Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Service in South Carolina

2005 Fleetwood Expedition, FLiner chassis, Cat 300, Allison tranni, 38N 35K miles. Dare I consider going from Mississippi to the Gaffney I think it is to get a engine and chassis check out. I think it is time for valve adj and coolant change. I would also want to have fluids, belts and filters changed. Thinking on going maybe in the spring. THis appears to be a hike to there but I could tie it in with other visits. I have heard good things about the service. Not sure on pricing but it seems all places are high. The locals don't work on a lot of RV's so this makes me a little nervous about what they don't know to check on for you. Also notice some school you can sign up for is that worth the time as well?? Tks for any input....glen
GlenB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-29-2011, 09:35 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Although I have not attended Club Freightliner, I have heard nothing but good. Be sure and join the Freightliner club as that is a 10% discount. My experience in Gaffney was very positive, however I only had chassis work done so can't say about engines. Getting an appointment is hard but if you show up they will work you in after a few days. There is a free campground at the facility which is located next to the junior college. Don't go to the plant which is several miles away.

Don
Grimesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
If you go there, then sign up for the "Camp Freightliner" to understand your chassis better,it's worth the $150 and then some. But be sure to check the
schedule. The teacher does a great job!
Siggy,
....and every one is entitled to my opinion!
siggyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:22 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Absolutely sign up for Camp Freightliner. My wife enjoyed it too.

I take my coach there each year for service. Labor rates are lower than in Orlando where we live. You can't go wrong with these great folks.
SVTotem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 11:30 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I am currently in Las Vegas and already making my plans to go there in Feb for my every other year service (or M 2 equivalent). I have attended Camp Freightliner twice (once there and once in Oregon). Not that I wouldn't benefit from another session I think I will pass this time. I will pop in and say hi to Mike if he is there. Before you go join the FCCC owners group. Major discount on parts AND labor. Also, February has a 10% discount too.

One note of caution. Once you go there you will not want to take your rig anyplace else as they will suffer by comparison. It happened to me when I had my M-3 done there and now I am driving across country. Of course Mardi Gras in Louisiana, Civil War battlefield tours and bourbon trail along with a trip to the Keys make the trip all that more worthwhile.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 12:08 PM   #6

Have never used them but Bay Diesel in Red Bay Al. gets high marks over on TRVN. Unless you just wanted to go to SC, should be closer for service only.
southland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Schedule Camp Freightliner class as Mike Cody is a great instructor and makes it interesting for both men and women. Have your service done while in class.

You will find the service top notch and the prices (after joining Freightliner club) very reasonable.

Charlie Tuit
02 Journey, 165,000 miles
XL-7 toad
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service