Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-19-2015, 12:42 PM   #1

Unknown Warning Light

I have a 2015 Dutch Star on a Freightliner chassis, just as I was pulling in to my site for the day I got a warning light on the dash that I can't find in my book. Best way I can describe it is a scissor jack
Name:   ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1442688061.274184.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  97.9 KB

Hopefully I uploaded the picture correctly, can anyone tell me what this is?
HWH Active Air Suspension 2014 Wrangler
DRL1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #2

Leveling jacks down? Check your hydraulic leveling jacks fluid level with the jacks retracted.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:24 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
Normally on a FCC the top row of indicators is for optional equipment warnings. I am going to go with it is a jacks down warning light, and put there by the coach manufacturer. Probably will not find anything in the chassis manual, probably need to look in the rig manufacturers to verify what it is.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:51 PM   #4

That makes sense as I do have a leak in on of my levelers, I will add more fluid before we leave on Tuesday. As always IRV come through. Thanks you!
Old 09-19-2015, 02:12 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The mfg. of the leveling jacks should have the information on that warning lamp, if it is not identified in the coach mfg manual or if it does not show it.
It should also explain the correct process to check and fill. I have found that the reservoir level sensor is pretty sensitive to having proper levels.
King Richard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:56 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRL1950 View Post
I have a 2015 Dutch Star on a Freightliner chassis, just as I was pulling in to my site for the day I got a warning light on the dash that I can't find in my book. Best way I can describe it is a scissor jackAttachment 107313

Hopefully I uploaded the picture correctly, can anyone tell me what this is?
Dave,
May I ask, what brand of leveling jacks do you have? And, whatever brand they are, is there an operators panel for them? If so, are all the warning lights and icons on that panel, along with all the operating buttons and switches? If they are, then would you see the "jacks down" warning in two places, on the panel and, the dash? That is if, that symbol on the dash is a jacks down warning.

One more question, when you use your jacks for leveling, is the ignition on? If so, do you see that icon or, symbol that you see now, also on?
Scott
Me, Karla and the Heidi character, (mini Schnauzer)!
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 05:49 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE UP View Post
Dave,
May I ask, what brand of leveling jacks do you have? And, whatever brand they are, is there an operators panel for them? If so, are all the warning lights and icons on that panel, along with all the operating buttons and switches? If they are, then would you see the "jacks down" warning in two places, on the panel and, the dash? That is if, that symbol on the dash is a jacks down warning.

One more question, when you use your jacks for leveling, is the ignition on? If so, do you see that icon or, symbol that you see now, also on?
Scott

I have an HWH 725 system with an operating panel on my left as I sit in the drivers seat. Other than the Excess Slope, Not in Park, and Travel Mode indicator there are no other warning lights. When the ignition turned on the scissors symbol comes up on the dash and I think that must be the indicator for low fluid, we will find out shortly as I will store the jacks and then manually check the level
Old 09-20-2015, 06:14 AM   #8

Thanks everybody the theory about hydraulic fluid for the levelers was correct, added about a quart and a half and the light went out and all is well for now. Have an appointment in a couple of weeks to address the leaks as well as a few other minor maiden voyage issues. Having come originally from big boats and now in to big motorhomes you certainly do become good a tinkering with all kinds of different systems! Never had a source like this when we did the boats though, you guys make me seem smart!

Tags
light