Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > New Horizons Owners Forum and NHOG
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #1

Time to abandon this forum!

It doesn't take a whole lot of effort on my part to maintain it. Since there is little activity, there isn't anything to do. However, it does require a periodic visit to make sure there hasn't been some spamming.

Most of the Forum entries are in the technical category. Most of the questions are general enough in nature that in most cases they can be answered by the multitude of respondents at the other internet RV Forum sites. Considering the size of the New Horizons owners population and with the few of those that actually visit the Forum, the posed questions frequently go unanswered. So the question becomes -- is it worth keeping the NHOG Forum.
Wandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2010, 10:05 PM   #2

Hi Lloyd,

I like the Forum. It gives me a chance to see what others have experienced on this type of RV. It also keeps us informed on what the factory is doing.

I do not belong to Escapees, nor have a ventured to other RV Forums because they are too large to find specific info.

I am surprised by the few number of visitors. However, I see a number of people viewed your note, but no one responded.

Thanks for doing the work of maintaining the Forum.
But if I'm the only one wanting to keep it, then I will accept that.

Don
D&K-526 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 12:50 PM   #3

New Horizons Owners Club
Lloyd:

After reading Don's reply I figured I had better reply also. I agree with Don that the Forum is a great way to keep up with what NH is doing and what ideas/problems/solutions others are having. Although we have not been to a NHOG rally yet, we have met several NH owners on the road or at the factory. We met Bill Garmire and Jan and Cathy Emrick in 2007 at Canyon de Chelly and have followed their travels through their emails and blogs, as well as the Williams' trip to Alaska. The few exchanges that we have had in the Forum have been helpful and although I don't post very often, I do go onto NHOG and check all the new posts fairly regularly. I appreciate the time and effort you put into it, but would be sorry to see it go. Hope others will post and let their positions be heard.

Thanks for all the good work you put into the Forum.

Karen

NW F33-RLSSS VIN #811
dooks@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:51 PM   #4

Lloyd,
I also check the forum out when I can and even though I don't submit many posts would hate to see it go. Like all that log on I really appreciate the work it takes on your part. It's the only way we have to keep abreast of issues specific to NH and our rigs.
Thanks.
Patty
imported_Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 06:18 PM   #5

me too!

I also check the forum for new posts but do not usually post myself. I would like to see the forum continue but will abide by the collective agreement. Thank you Lloyd, for all you do.

Kristy
Kansaslass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #6

New Horizons Owners Club
I seem to be in the same category as a number of other people -- I check the forum periodically but don't post often. Which begs the question -- if no one is posting, is there anything to check?

I would feel somehow bereft if we had no forum of our own and were, in effect, cast adrift into the sea of "ordinary" RV owners. Although many of the issues raised here are generic and could be answered in any of the many generic RV fora, there are the occasional issues that are specific to New Horizons.

My main regret is the lack of participation by anyone from the company on this forum. There are times when it would be useful (or, at a minimum, interesting) to have either a service person or someone from management respond to a question or just post an update on what's going on. I know there have been a couple of instances where Phil sent something to Lloyd that ended up on the forum, but how cool would it be if we actually had some indication that Phil, Drew or anyone else with a direct line to those folks was monitoring the forum and was interested enough to participate in the discussion.

There were a number of lively discussions at the recent rally about issues specific to New Horizons -- they could just as easily have been held on the forum. Either folks don't know about the forum, aren't comfortable with the format or (most likely) don't think it will be helpful. The only way to correct the situation is to get more people to participate.

That's my two cents' worth --

Margaret
Old 06-10-2010, 11:06 AM   #7

Thanks to those of you who have replied. With those "few" replies to this thread and three emails that I received, the NHOG Forum has been granted a reprieve. :?
Wandrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 AM   #8

Thank you for deciding to keep this forum going. I think that because of the fact that our homes are custom, and the time it takes to build each one, there are just not as many of us as from some of the other manufacturers.

We would have liked to go the last rally; however, we were in Florida this past winter which made getting to the rally not only time consuming but expensive. I have noted that the next rally is scheduled for Florida but I would like to suggest that rallies be held in the central part of our wonderful country for easier access.

To all of those who work to sustain this group, and plan and run rallies, I say thank you.
imported_dale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:00 AM   #9

Me, too

Having just gotten home from the trip to Idaho et.al., I now feel like I have the time to check things like this forum. I, too, feel that there is some value to the forum and that there could be even more value if a) more folk checked the forum AND posted, and if b) a person from the factory was a member and posted especially in the technical category.

I would say that almost ALL issues that come up with our trailers are worthy of being posted. It may seem like it is griping but I would rather think that it is sharing our maintenance and repair histories. If you add something to the trailer, let us know. We might like to do the same. If you replaced some part, let us know. We might like to keep up with the same part.

As others have said, I, too, am very grateful for Lloyd and his managing the site for us. It is a great gift to the rest of us!
mwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 10:37 AM   #10

New Horizons Owners Club
Lloyd, thanks again for keeping the forum going. It has proved helpful on occasion and I echo the Williams' comments. Especially now that technology has advanced and NH has put more innovative features into their units it is more important than ever to have a sounding board of other owners.

NW F33-RLSSS VIN #811
dooks@verizon.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 05:16 PM   #11

New Horizons Owners Club
Lloyd
The reason I joined the forum was to learn more about Nwe Horizon 5th wheels. Being an owner of a different brand, i was hoping to learn more about them while we look at what we want in our next unit.

There is some good info found here, but the members don't seem to get on to talk about what goes wrong and how they have solved them.

The other forum I belong to is the NuWa owners forum, which is open to anybody, and they talk about everything under the sun.

I do hope that th forum stays open so we can keep learning more and meet new people as we go along.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:31 PM   #12

Time to abandon this forum!

Lloyd,

We are new to this forum and only found out about it after doing a google search on New Horizons safety issues. Please continue to do this forum. We need to be informed of what is going on with other owners and their units.

We are new owners of a 2010 Majestic. Unfortunately, we lost a hub the very first day out on July 17, 2010. We were 384 miles into our trip and just about to the RV park in St. Charles, MO when the rear-most wheel on the driver's side flew off into heavy traffic. The spindle was glowing red when we got out to inspect the damage. We are fortunate that the coach did not catch fire.

We must have the axle replaced before we can travel back to New Horizons to have the damage to the trailer repaired. It appears to be a hub failure of some sort. Needless to say, we are extremely concerned about safety issues in the future since this incident happened so early on with our brand new coach.

All of that is to say that this forum is extremely valuable. Please keep it going.
Traveling with a purpose . . .
lydiarc1008 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nhog