Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2018, 06:21 AM   #1

Residential Fridge door locks?

In the process of taking delivery of our NH Majestic. Things are going well and the good folks at NH are working through all the small touch up items for us. We expect to stay on site a few more days as we prepare to head home Sat am.

Can any of you share the fridge door locks you are using.

Thanks
gregk is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2018, 09:04 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk View Post
In the process of taking delivery of our NH Majestic. Things are going well and the good folks at NH are working through all the small touch up items for us. We expect to stay on site a few more days as we prepare to head home Sat am.

Thanks
Hi Greg. I know you are in the middle of an exciting time right now. I've been following your progress from the beginning and when you have time would like to ask you some questions either on the phone or by PM. My wife and I are new to the RV world and have already purchased a Ford f450. We spent a lot of time with Bryan and Cole at the Tampa RV show and are very interested in the NH, although we are also considering the Luxe. Btw, which truck did you eventually go with? I have questions, probably very similar to the ones you had initially, that I would like to ask of a NH owner for personal perspective as opposed to the factory perspective. Thanks and Gayle and I wish you the best with your new Majestic. That is one beautiful fifth wheel.
shill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregk View Post

Thanks

https://www.recubed.solutions/

Great frig lock.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:21 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Ball bungee cord around the handles... Simple, cheap, effective.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 02:31 PM   #5

Search rv refrigerator locks. We use this one works great
Attached Images

Old 02-02-2018, 07:12 AM   #6

A strip of Velcro looped thu the handles. Cheap and effective. [emoji846]
Hookin_Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:57 PM   #7

Country Coach Owners Club
I would think that if the residential refer came in a new coach, some kind of door lock would be installed at the factory
Old 02-02-2018, 09:50 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
I would think that if the residential refer came in a new coach, some kind of door lock would be installed at the factory
Nope.
MikeO58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:29 AM   #9

Thanks for the replies. Will use Velcro fro the trip home and then figure out long term fix.
gregk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 04:42 AM   #10

WE tried just Velcro with our side-by-side and the doors could still open a bit. We would up sticking an appropriate sized book through the handles with the Velcro.

Remember the door handles are designed for pulling, not lateral loads like the Velcro forces.
Lots of RV Information at www.dmbruss.com
Dale & Mark Bruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 05:31 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post

I don't use one of these because I came up with my own lock for for my rf18, but I think the Fridge Fixer is the best looking product I've seen on the market for a three door design.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:40 AM   #12

This is what we have. it's a strong clip that is adjustable. Never had an issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1517661611591.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	191000  
Old 02-03-2018, 07:13 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Residential Fridge door locks?

I too use a Velcro strap with no issues and use this for the bottom freezer on the RF18.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shill View Post
Hi Greg. I know you are in the middle of an exciting time right now. I've been following your progress from the beginning and when you have time would like to ask you some questions either on the phone or by PM. My wife and I are new to the RV world and have already purchased a Ford f450. We spent a lot of time with Bryan and Cole at the Tampa RV show and are very interested in the NH, although we are also considering the Luxe. Btw, which truck did you eventually go with? I have questions, probably very similar to the ones you had initially, that I would like to ask of a NH owner for personal perspective as opposed to the factory perspective. Thanks and Gayle and I wish you the best with your new Majestic. That is one beautiful fifth wheel.

For me, it was between the Luxe and Majestic too. I went w NH. If you have questions, that aren’t super technical, PM me. I have not regretted my decision since I got my NH last May. I am a solo woman RV full timer. I have it set up for full Zombie apocalypse. Solar, lots of AGM batteries and a kick butt water filtration system. 3 axles on 35’ w H rated tires.
svaya is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, fridge