RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #1

Parking Brake warning light and beeper

2009 ALLEGRO RED 36 QSA FREIGHTLINER CHASSIS
4 SLIDES VIN 4UZAB2DT49CAM9582

1. PROBLEM: BRAKE LIGHT IS ON WITH AN AUDIBLE BEEPING WHILE DRIVING IN D OR R. LIGHT AND BEEPING ARE MOSTLY CONSTANT ALTHOUGH THEY GO AWAY AT TIMES FOR SHORT PERIODS. OTHER SYMPTOMS:

A. AT THE SAME TIME THAT THE BEEPING AND LIGHT ARE PRESENT, THE DRIVING LIGHTS DO NOT ILLUMINATE. THE HEAD LIGHTS DO ILLUMINATE WHEN SELECTED. AT TIMES THE CAMERA MONITOR WILL GO OUT AS IF POWER WERE REMOVED AND THE DRIVERS MAP LIGHT WILL NOT WORK WHEN THE CAMERA MONITOR IS OUT.
B. PASSENGER SIDE SLIDES PERIODICALLY (NOT ALWAYS) BLOW 2 OF THE 15AMP FUSES AT THE MOTOR FRONT PASSENGER SIDE OF THE COACH.
C. DRIVER SIDE SLIDES PERIODICALLY (NOT ALWAYS) WILL NOT EXTEND, IF I WAIT FOR A FEW MINUTES OR RECYCLE THE KEY TO THE ON POSITION A FEW TIMES, THE SLIDES WILL EXTEND AS NORMAL.
D. WHEN THE LEFT TURN SIGNAL IS ENGAGED, THE MONITOR WILL QUICKLY CYCLE FROM LEFT TO REAR VIEW AND THE LEFT RUNNING LIGHT WILL CYCLE ON AND OFF IN RHYTHM TO THE TURN SIGNAL CYCLE.

2. FIXES SO FAR: THE BRAKE PRESSURE SWITCH HAS BEEN REPLACED UNDER THE LEFT HAND CONSOLE IN THE COACH WITH NO AFFECT. THE SOLENOID IN THE POWER COMPARTMENT IN THE FRONT OF THE COACH ON THE DRIVERS SIDE HAS BEEN REPLACED WITH NO AFFECT.
3. Additional fix consists of replacing the HDLP MKR PANEL CONTROL Module in the dash PN 06-67947-000 with no affect.
Need some trouble shooting help, places to look for common wires or components.
rayjay7171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-23-2015, 11:27 AM   #2

National RV Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The ONLY thing I can think of that is common to all those problems is the MAIN Ground to chassis at the house battery bank. Check that and clean, sand, brush, grind and scrape to bright metal at the chassis connection. Rook

98 National Tradewinds 7370, powered by a 3126B 300HP CAT Turbo, Freightliner XC chassis
Rook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 12:12 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Lets focus on the Driving light/parking brake light/beeper problem first.

I think you have a Light control module as shown in the photo. Mine is in the electrical compartment Driver Side.

Looking at the photo, you can see the red/white wire. I have modified the circuit so that I can flash my driving lights while on the road.

The way this circuit works, is that the parking brake switch grounds the red/white wire. When the wire is grounded, the headlights are off (driving lights). This wire also connects to the LBCU. The LBCU looks at this wire, AND if you are in "Drive", it sounds the beeper because it thinks you want to move with the bake set.

The first thing to do is block your wheels, start the engine, and release the parking brake. Then measure the voltage on the red/white wire.
It should be 12v....but I bet it is 0v (grounded).

This will indicate the problem....then you have to trace the source.

Regards,

Dan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Light control module.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	344.6 KB
ID:	107772  

Tags
brake, light