Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-26-2008, 06:16 AM   #1

Mid Atlantic Campers
BEWARE, I had a very bad experiance at this Orlando FL "Oasis" service center. They greased up my interior, missed many grease fittings on my front end, over filled my engine oil, tried to over charge me on the oil capacity in my differential and could'nt even tell me how much oil my diff took until i showed them my owners manual. To top it all off, they didn't even have a trans funnel to refill the trans after a filter change, I finally loaned them mine. What an experiance, and to top it off we were in their service bay for over 7 hrs. After calming down for a day I call FCCC and the Service manager at the shop. After listening to my story and suggestions for his employee training I was offered a free oil service the next time back, yea right
Mr Freightliner, are you listening ?

2007 National RV Pacifica 36'
Jestme13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:16 AM   #2

Mid Atlantic Campers
BEWARE, I had a very bad experiance at this Orlando FL "Oasis" service center. They greased up my interior, missed many grease fittings on my front end, over filled my engine oil, tried to over charge me on the oil capacity in my differential and could'nt even tell me how much oil my diff took until i showed them my owners manual. To top it all off, they didn't even have a trans funnel to refill the trans after a filter change, I finally loaned them mine. What an experiance, and to top it off we were in their service bay for over 7 hrs. After calming down for a day I call FCCC and the Service manager at the shop. After listening to my story and suggestions for his employee training I was offered a free oil service the next time back, yea right
Mr Freightliner, are you listening ?

Old 02-26-2008, 07:29 AM   #3

Steve,

I was considering using them for some work I need to have done. Your story however is not unique. It seems to be an ongoing problem to get quality service at Freightliner in Orlando and many other OASIS certified shops.
I have heard many good things about Sterling Trucks in Tampa, so I'll try them for my service needs even though it adds an additional 150 miles to my drive to a dealer.

What upsets me is that Freightliner continues to allow Orlando Freightliner to be an OASIS dealer.

I am under the impression that (FCCC) doing very little to improve the OASIS situations at Freightliner dealers no matter the feed back provided by us the motor home owners.

They should look at how Cummins implemented their dealers network certified for motor home service. I have been nothing but impressed with them so far.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:22 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Steve - I had a similar experience with the Oasis shop in Fort Myers. They charged me for a secondary fuel filter that my engine didn't even have at the time. I've since had CAT install a secondary filter and primer pump. That was a couple of years ago and it'll be a LONG time before I go back. Glad to hear a good report on Tampa - will go there next year. Went to Gaffney last month. That was a great experience!
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 01:13 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We used the one at Lake City, they did a good job.
Old 02-26-2008, 04:18 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
Steve, sorry to here about your problems. Gaffney is the way to go if you can make it there they are great to deal with. Talk to you soon, Mike
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

The Cummins Coach Care facility in Ocala and also the one in Jacksonville have received favorable reviews from several people. They can do most any coach service - does not have to be a Cummins part or even an engine repair. They even do Workhorse gas chassis service.

I've bought parts ay Ocala and have talked with the service manager but haven't had any work done yet.
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #8

Mid Atlantic Campers
Well.......... I do believe Freightliner is paying attention to the surveys filed out on line. After filling out the survey this morning, in a matter of hours I recieved a message from the service manager at Orlando freightliner to call him back. I wonder what he wants I don't need this

And to think, all this because I missed my Gaffney appointment

Old 03-05-2008, 02:06 PM   #9

Mid Atlantic Campers
ATTENTION FREIGHTLINER OWNERS, Orlando Freightliner charges about twice the retail price for filters and fluids I am still trying to contact the dealership to question them about this possable billing mistake. More to come.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:24 PM   #10

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
We took our coach into Empire Truck Sales (Pensacola) the local Freightliner Oasis dealer in August 06 for warranty work. They told us they really didn't want to work on motorhomes. We haven't been back. I have an appointment in Gaffney on the 24th. I have heard nothing but good about them.
historyljc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #11

Freightliner likes to brag about having so many service facilities. However, if such a large number of them do poor work whats the benifit?
Old 03-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #12

I took my MH into Orlando Freightliner to trouble shoot my engine temperature gage. I was satisfied with the service. The tech took extra care to make sure the problem was the temperature gage and not wiring or the sender. He didn't want to recommend a $3200 replacement part without being sure of his diagnosis.

My only complaint, after going to CAT and Detroit-Allison, is that the shop could be cleaner. I had some soiling of my carpet but nothing a little spot cleaning won't fix.
2000 Country Coach Magna 40' Indulgence, CAT C10, #5892
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
phays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 10:38 PM   #13

Ford Super Duty Owner
Jayco Owners Club
When I bought my coach I had the dealer send it to them to fix the cruise control. The dealership had to pay (no typo) 6,000 Dollars and the cruise control to this day has worked once. I was with the coach on the last day of work and asked the tech to see the wiring diag. and he said he didnt have one. I suggested that he call King Cruise and get one. two hours later he had it... My question is why did they rack up 6k in T and M before getting the wiring diag and troubleshooting guide from King Cruise???? JMHO Beware
Old 01-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #14

Fleetwood Owners Club
The Cummins Coach Care facility in Ocala has done work on my MH & Onan generator.
Appointments are always at time made. Quick to find problem and fair charges for parts & labor.

I have had work done there 4 times in last 7 years. They are handy on my way North & back South every summer. Stop there to pick up filters etc.
Also a Allison shop right across the street to pick up those filters there.
Free electric & water hook ups for overnight.
Triker56 is offline   Reply With Quote