Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-19-2009, 09:00 PM   #1
JVJ

VIRGINIA TRUCK CENTER Harrisonburg VA

Just a heads up, if you are in search for a great Freightliner Service Center, that extends fantastic Customer Service beyond the normal standard of expectations. I highly recommend the Virginia Truck Center located at I-81 and exit 235. We found ourself in need of what we thought was going to me a major ordeal on our way from PA to TX earlier this week. We pulled in and talked to the service writer about having just taken deliver on a new RV and needing to get back to Texas before the major winter storm was to hit the area (as a rule, Texans don't like cold or snow). They worked us in ASAP and addressed the problem.
However by the time the work was finished it was late, cold and dark. I asked if there was an RV Park anywhere nearby that I could manage to find in the dark for an over night stay. They offered me a place on site if I needed, I am sure they could tell I was exhausted and flat worn out.
Then as luck would have it the following day just a few miles down the road another warning light and buzzer made itself known to us. We turn around and head back to Virginia Truck Center, where once again we were given priority attention and worked in very quick. Only this time a part would have to be ordered in over-night. So we were give the option of waiting or moving on. The service tech did a safety inspection to assure of no real problems to ease our mind should we choose to hit the road. Which we did, due to the Winter weather heading in the next day. The service writers gave me a print out of the original service report with the warranty report number so that once back home the part could be ordered ahead of time if it is not in stock. They also make sure to give me the locations and phone numbers of the two local Freightliner dealers.
I can't say enough about how well these fine folks treated us and put our mind to rest.
I don't know if all Freightliner service centers offer this kind of Customer Service, but the Virginia Truck Center sure sets a high standard to meet.
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-20-2009, 06:22 AM   #2

One of my neighbors in my seasonal campground is a mechanic there...I will let him know about your post the next time I see him.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #3
JVJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf7g View Post
One of my neighbors in my seasonal campground is a mechanic there...I will let him know about your post the next time I see him.
Please tell him how much we appreciated their EXCELLENT customer service. They are top notch people.

Happy Holidays,
JVJ is offline   Reply With Quote