Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #1

New Horizons Owners Club
Quick Connect Propane

My 2012 New Horizon rig came with an auxilary propane connection. It is a pipe that goes from the low pressure side of the propane system to the curb-side and sticks out just a little bit so you can operate the quick connect collar.

My question to you folks is, if you have one of these, where did you get a hose with a male quick connect on one end and a right-hand threaded inverted flare on the other end?

And i am guessing you probably had to switch out the regulator on your grill to just a valve or something since the gas is already low pressure. Yes?
jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #2

New Horizons Owners Club
Source for propane parts

Hello:

Although our NH did not come with an auxiliary propane connection, I needed some propane connections to use my portable grill. My suggestion is that you locate a propane dealer in your area that sells propane tanks and accessories. The two businesses I went to had all kinds of fittings and they made me some custom hoses with the fittings I needed at very reasonable prices. Try calling first and just ask if they can set you up with the parts you need. If I were you, I would avoid camping stores, since they are generally much more expensive and you probably won't get exactly what you want. Good Luck! P.S. As the rallymasters for the 2013 New Horizon Rally, my wife and I would like to invite you to our rally being held in Kerrville, Texas from April 29th - May 4th. Information on the rally is contained in this post.
Tim & Carolyn #563
tpelzek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:38 PM   #3

iRV2 No Limits Club
My situation is a bit different as I had to run a line to a gas point but the outcome is the same. I went to a local barbeque place and had them make up an eight foot hose to the grill and an LP quick disconnect at one end and the matching male at other end of the hose. I then had a short length of hose with the male fitting made up to come from the grill. As you guessed the regulator stayed on the 5# bottle at home and, a separate hose so the grill can be used at home.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #4

New Horizons Owners Club
Thanks for the quick replies guys. I had looked at some custom hose shops but was wondering if I was making something harder than I needed to. Just maybe there was something out there already. But it is looking like that is not the case.

Thanks for the invite to the rally. It is one I would really like to attend and as a bonus it is in a place I really like. However it is not to be this time. My retirement date will not have come by April so I will still be a cube dweller in April. We will be in Junction City in July though. It is time to have a few 'warranty tweaks' on the rig. So we will be 'rallying' with others there for factory work or picking up their new rigs.
jperry29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane