Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-02-2021, 11:19 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul R. Haller View Post
Billett Bee, the RF18 I installed in January 2018 so 3 years and perhaps 15,000 miles. No problems at all although I did address the water under the crisper drawers before I experienced that problem. The RF 18 uses a heating element to defrost the refer coils and the water drains into a pan behind the refer rear interior panel that is accessible. The drain from that pan drains to a tray below the pump beneath the refer and evaporates. Unfortunately, the drain behind the back interior of the fridge gets clogged with ice because Samsung uses too short a bracket that transfers heat into the drain. They make a longer bracket now and should be installed but Samsung wonít do it for free even though their own fix is a longer heat transfer bracket that hangs down in the drain further to transfer heat into the drain. You can read about the fix. All parts are available through amazon and elsewhere for about 20$ and about an hour of labor. Real easy fix. If unsure how to do it, look on you tube for Samsung water under crisper drawers. They also want the drain tubes replaced behind the fridge that have larger drain openings so if any crud gets into the drain tube it will not clog.
I have been very happy with that new fridge despite its problems and itís bolted to the floor of the slide out both front and back as well as custom brackets securing the top of the fridge to the ceiling of the slide out. Itís not going anywhere and I did not have to remove the doors to get it inside the RV and around the kitchen island but I did have some cabinet work to do to make room for it to fit in its nook. Itís the best modification I have made in the trailer besides the kitchen remodel. I bought the refer on sale from Home Depot for 800 but because of tariff wars put in place under the last administration, itís up to $1250 despite its being manufactured in South Korea. Best of luck, Paul R. Haller
Very nice Paul. We have owned Samsung's for as long as I can remember and for us they are a farther superior product than most other appliances,
I just wondered how it would hold up bouncing around. Maybe we can get an appliance allowance and just do all samsuiiees
20 ram 3500 ho hd drw Laramie Cummins/aisin w/410 & auto level air suspension with max tow . BILLET silver sport ext. w/ black int. with 12" monitor with all safety features, camera , & luxuries. Full timers & ordering a 48fb w/ side patio luxe.
Billett Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2021, 07:31 AM   #30
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
https://www.amazon.com/Nite-Ize-Orig...05899700&psc=1

Gear Ties are fantastic. We use them on the refer and cabinets that like to come open during fun trips on our smooth roads.

The wife puts some small pillows in some of the cabinets with heavy dishes and of course uses the refer spring loaded rods inside when traveling.

To add to the sound comfort we have felt type snow flake shaped pads that sit between pots and pans.

Rolled up area rugs keep other cabinets in place.

No modification required on refer and no danger of damage with the Gear Ties. They are not cheap but sure do a great job.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 08:25 AM   #31

As shown in previous post I too use this setup, works great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200606_131118.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	316855  
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:59 AM   #32

+1 on the fridge fixer. If you order one they have a model specifically for the Samsung.
mjdenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 10:19 AM   #33

We ordered a Kitchen Aid refrigerator on our 2020 Majestic and installed the fridge fixer lock for it . Great product and installs easy.
cwall59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 11:21 AM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
+1 on recubed fridge fixer. We put them on when our OEM snaps broke. 6 months now full time. Work great
Nildecaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, fridge