Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-01-2008, 05:30 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
How did you disconnect the buzzer - atleast temporarily? My problem with this darn air alarm persists on my 5000 mile trip I'm on and I know it is the sensor on the VDC - Vehicle Dash Controller. So how do you deal with the buzzer - where is it under the dash or can you pull a buzzer fuse? I've checked my air system twice now and I don't have an leaks. The front stays a 110-115 psi all the time.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-02-2008, 06:31 AM   #16

The buzzer on mine is behind the instrument panel. There is a molded plastic cover between the instrument panel and the windshield. There are about 4 screws that hold it down to the dash. Remove them and lift the cover off. My alarm buzzer was over to the left. Just pulled one of the wires off (were 2 I think). You can feel it buzzing to locate.
Ken S.
ps. My email has changed to kens27@bellsouth.net Guess I forgot to change on the irv2 site.
Travlin Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:36 PM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Travlin Ken:
The buzzer on mine is behind the instrument panel. There is a molded plastic cover between the instrument panel and the windshield. There are about 4 screws that hold it down to the dash. Remove them and lift the cover off. My alarm buzzer was over to the left. Just pulled one of the wires off (were 2 I think). You can feel it buzzing to locate.
Ken S.
ps. My email has changed to kens27@bellsouth.net Guess I forgot to change on the irv2 site. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Ken!
Old 09-30-2008, 11:26 AM   #18

Freightliner Owners Club
My vdc went out on my 2001 horizon the real cause is that it is mounted too close to the turbo charger. The radiant heat just cooks it to death. So when puting in new one built a heat shield out of aluminium this was 40k miles ago so think it worked.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
Well, I still get the dang low air alarm often and I still have not replaced the VDC yet. Needs to be done. Is there a new VDC version now?
Old 09-22-2012, 10:00 PM   #20

Freightliner Owners Club
jhanan--replace your vdc -vehical data comp this will fix your problem and make sure to sheild it from the turbo heat or it to will fail good luck
Old 10-07-2012, 05:54 PM   #21

I had a simular problem. I contacted Freightliner, first question was the gauge bouncing around, if so he stated that it was most likely water in the air system. The gauges are electronic and can ground due to water in the system. I was told to bleed the tanks daily and work the brakes several times at the end of the day. My MH also has a drier located on the drivers side behine the rear wheels, inside the frame. I have parts on order to change the drier.
Darwin is offline   Reply With Quote