Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Freightliner Motorhome Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-04-2021, 04:00 AM   #1

Where is the most RV friendly Freightliner dealer in Florida?

I've called around to several Freightliner Dealers in Florida. When I tell them I'm calling about a RV, They act as though They don't want to help me. I even asked one guy " If I were calling about a truck would you feel better", he responded with "Probably". And I get it. I worked for Kenworth trucks for 20 years. I would probably feel the same way if Kenworth build RV chassis's. There has to be a Freightliner dealership that is RV friendly. Anybody???
tompands is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-04-2021, 04:25 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompands View Post
I've called around to several Freightliner Dealers in Florida. When I tell them I'm calling about a RV, They act as though They don't want to help me. I even asked one guy " If I were calling about a truck would you feel better", he responded with "Probably". And I get it. I worked for Kenworth trucks for 20 years. I would probably feel the same way if Kenworth build RV chassis's. There has to be a Freightliner dealership that is RV friendly. Anybody???
Where in Florida ?

There is a Cummins shop in Ocala that works on RV's. Not a dealership though.
I know of an outstanding shop in northern Ohio if you happen to find yourself in that area. Mainline Trucking in Bedford, Ohio.

KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 05:41 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Four Star Freightliner in Midway. Had work done there myself.
Ranger Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
Where in Florida ?

There is a Cummins shop in Ocala that works on RV's. Not a dealership though.
I know of an outstanding shop in northern Ohio if you happen to find yourself in that area. Mainline Trucking in Bedford, Ohio.

Yeah, I should of said my area. I'm in central Fla. Orlando, Cocoa Beach area. I don't mind driving a short distance To a shop or even to a shop between here and North Carolina which is my main commute.
tompands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #5

Download the Freightliner app and find a Freightliner Oasis Shop. Plenty of them around you.
CZNEDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 06:47 PM   #6

Not sure what you want done, but I use Cummins in Ocala every year for service and have already scheduled my service for next April. Service managers name is John.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:31 PM   #7
Community Moderator

I used Southport truck group near Tampa. Not as good as Gaffney, SC but they seemed competent.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9716.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	177.3 KB
ID:	345132
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 08:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompands View Post
Yeah, I should of said my area. I'm in central Fla. Orlando, Cocoa Beach area. I don't mind driving a short distance To a shop or even to a shop between here and North Carolina which is my main commute.
You should go to Freightliner Custom Chassis in Gaffney, SC if you travel to NC. The service center is just up the road from where your coach chassis was born. If you call Freightliner help, that is where they answer the phone. I take my coach there every year for annual service. All they do is motorhomes. They have power hook ups in the parking area and a dump station, all at no cost while your coach is being serviced. Also look into Camp Freightliner. Great two day class.

Took mine to an Oasis dealer one time because I had to. The shop rate was $135/hr. for trucks. $175/hr. for motorhomes. I understand that motorhomes are harder to get to the engine bay, but they are still getting paid by the hour.
Old 10-20-2021, 03:47 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettenuts View Post
Not sure what you want done, but I use Cummins in Ocala every year for service and have already scheduled my service for next April. Service managers name is John.
Vettenuts; Does the Cummins shop have electric for a full-timer to stay overnight before their appt? Also can you dm me with their price for the annual service? I'd be interested in having my annual service there in Feb or Mar
Nildecaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:11 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nildecaf View Post
Vettenuts; Does the Cummins shop have electric for a full-timer to stay overnight before their appt? Also can you dm me with their price for the annual service? I'd be interested in having my annual service there in Feb or Mar

I'm not Vettenuts, but I can answer the question. Yes, they do have water and electric hookups with both 30 and 50 amp in their little customer campground. It's not a bad place to stay overnight, and some sites even have grass patios and pads. I made an appointment a couple of days ago, and they are booked up through mid-December.
Old 10-21-2021, 06:04 AM   #11

I'm not sure what they get for a full annual service, I have them do the work I don't want to do like fuel filters, coolant change, etc. I do my own oil and lube and service the generator myself.

As stated, they do have power and I believe water. Very nice staying there, we met a couple last year who were full time and had a major issue. They had been there over a week waiting for parts. They seemed to be enjoying themselves with their coach set up under a tree, awnings out, etc.
vettenuts is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
dealer, florida