Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-17-2021, 07:34 PM   #1

Ductless mini splits

We are seriously looking at our next RV purchase to be a NH. We would like to get feedback from any NH owner that opted for the ductless mini split system in their Majestic. Good? Bad? Problems? Really any input would be helpful.

Thanks.
kvonfeldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-17-2021, 09:41 PM   #2

Lots of videos on YouTube
Old 07-19-2021, 08:02 AM   #3

Ken, I don't pick my Majestic up until next month but went with the LG mini split systems. I've been in multiple NH coaches with the mini split. They are as close to a silent system as you can get. Owner's I've talked to are equally enthusiastic.

I went with three cassettes rather than the standard 2. System is 30,000 btu so 3 - 9,000btu cassettes really utilize the full power available. I've heard that at least one buyer, maybe Jack Mayer, did a 9,000 & 12,000 cassette.

Only caveat is that requires a 50amp, 240v hookup or generator since it is a 240 split phase system. You can't hook up to 30amp or 20amp power since those are don't provide split phase power. You could add a Victron AutoTransformer to get to split phase. If you are planning to do solar you can also setup a solar system for split phase using two Victron Inverters or a single Inverter with an AutoTransformer.

On the plus side they will provide heat down to about 10 degrees vs the typical 40 degree threshold of the standard air conditioner/heat pump.

The mini split is uses something like 1500-2000 watts of power in normal operation. See the YouTube's from Ben Goodwin, Tis The Destiny channel, where he talks about his solar system. You can see some of the Victron data graphs he shows to see the power draw while the mini split are running.
ghaynes754 is offline   Reply With Quote