Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-24-2021, 08:48 AM   #1

Need help on sequence of wiring dash gauges

I had a problem with my gas gauge and as it turned out it was a bad wiring on the white stock wires. bought a new set of Black wires but had a brain fart and didn't check the wiring sequence and now I'm having trouble with rewiring them. I know that it makes no difference in what order they are wired but it seems that I'm short a wire but Freightliner says that I have all the wires. Is there a site that I can see a schematic for the wiring?

Thanks in advance'
4TheHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2021, 09:02 AM   #2

Welcome to iRV2 .

What year is your chassis ?

I've heard about the change up wiring but not sure if the wiring was a change up on the MMDC gauge package or the newer LBCU package.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:55 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip426 View Post
Welcome to iRV2 .

What year is your chassis ?

I've heard about the change up wiring but not sure if the wiring was a change up on the MMDC gauge package or the newer LBCU package.
We are having the same problem. Our gauges are not working, an alarm is going off (Then it stops, gauges come back on ). When we stopped the rv they now won’t come back on. We have a 2007winnebago vectra. Freightliner
JudieandRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2021, 10:36 AM   #4

https://f01.justanswer.com/TellNoL43...edometer+3.pdf
Very handy for those of us who have had this problem. It has troubleshooting and the panel wiring sequence as well. You can probably use the white wire in place of the missing black wire, just check that it is good using a continuity checker. That doesn't apply for the cabling that has the ferrot diode on it though, IMO.
My 08 XCS had/has the recurring dead panel problem even after I replaced the white wires with the black ones. The LBCU was replaced a few years ago for the same thing. I use the Bluefire app on my ipad as backup when the panel goes blank. No problem with that except the low pressure buzzer can't be shut off.
ktbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 09:54 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Thank you for this information! We are still on the road, calling ahead to freight liner dealers to see if We can order the parts. Thank goodness everything is working today, no alarms after the first 5 minutes and that was different gauges then yesterday so that’s why we think there is a short. We decided not to turn off the rv til we get to our next destination as that is what caused the issues yesterday. 1.5 hours to go. Thanks

Judie
Old 09-26-2021, 11:04 AM   #6

We have a 2008 Fleetwood discovery. According to the diagram the wire with the diode goes from the LBCM to the first gauge. Correct? Then the other gauges are wired in series?
Thanks
Old 09-26-2021, 11:12 AM   #7

[QUOTE=4TheHorseman;5928515]We have a 2008 Fleetwood discovery. According to the diagram the wire with the diode goes from the LBCM to the first gauge. Correct? Then the other gauges are wired in series?
Thanks

[Sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence is because there is a sewer leak!]
Old 09-27-2021, 09:34 AM   #8

The cable with the diode goes to the speedometer. Everything else in sequence. I don’t think that the exact order is particularly important, just that the last cable ends at the air pressure gauge. When checking this instrument panel against the diagram, the person that replaced the LBCU previously just connected the cables at random. It worked that way until literally the day that I bought the coach. ( I have known the P.O. for many years along with the coach, so no hidden problem there).
ktbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 07:59 AM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We called Chesapeake freightliner and they shipped the cables to our next stop in Hershey PA. Picked up the cables, drove to our next stop in Corning NY and my husband followed a you tube video and was able to replace the cables and so far 5 days later alliances are working! Thanks everyone
Old 10-09-2021, 01:40 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Unhappy Did not solve our problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudieandRick View Post
We called Chesapeake freightliner and they shipped the cables to our next stop in Hershey PA. Picked up the cables, drove to our next stop in Corning NY and my husband followed a you tube video and was able to replace the cables and so far 5 days later alliances are working! Thanks everyone
So i hoped that would work, and it did, for a little while. Still having lots of issues. Alarm sounding constantly, Guages going on and off. Only 200 more miles to go (had about 800). Then off to freightliner we go. Should have bought stock.
Old 10-09-2021, 02:31 PM   #11

We have had the same problem with our 2008 Discovery 40X. We purchased it in August 20 and the gauges quit working the day we were to pick it up. Ended up the dealer sent it to a local Freightliner who installed the new wires and everything was fine. I returned a few days later and they started acting up on the way home and I've been working on the issue on and off since then. On ours, if I startup and they don't work, I can turn on at least the park lights and all the gauges work. Sometimes they work without turning the lights on and if they quit driving down the road I just turn the lights on and the start working again. Very weird situation and maybe I'll figure it out down the road sometime when I have time.
Old 10-09-2021, 03:55 PM   #12

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rconkin View Post
We have had the same problem with our 2008 Discovery 40X. We purchased it in August 20 and the gauges quit working the day we were to pick it up. Ended up the dealer sent it to a local Freightliner who installed the new wires and everything was fine. I returned a few days later and they started acting up on the way home and I've been working on the issue on and off since then. On ours, if I startup and they don't work, I can turn on at least the park lights and all the gauges work. Sometimes they work without turning the lights on and if they quit driving down the road I just turn the lights on and the start working again. Very weird situation and maybe I'll figure it out down the road sometime when I have time.

I have a 2008 Fleetwood bounder diesel pusher and I am having the same problem. I changed the light bar in the dash a few years ago because my screen went blank. I am thinking that I maybe should change it again. The problem is that there are none available. Part # A06-62427-011.
Leary54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 06:11 AM   #13

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rconkin View Post

At first, just turning on the lights stopped the alarm on ours too. but then that fit working. We did replace four of the wires on the road, and that helped for a little while. yesterday, 2 hours from home, my husband stopped again and reversed one of the wires (not sure which one, I will have to ask), did a reset by taking out the main plugs (again I am sorry, I will have to ask him for the technical terms but he is still sleeping) and it was quiet the rest of the way home,

Tags
dash, gauges, need help, wiring