Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2021, 04:59 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lost hubcap

Any ideas on where I might get a replacement hubcap for my 08 Itasca meridian 39z freightliner xc-s chassis? Preferably used.

I found it loose on this trip a day ago but couldn't find a way to tighten it because all it did was turn and wouldn't tighten up or come off. My plan was to inspect further today while in a campground but it didn't make it here.

Thanks for any replies.
kongmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2021, 05:06 PM   #2

Try https://colawrvsalvage.com/

I bought a couple from them a few years ago. At the time they had new and used ones.
Old 03-05-2021, 09:46 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Quote:
Originally Posted by kongmen View Post
Any ideas on where I might get a replacement hubcap for my 08 Itasca meridian 39z freightliner xc-s chassis? Preferably used.

I found it loose on this trip a day ago but couldn't find a way to tighten it because all it did was turn and wouldn't tighten up or come off. My plan was to inspect further today while in a campground but it didn't make it here.

Thanks for any replies.

Kongman,

I was able to order one from my local Freightliner shop. And it wasn't as pricey as I expected.
But if you can get one from a salvage, then go for it as recycling is a good thing.
Old 03-06-2021, 06:41 AM   #4

Freightliner Owners Club
ETrailer for generic
gatorcq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #5

I’ve lost a couple over the years. I can’t stand the way it looks so I always keep a spare. Not too expensive from Freightliner, and by ordering a couple at a time saves on shipping. Last two I bought were $50ea.

The ones I’m referring to are the center caps on the front wheels. The spring metal clips get rusty and weak and won’t hold.
Old 03-06-2021, 01:35 PM   #6

You might try these guys:
https://jackschromeshop.com/
This is where I buy my clips and they may have the cap you need.
Tankd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 03:21 PM   #7

Do you have any idea of the part # or #s?
My Freightliner is worthless without a part #.
Tiffin had two slightly different ones a number of years ago. Problem is they charge $50 shipping.
I know, "big boys toys".
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by moleary View Post
I’ve lost a couple over the years. I can’t stand the way it looks so I always keep a spare. Not too expensive from Freightliner, and by ordering a couple at a time saves on shipping. Last two I bought were $50ea.

The ones I’m referring to are the center caps on the front wheels. The spring metal clips get rusty and weak and won’t hold.
John Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 09:26 PM   #8

I have a 2006 Journey on a Freightliner XCS chassis. When I purchased my last hubcap for the front wheels, the Freightliner part number on my 2018 order is:

Part Number 301F/A22-53321-000; Hubcap-4 Spoke, w/FTL Logo, VCL, price = 38.00 plus tax.

My local Freightliner dealer here in Indianapolis had them in stock when I called to order.

I recall a post somewhere on this site saying to put two dabs of clear silicone caulking on two spots on the outer edge (side) of the cover (I did so near the metal tabs normally holding the cover on) to help it stay on better. You cannot see the caulking as it is only on the side of the cover and is making contact with the inside edge of the aluminum wheel where the cover is inserted into the wheel. The last two front hub caps have now been on without issue for over three years. By just using the two small dabs of caulking, the covers can be easily removed to check or change the front hub oil, just use two new dabs when replacing the cover.
CWHTRAINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 04:16 AM   #9

Call Freightliner in Gaffney with the last 6 letters/numbers of your vin and they will tell you which center caps originally came with your coach.

Some have 4 retention tabs on the back or in my case, 2012 XC Chassis, 5 retention tabs. Also, the part numbers are different depending on whether you want the cap with the hole in the center or the one that is solid with the black Freightliner emblem in the center.
Toribk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:34 AM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Put grease on those spring clips to keep them from rusting. And a small clip, maybe 1/16", on each one, bend out slightly for more tension. You'll never waste money again.