Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2022, 03:38 PM   #1

New Horizons Owners Club
Open Ground

I have an error code on my 2011 NH Majestic progressive industries built-in surge protector (E2).

I am plugged into my garage.

I think this may be why some things are not working properly:
1) I wasn't able to pull slides in until I plugged into my truck
2) the BigFoot Leveling System won't retract (but jacks will go down further)
3) fridge was acting funny
4) lights in the living area blink on and off

Help! What do I check for? Where is ground in the Majestics? I do have an RV tech coming on Monday... but I'd like to see if I can clear this up before then.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-28-2022, 05:16 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
How old is you garage? It may be the problem.

Are you using an extension cord?
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:22 PM   #3

If the PI EMS sees an open ground it won't connect unless you bypass it (mine has a bypass switch). Since it won't connect and your symptoms point to no 12 volt power my guess is that your house batteries are near dead and if the EMS is not letting power thru then your converter/charger is not giving you 12 volts or charging the batteries so your slides won't work and your lights will dim. Fridge also needs 12 volts to the circuit board to run on any source.

You really have 2 problems, dead batteries and no 120 volt power coming in due to PI EMS locking it out because of the open ground. The open ground has to be upstream of the PI otherwise it wouldn't see it.

So try checking/charging the house batteries and plug in somewhere that is grounded, if you keep getting the E2 the open ground is likely in your cord. No need for a mobil repair, this is a simple fix and hopefully your house batteries are able to recover.
bigb56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 05:27 PM   #4

New Horizons Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacysu View Post
I have an error code on my 2011 NH Majestic progressive industries built-in surge protector (E2).

I am plugged into my garage.

I think this may be why some things are not working properly:
1) I wasn't able to pull slides in until I plugged into my truck
2) the BigFoot Leveling System won't retract (but jacks will go down further)
3) fridge was acting funny
4) lights in the living area blink on and off

Help! What do I check for? Where is ground in the Majestics? I do have an RV tech coming on Monday... but I'd like to see if I can clear this up before then.

Thanks for any help you can throw my way.
Stacey -

Check your ground in your garage. It is likely that your garage outlet has an open ground. That is what your Progressive Industries Surge Protector is telling you. It may not a problem with the Majestic, it is a problem with the power in your garage. The surge protector is preventing the shore power from entering the Majestic (so the converter is not receiving power). Call an electrician to check the garage power. Now, for the other problems you describe, maybe the RV technician can find the source. Your described problems all deal with the 12VDC electrical system, not the 125VAC shore power. How old are your batteries? Have you run the batteries down because they are not getting charged?

Just my two cents,
Ron
geo-gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote