Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvpmich View Post
Did you get any info regarding a way to flash the running lights using a similar approach? If the smart wheel has that function I would think that there would be a module/connector to wire to!?
There are more wires on my LCM than shown in the diagram. I will check my ICC switch to see if I can figure anything out.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #30

Freightliner Owners Club
I have a spring loaded THX switch on our Discovery. All the running lights on the coach turn on when it's pushed. I wonder why they did away with it?
Old 03-13-2013, 12:34 PM   #31

Got fog lights??
That has been what I have been using for over 3 years on my '09 Winnebago Journey. I know they are visible during the day as I have a 70%+ return rate from truckers after they come back into my lane.
Can't get no cheaper fix than that . . . assuming you have fog lights.
stik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stik View Post
Got fog lights??
That has been what I have been using for over 3 years on my '09 Winnebago Journey. I know they are visible during the day as I have a 70%+ return rate from truckers after they come back into my lane.
Can't get no cheaper fix than that . . . assuming you have fog lights.

That's what I use and get a good response from truckers.
Bob
1ciderdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #33

On my 2011 Ellipse I flash the headlights and marker lights with the switches on the steering wheel.
dbeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 03:47 PM   #34

I want to say "thanks" to gMw for researching this topic. I completed my installation yesterday and am VERY happy with the result.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #35

Freightliner Owners Club
Erieh,
Congrats Enie. You are right, we need to thank gMw for the research. I only have space for one switch so I am trying to track down a double pole that will allow me to flash the headlights off one way and also be able to flash the marker lights the other way. I just have not found a good source to buy the Carling Technologies switch. Then, I will catch up with you and install it in my motor home. I'm glad to hear it worked for you.
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
Erieh,
Congrats Enie. You are right, we need to thank gMw for the research. I only have space for one switch so I am trying to track down a double pole that will allow me to flash the headlights off one way and also be able to flash the marker lights the other way. I just have not found a good source to buy the Carling Technologies switch. Then, I will catch up with you and install it in my motor home. I'm glad to hear it worked for you.
If your coach came with an ICC flash switch, that switch might do the job for you. The switch that Tiffin supplied on mine was a single throw double poll momentary switch. If I had wanted to, I could have used the other side of the switch to flash the headlamps. The only down side would be that the marker lamps and headlamps would flash at the same time.

I got my switch from Tiffin, but I found another good source on the web.

I will edit this post as soon as I find a link.

Found.

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en
Old 03-18-2013, 05:38 PM   #37

Freightliner Owners Club
Ernieh,
If the switch is a double poll single throw (DPST) three position rocker (mom) off (mom) then one way should be head lights only and the other side flasher only?? Unless your switch is only a two position (mom) off switch which would mean both would be grounded when you pressed the switch?
This make sense.
No, I don't have an ICC switch which is why I am trying to find a SPDT three position rocker (or paddle or toggle) that will allow me to toggle one way for the markers and the other way for the headlights. Still looking.....
dengraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:51 PM   #38
gMw

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
I used a double poll three position rocker (mom). Have an idea what I'm going to do with the other 'side' of the switch after I return home next month and have access to my work bench

FYI... I happened to have a spare Bedroom Side switch, bought from a Winnebago dealer, for my Journey when it was having slide issues. Anyway, I put it to good use in the FW Expedition.
gMw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
This is what I did to my 05 Journey
http://www.rvtechstop.com/articles/icc.pdf

Worked great for me.
SoIlBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by dengraham View Post
Ernieh,
If the switch is a double poll single throw (DPST) three position rocker (mom) off (mom) then one way should be head lights only and the other side flasher only?? Unless your switch is only a two position (mom) off switch which would mean both would be grounded when you pressed the switch?
This make sense.
No, I don't have an ICC switch which is why I am trying to find a SPDT three position rocker (or paddle or toggle) that will allow me to toggle one way for the markers and the other way for the headlights. Still looking.....
That would be the same switch that they use for the power shades/visors.
I would call it DPDT momentary

Actually the ICC switch that I use can be momentary close or open depending on which terminals you use.

I don't know what style you want but I'll see what I can find when I get a chance.

Try this link. They show several that should do what you want.

http://www.digikey.com/scripts/dksea...-1=432&PV235=4