Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-23-2021, 05:53 AM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
I couldn't find if i typod 17k or not. There std rear 4 cylinders are only rated for 7.5k.
That would be 30k lift in the rear plus the front 24ks
the 7.5k might be sufficient enough but I'm not a fan of spindly cylinders that wobble and leak off
Bee
You simply don't want to lift a LCI frame. It's not strong enough. Also read the warranty very carefully.
mjdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-23-2021, 06:20 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdenn View Post
Bee
You simply don't want to lift a LCI frame. It's not strong enough. Also read the warranty very carefully.
I do agree with you. Im not one of those people that will set up at level with my wheels off the ground, that drives me crazy how people abuise there stuff unnecessarily. I will still continue to do as i do now. When i pull onto a site i will throw a quick eye ball on my side to side level gauge and if it bad enough to require a board, then ill throw down a 2x8 or 2 to aid in the process. I hate the suspension and frame hanging, very unnecessary.
99% of the time we stay in resorts only with concrete level sites, so additional leveling is highly uncommon for us.
The only reason why i would ever intentionally lift wheels off the ground would be for an emergency tire change.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 07:23 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billett Bee View Post
So again you nh folks, yes we all know your rigs are better than our luxe units, but im sure someone will still jump on bashing something about luxe and saying how great nh is, so i think I've already done that for you.
Lol
I don't think anyone was bashing Luxe, they make a great product. You asked the question "Why is NH $100k more than a Luxe". So people were answering that.

Everybody has their own value proposition for a particular product and whether its worth the price or not.

I commend you on doing your homework and making a logical decision based on your own wants, needs, and situation. You will be very happy with your purchase!
Burrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 10:32 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrington View Post
I don't think anyone was bashing Luxe, they make a great product. You asked the question "Why is NH $100k more than a Luxe". So people were answering that.

Everybody has their own value proposition for a particular product and whether its worth the price or not.

I commend you on doing your homework and making a logical decision based on your own wants, needs, and situation. You will be very happy with your purchase!
Th for your support. . I totally forgot about the premise of my original question, thanks for geting me back on track.
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & building a Luxe 48fb w/ side patio.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
horizon, new owner