Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-10-2011, 06:34 AM   #127

Hi Jimmie hope your road trip was a safe one. Say hay to Kath and Haley for us. Can't wait to see some pictures of you trip.

Paulie
TURTLE-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-10-2011, 06:54 AM   #128

Taken, thanks for this info. I did check all the fuses and were good but didn't venture behind the panel. I might have to check that myself to avoid the $115.00 per hour technician charge from the dealership. Hope to hear back from the dealer on the leak. I told them about the kitchen counter top scratches and the sagging bed. Not sure what they can do for me on those issue.

Paul
Old 09-10-2011, 07:24 AM   #129

Forest River Owners Club
As for the mattress, I was told by my dealer that it is Keystone's policy to either warranty replace or reimburse up to $250 towards the mattress of your choice. I went with the latter. If your dealer doesn't back this up, I would suggest calling Keystone as I was told it was an ongoing issue with more than just their Cougar line and that this was their SOP in cases like ours. I didn't bother with the counter top scratches. Not much I can see them doing about it. As for your stabs, all my bad connections were right behind the panel. (Albeit a different panel.) Maybe pulling the fuse panel and checking it's connections would be prudent?
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 08:38 AM   #130

If our dealer can't back the mattress or counter top I'll work with Keystone directly. Hey, it is what it is.
Old 09-10-2011, 06:11 PM   #131

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
Hey majorloser, did you order your 321RES yet? That would make 3 of these units in Brevard county - my friends have one too! We will be at Longpoint the weekend of October 22nd if you want to check them out.
I'm heading up to Hershey this week for one last look around at what's on the market. But I have to be honest, I'm now very strongly leaning toward the KZ Durango 1500 D295CS. I know it's a fiver, but it actually meets my truck's specs. It also has quite a bit of storage space.

The 321RES has been my benchmark when shopping. Anything that can be added to that feature list is just gravy for me.
majorloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 06:32 PM   #132

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorloser View Post
I'm heading up to Hershey this week for one last look around at what's on the market. But I have to be honest, I'm now very strongly leaning toward the KZ Durango 1500 D295CS. I know it's a fiver, but it actually meets my truck's specs. It also has quite a bit of storage space.

The 321RES has been my benchmark when shopping. Anything that can be added to that feature list is just gravy for me.

If I had it to do again, I would go with a KZ product. While I still think my floorplan and the look of the 321 is the best out there, I would NEVER buy another Keystone product after all the bugs with mine and the others that have posted here. I was advised while shopping from a dealer on another board (who doesn't even sell KZ) that they were a very good company to buy from. I should have listened....
Old 09-12-2011, 06:37 PM   #133

Oops

If you ever run your trailer batteries down, after recharging, chances are your remote won’t work. You will need to reset the remote brain by removing 12v power (I had to remove the 12v input terminal) and then follow the reset instructions in the Lippert Controls instruction sheet (link posted earlier in this thread).

I attempted the Lippert reset procedure several times, but until I pulled the power wire the process didn’t work.

Don’t ask how I know this.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 06:54 PM   #134

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
If you ever run your trailer batteries down, after recharging, chances are your remote won’t work. You will need to reset the remote brain by removing 12v power (I had to remove the 12v input terminal) and then follow the reset instructions in the Lippert Controls instruction sheet (link posted earlier in this thread).

I attempted the Lippert reset procedure several times, but until I pulled the power wire the process didn’t work.

Don’t ask how I know this.
So, each spring when we put the battery back in, we have this to look forward to? Greaaaaaat.....
Old 09-12-2011, 10:31 PM   #135

And I thought my Keystone was built on a Monday...

Raptor 30fs Lemon? - KeystoneRV.org Forums
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:31 AM   #136

Forest River Owners Club
If I were that guy, I'd be on with a lawyer. That trailer will never be right...
Old 09-13-2011, 10:49 AM   #137

It really makes me want to cry. Whatever happened to job pride and craftmanship in this country? A lot of those items listed in that Raptor thread sound like just plain old shoddy work. Should have never been allowed to make it through quality control inspections (if there was any).
majorloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #138

Forest River Owners Club
I hope Keystone monitors these forums. They will be loosing sales as, in a modern world, people research online forms as part of the shopping process. If I had read this thread before buying, I would absolutely bought another brand......

I'm sure it's the same with people researching Raptors....
Old 09-14-2011, 05:55 AM   #139

Smile

We disconnect our battery after each trip because of the drain that the propane/carbon mon.sensor and dvd player has on it. We haven't had any trouble with the remote after reconnection....so far
As to Keystone...while we've had some of these same problems....I think you'll find issues with any of the manufacturers.....We've been doing the RV thing for 35 years....and had different brands across the years....always problems. If you've bought new rv's before...you know this to be true. Sort of like having a house built...always things to have 'ironed' out.
Would be good though if someone could figure out how to send this 'thread' to Keystone.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #140

Forest River Owners Club
I just emailed a link to this thread to the contact email on their site. I agree that all trailers have their issues when new, but this seems a bit excessive. Below is what I sent...

Hello Mike,

I am sending a link to a thread on a popular RV forum, iRV2, that is dedicated to your trailer model 321RES. I am one of the first posters as I bought this trailer before anyone else on the board. It's up to 8 pages now and over the summer it has become apparent that people, including myself, are VERY dissatisfied with your product's quality and listed in many of the posts are a laundry list of problems people are having with this trailer. I was hoping that you could get this link to the appropriate person at Keystone (yours was the only email address I could find) so that they would be made aware of of the reputation your product is getting on a public forum. If you google Cougar 321RES you will find this thread is at the top of the list. Not quite the best advertising for your product. I'm not sure if a representative from your company is allowed to post on a public forum, but many there would love to hear from Keystone regarding this RV.

Best regards,
Rodney Faille

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f272/coug...res-89806.html

Tags
heartland, kz-rv