warranty dept. Try the freightliner dealer first.

If your registered then you probably won't have a problem and your PW should be approved.

Tom
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors