Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > REGIONAL CHAPTERS, CAMPOUTS & RALLIES > Southeast Region > Coastal Campers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #29

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdq_bc View Post
Camping man; I was initial excited - then found out the group is for those "...who live within 75/100 miles of the eastern coastline from Florida to Virginia."

regards, peter
pdq, Shhhhhhh.................... Don't tell. If they find out there are better beaches north of Virginia they'll take our spot under the umbrella!

We have a camp on the lake, but I forgot the name of it()
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2010, 02:22 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyR View Post
Just joined the club.
We live in Charleston, SC. Not much more "coastal" than that.
Ricky, Charleston is one of my very favorite destinations. Often described as the "jewel" of the south, I would not disagree with that and I always look forward to retuning to Charleston. The last restaurant we ate at as a group was the Hominy Grill and we unanimously had the "Shrimp & Grits" which was outstanding.

Johns Island's "Angel Oak" is almost reverent and breathtaking. These things are just not seen anywhere else.

The James Island County Park was our destination early into 2010 for a Regional campout. Next year if we can arrange it, I would like to see the "Coastal Campers" put a camping event together either at JI or in the vicinity. Our group toured Patriot's Point and we also went for the harbor cruise. We had previously been out to Fort Sumter and Rainbow Row is always a great historical walk back in time.

I found that the Visitor's Center allowed us to get on a tour mini-bus we we got to see a lot of stuff in a short period of time. The Citadel, earth quake damage, The Market, Revolutionary War times, She Crab Soup, the Monitor and on and on! Always changing and never boring Charleston is on our must do list of things on an annual basis.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:38 PM   #31

Coastal Campers
Thanks, We love it here.
We live about 3 miles from the JI county park, so whenever y'all are here, we need to do a meet and greet.

Ricky
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 03:04 PM   #32

Appalachian Campers
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Thanks, We love it here.
We live about 3 miles from the JI county park, so whenever y'all are here, we need to do a meet and greet.

Ricky
RickyR,where were you when we had our spring rally at JI April 29 and when some of us camped there Oct.14-18 after the Myrtle Beach reunion rally?? Ah ok,you are excused,I see you just joined! We will be there again,maybe we'll see you then!
diandtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 06:53 PM   #33

Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by diandtom View Post
RickyR,where were you when we had our spring rally at JI April 29 and when some of us camped there Oct.14-18 after the Myrtle Beach reunion rally?? Ah ok,you are excused,I see you just joined! We will be there again,maybe we'll see you then!

Yes,
Just joined.. We just got our first RV last month, so maybe next year.
Hopefully we can find some time to enjoy our new toy in the next few months and years.
When's the next get together?
RickyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 08:46 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
When's the next get together?
About that let me say this ..... "When are you going to put it together?"

All it takes is the want!
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:29 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
How did I miss this group all the times I've been here? Just found it and just joined. We are new RVers having just bought our first Winnebago in December. So excited to get out there! Hope to meet some of you along the way!
Starfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 07:06 AM   #36

Newmar Owners Club
Starfire5,

Welcome to the group! Being located in the center of FL puts you near many rving adventure locations. Enjoy!
Brigadoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 AM   #37
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Starfire5,

First let me say I am not trying to take you away from this group! However I just wanted to make sure you know there is also the Florida Cooters Group, you can belong or just camp with any group on the site, and as you can see from me I do,LOL!! I know it is far off but some of the Cooters are doing an outing in Dec at Stephen Foster Campground!

Remember All: Live,Laugh & Enjoy !!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 05:49 AM   #38

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Hey AL,

Thanks for the invite! I'll check it out! Sounds like fun - we're trying to find a group to hang out with it. We're new to all this, so we're still learning. Thanks for the heads up!
Starfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #39

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Just checked out the web site for James Island County Park. It looks beautiful! Too late this year but if anything gets planned on either end of our snowbird trip next winter it sounds like fun. We go south end of Oct to early Nov and back north sometime in April.

Right now we are on the return and staying at Ft. Clinch SP on Amelia Island. On the coast of course. Very nice park. No 50 amps though. The river CG won't fit big rigs but the Ocean sites can do 40' NP. There are sand dunes between the sites and ocean but you can see it from most easily and it is a pleasant short walk.
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 08:13 AM   #40
AL

Florida Cooters Club
Nor'easters Club
Solo Rvers Club
Appalachian Campers
Mid Atlantic Campers
Hi All,

Hey Starfire5,

No problem at all, passing on info and helping each other is one of the best things about this site!! Glad I could be of some help!

Rember ALL: Live,Laugh & Enjoy !!!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 07:16 AM   #41

Florida Cooters Club
Coastal Campers
Send a message via Yahoo to zenkayaker Send a message via Skype™ to zenkayaker
hello all !!!! I am just now "getting away",to the full-timer-status,and will be moving to the ORIENTAL nc area in mid sept!!!! I have a 1971 AVION t-28 pulled by a 1993 f-150 4x4 auto w/coolers and HD springs.thanks for letting me in the group.I try to get to JAMES ISLAND yearly for the kayak&canoe symposium there,only pre-empted by the annual SEA food festival[can't leave that out ].anyway thanks,and I will have questions !!!! "enjoy your days,and,remember your nites" "the only EASYDAY,was,YESTERDAY"
zenkayaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #42

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Welcome to iRv2. Love the Oriental area. Enjoy Eastern NC and all it offers
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beach, coastal campers, leisure, shore, surf and sand