Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-25-2020, 10:45 AM   #1

New Horizons Owners Club
Dead Forum??

This forum seems to have rolled over and died. Just because most of us are sitting around waiting to go back to the real world doesn't mean there's nothing to post. Will have to come up with something to get a discussion going.
Hans45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-25-2020, 10:50 AM   #2

Are you referring to the entire iRV2 forum or just the New Horizons section? There is plenty going on in all of the other sections.
2006 Fleetwood Discovery 35H, 2014 Honda CR-V, M&G Engineering Braking System
Bigd9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 07:02 PM   #3

New Horizons Owners Club
Hans -

Nope. Forum alive and well. Just not much to say. One might say that "one problem here" is that owners of New Horizons RVs are a small group. After all, since 1997, New Horizons has only produced 15 to 40 fifth wheels a year! So we New Horizons Owners are a very small group. Just look at past threads on this group and it is not unusual to find more non-New Horizons owners posting to a thread than NH owners! Besides this, there are two Facebook groups for New Horizons owners "competing" with this forum. Some NH owners on this forum are also on one or both of the Facebook groups. Other NH owners are only on this forum. (And, others are only on the Facebook groups and might not even know about this forum.) So, you have a variety of scenarios here!

So . . . off to the News!

For the first time in its history, Calgary Stampede has been cancelled! There was a group of New Horizon owners who were going to meet in Calgary to attend Stampede . . . and now we are not.

The New Horizons Owners' Group Rally is still a "Go" for September! Rally planning continues! And we will be off to Creede in a couple of weeks to continue rally planning in person.

Just my two cents,
Ron
geo-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:18 AM   #4

That's to bad about the Stampede, a lot of you were looking forward to that.
And here's to hoping the Rally can live on. I'd be curious to how many that planned to attend have changed their plans? At this point we are still in even though the route we had planned for the summer that was going to spit us out by Creede has changed a bunch.
HDrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:25 AM   #5

Most of use see all the forums. There are 50 post just This morning on the first page. You need to expand your horizons.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:17 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Most of use see all the forums. There are 50 post just This morning on the first page. You need to expand your horizons.
Why not just have one good open forum that even non owners could access. I think it would be good for the NH brand. Newell builds about 30 coaches a year. They have a very active forum called newellgurus.
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 10:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadej View Post
Why not just have one good open forum that even non owners could access. I think it would be good for the NH brand. Newell builds about 30 coaches a year. They have a very active forum called newellgurus.
I argued that case when I was on the outside looking in and researching new 5th wheels. Ultimately I do most of my posting and find most activity on the Following New Horizon's Facebook page that is just for owners.
Old 04-26-2020, 12:31 PM   #8

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDrider View Post
That's to bad about the Stampede, a lot of you were looking forward to that.
And here's to hoping the Rally can live on. I'd be curious to how many that planned to attend have changed their plans? At this point we are still in even though the route we had planned for the summer that was going to spit us out by Creede has changed a bunch.
Dave -

So far, I have received no cancellations on the registrations I have received (about 20). I also know from Mountain Views RV that around 2/3 of our blocked 50 spaces have been reserved. It is good that the rally is still a little more than four months away. The rally plans are continuing and constantly being worked. I will admit, I have been in contact with two of the past rally masters and have had discussions for "Plan B", "Plan C", etc. I cannot foretell what the next 4 months will bring, but we are making plans for a safe rally gathering. I would like to encourage you and others to send in your rally registrations.

Just my two cents,
Ron
geo-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:31 PM   #9

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by geo-gypsy View Post
Hans -

Nope. Forum alive and well. Just not much to say. One might say that "one problem here" is that owners of New Horizons RVs are a small group. After all, since 1997, New Horizons has only produced 15 to 40 fifth wheels a year! So we New Horizons Owners are a very small group. Just look at past threads on this group and it is not unusual to find more non-New Horizons owners posting to a thread than NH owners! Besides this, there are two Facebook groups for New Horizons owners "competing" with this forum. Some NH owners on this forum are also on one or both of the Facebook groups. Other NH owners are only on this forum. (And, others are only on the Facebook groups and might not even know about this forum.) So, you have a variety of scenarios here!

So . . . off to the News!

For the first time in its history, Calgary Stampede has been cancelled! There was a group of New Horizon owners who were going to meet in Calgary to attend Stampede . . . and now we are not.

The New Horizons Owners' Group Rally is still a "Go" for September! Rally planning continues! And we will be off to Creede in a couple of weeks to continue rally planning in person.

Just my two cents,
Ron
Good luck on your trip to Creede. Sounds like things may begin to ease up in a couple of weeks. I'll be heading out from my winter home in Kerrvile back to Colorado in two weeks and I see other antsie folks also beginning to head out.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:34 PM   #10

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
I was referring just to this NH forum. My horizons are very well expanded, thank-you, and receive notifications whenever something new is posted anywhere on iRV2.
Old 04-26-2020, 01:38 PM   #11

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigd9 View Post
Are you referring to the entire iRV2 forum or just the New Horizons section? There is plenty going on in all of the other sections.
Just the NH forum. Ahhh, but see all the comments I've had generated? Good to know folks are still alive!

Stay safe.
Old 04-26-2020, 03:10 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans45 View Post
Just the NH forum. Ahhh, but see all the comments I've had generated? Good to know folks are still alive!

Stay safe.
Yup, good job shaking the tree, or poking the nest, or stirring the pot, however ya want to say it LOL!!!
I think with temps reaching 106 where we are this week we are starting to get a little hitch itch but I think we will stay put 1 more month, or close to it anyway even though Colorado and some cooler temps sound darn good. But testing the insulation in this rig in the hotter temps might be fun as well LOL!!! We will report on that just for something to talk about on the forum just for you Hans!!!

Tags
forum