Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #1

New Used owners

Hello everyone,
We are now the proud owners of a good used 2006 New Horizons 31 footer. We found this unit sitting on a lot in Southern Missouri and since it was driving distance from our home in Southern Iowa we decided to go for it. We feel like we got a great deal and plan on taking immaculate care of our new fun on wheels.

We aren't quite ready for retirement yet, but this unit will serve us well. We are very happy to have found such a quality unit for such a great price! I have known about New Horizons for at least 10 years, thanks to the RV Consumers group, but didn't think I would ever own one until I was ready for retirement.

We traded in our Salem 5th wheel and the difference in quality is astounding. We have already contacted the factory and let them know we are the new owners of unit #693. They were very helpful and are going to send us manuals, build sheets, etc.

We are excited to be part of the group!

Kevin and Donna
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-07-2012, 07:34 AM   #2

You will like this place. I'm glad you like your new ride. There's a lot to know and learn. You will get there.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Nor'easters Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
It looks like you are going to enjoy your new unit. You'll be glad that you didn't have to wait for retirement to get it. Now go out and enjoy. Many trouble free and safe miles.
US Navy Vet.
Bruce C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 08:15 AM   #4

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new used RV...
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:01 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations and welcome!
Sohapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 02:47 PM   #6

New Horizons Owners Club
Welcome to New Horizon. These rigs are amazingly well built.

Mark on your calendar for our rally next year.

Although no official notice has been put out. I have it on good authority that it will be at the Buckhorn Lake RV Resort in Kerrville, Texas April 29 through May 3, 2013. The Bluebonnets should be in full bloom. We usually have approaching 30 rigs at these things, and no two are alike.
chaunclm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 06:05 AM   #7

Kevin and Donna let me add my welcome to that of others.
I, too, would encourage you to put the NHOG Rally on your calendar for 2013. You will have a chance to meet some great people who are traveling around in very special New Horizons products.

Hope to see you there!
mwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:25 AM   #8

All,
Thanks for the warm welcome. We will definitely see what we can do about making the rally next year!!

Kevin and Donna
Old 06-18-2012, 12:09 PM   #9

That's nice that the manufacturer is sending you spec sheets on the unit.
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #10

Smile Wanting new owner for a F31RLSSS

Hi Folks, if there is anyone out there looking for a great deal on a barely used 31 foot unit, I would like for you to see my fifth wheel trailer. I posted an ad in the classifieds here. I am anxious to sell as I have found a newer model that I want to upgrade to. I will make you a great deal on the trailer and if you need a truck, I can let it go too for a sweet package deal. Just look for it under New Horizons in the classified.
Thanks, Brad
BradArch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:37 AM   #11

Location: I travel this great country working on refineries and industrial plants.
How do I find the classified adds on my iPhone app?? No luck so far, thank you, Chuck
Old 04-26-2014, 04:31 PM   #12

New Horizons Owners Club
Welcome to the New Horizons family. We are only 50% retired (Gary isn't, I am) but have managed to spend many happy hours
Junewall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 04:38 PM   #13

New Horizons Owners Club
Oops. Hit wrong button! To finish. .....many happy days in our rig. We lived in it in our driveway for 7 mos. while the interior of our house was gutted and remodeled, so we've had a taste of full-timing.

We love the rallies. Don't think we've ever laughed so hard for so long as we did at Kerrville last spring. This year's rally is almost in your backyard. Maybe you could come to Amana for a couple of days and get your feet wet!

Look forward to meeting you.

Gary and June Wall
Junewall is offline   Reply With Quote