Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-08-2018, 07:51 PM   #1

4th slide

Even though we have a order in place we have time for changes and the only thing we are wishy washy on is if we want the 4th slide in the bedroom.
As it stands now we only have 1 slide in the design to get the little extra storage it provides and what was more important we were trying to save weight so we could go with as small a truck as possible.
Well we have pretty much we used on a Ram 5500 so the little extra weight that would come with the slide really will not matter so we are are pondering.
Plus we will have far more storage than we have in our current motor home so that really is a none issue as well.
What are your feelings on the 4th slide to get a little extra floor space?
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-08-2018, 09:33 PM   #2

New Horizons Owners Club
HDRider,

You should make your own choice on this option. I can only offer my own experience.

My wife and I had the vanity slide in our 2013 DRV Elite Suites. (Slade did all the maintenance and repairs on it.) We made our decision on the following: We stood side-by-side between the bed and the mid-TV location in the Elite Suites. We found that we did not have enough room to pass side-by-side without rotating our shoulders. Note: The ES vanity slide does have an incline bed-ward tilt on the top, so there is not as much passage room at shoulder height as at waist height down. We then went into two Majestics, one with a vanity slide and one without. There was more room in both Majestics than in our Elite Suites.

Based upon the results, we opted for no vanity slide. Less weight, less money, more storage, and more room than our ES! How much room for how much time is needed at the foot of the bed? After 5 months, we are still very satisfied with our decision. And . . . there is still an empty drawer in the vanity!

Just my two cents,
Ron
geo-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:08 AM   #3

We struggled with the 2nd bedroom slide decision also. Ultimately what tipped us against it was:

1) I didn't want to keep ducking under the slide to get things in and out of the basement.
2) We wanted a full length awning for happy hour visitors and didn't want awning space taken up by the slide.
3) We have been in some tight camp sites where the truck is parked directly next to the bedroom window and the slide would cramp that space even further.
4) If I remember correctly the extra weight was about 400 lbs, all on the pin.

The extra bedroom space would have been nice, but we're still happy with our decision.
Burrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:04 AM   #4

4th slide

The slide will reduce the size of your bedroom dresser draws by a foot or so but will increase floor space. It's a personal decision.
mjdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #5

I too chose not to go with the 2nd bedroom slide. I find even with a stationary 40" TV as part of the vanity, I have great storage and ample room in front of my residential king size bed to move around.

I agree as well with the above posts, especially basement storage access & awning, etc.

Ron F
Old 09-09-2018, 10:34 PM   #6

New Horizons Owners Club
We opted for more storage space and we seem to have plenty of floor space without the vanity slide.
CDWatkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 07:11 AM   #7

Thanks for the comments. I read them to Diane as they came in and she was nodding "yup" each time and saying we were probably on track by not going with the 4th slide.
We do have the 4th slide in our bedroom in our current motorhome and are used to the extra floor space but we also have a full rear bath which is also where the washer drier is located so we walk through our bedroom more often than we will need to in the NH floorplan we picked.
Not ducking to get into the storage area, being ale to have more awning space and the parking comments are all important things to think about and I guess will win for us as well.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 09:51 PM   #8

I added the forth slide because of my layout. The floor plan of my bedroom model has a washer and dryer against the front passenger side which, by the original NH floor plan, would have been at an angle in the corner taking up a good part of the closet. By adding the 4th slide, my laundry now sits square adding a good foot or more to my closet. Just another thing for future buyers to think about.
CowboyFrank is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide