Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:41 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
If I had it to do again, I would go with a KZ product. While I still think my floorplan and the look of the 321 is the best out there, I would NEVER buy another Keystone product after all the bugs with mine and the others that have posted here. I was advised while shopping from a dealer on another board (who doesn't even sell KZ) that they were a very good company to buy from. I should have listened....
I took the plunge and ordered a 2012 KZ Durango 1500 D295CS while I was at the Hershey show last Thursday. It was a deal I just couldn't resist.

It's as close to the gross weight and floorplan of the Cougar 321RES that I could get in a fifth wheel. I also end with a ton of storage space.
majorloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-19-2011, 04:48 PM   #142

Congratulations!!! If you are ever camping around the county and see 2 Cougars together, or by ourselves, stop by and say "HELLO"!

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 06:51 PM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
Congratulations!!! If you are ever camping around the county and see 2 Cougars together, or by ourselves, stop by and say "HELLO"!

Jimmie
Might have to join you one time. Gotta find a place here in town to store my new toy.
majorloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 10:21 AM   #144

Check your TV. The coaxial cable on mine has caught on a couple of times during raising/lowering. I pulled the TV yesterday and checked the coaxial input on the TV and found it has bent. I should probably take it back to the dealer, but I’m afraid they’re going to label me as a whiner.

I now have a better arraignment for the cables using many zip-ties.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 09:20 AM   #145

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Wall Paper Not Completely Installed

This past weekend I noticed on our living room slide there is no wall paper on the slide ends nor on the outside wall at the corners. In the center where the wall light or sconce is, there is wall paper. I took a look on the Keystone Cougar site gallery and the trailers there have wall paper around all of these walls.
We have enough warranty work that our shop will keep the trailer all winter. Great on the storage fees - free!
Hope everyone had a great camping season - time for storage here..
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:25 AM   #146

Wow... I'll have to look at my unit and see if the wallpaper is missing. Weather is still good where I am (expect for rain all the time). We have 3 more trips on the books and we will probably do one or two more after that if the weather holds out. Still love my unit.. .just need to get some things fixed this winter under warranty and then hopefully we will be good to go. Where does everyone on this board live?! I would LOVE to get together either this year or next. That would be a BLAST. I live in Maryland.
ScoobySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 07:38 AM   #147

Hi ScoobySue....We're in the St. Louis, MO area.

Anyone noticing oil around the ends of the slide cable on the kitchen-sofa side? I saw a drop on the floor in front of the stove and also there seems to be excess on the slide wall cable ends which can only be seen when the slide is out.
As far as the wallpaper....we have it right....yeaaah! Still have to get ours to someone in our area that will do the warranty work we need to have taken care of.

TAKEN .... did u ever hear anything back about the link to this site that you sent to Keystone?

Anyone having trouble with water (rain) coming in around your outside compartment doors? We put the extended gutters on but still getting wet inside .
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #148

Melbourne, Florida here! That means camping all year round

So far - knock on a lot of wood - our Cougar has been great with no problems. I do notice some oil spots on the kitchen floor after moving the slide out, but no big deal. Going to Lion Country Safari this weekend with the 321RES and then next month going again for the wife's Annual Birthday Camping Bash!

Turtle 1 will be there his 321RESas well as some SOB's, so should be quite a party!

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 02:49 PM   #149

Forest River Owners Club
We too are missing some areas of wallpaper. Instead of getting it replaced, I will probably just remove the rest. Nope, never heard back on my email to Keystone. Guess they're not too worried about it. We also had the wires on the tv getting caught. I think I may have posted on it back in the beginning. zip ties worked for me too. One more trip for us before I winterize it. Anyone done that yet? I'm guessing it's going to be fun getting at the water pump to pump in the antifreeze and the hw heater will probably be just as bad as it's in the same area. Wish me luck! If anyone has done it and has tips, let me know!
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:21 PM   #150

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Winterizing

Our trailer is folded up and headed to storage tomorrow - winter is here and parks are closing!
I think I could use the rest!! It has been a busy and fun summer..
I was prepared to winterize our trailer but the dealer doing our warranty work will do this for us, of course a few $$ in the process, but they are storing it for free..
I did receive a air compressor fitting with the trailer used for blowing out the water lines. I have never used this process and will ask the dealer on how. This is what they will do with ours and no anti-freeze will be used. I did read no more than 10 PSI pressure on the compressor pressure and I would make sure all of the faucets are open - I see myself forgetting the outdoor shower!
Has anyone learned how to retract the slides in the event of a cable or electrical failure?
Thanks
Dan
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 07:13 AM   #151

TAKEN.....Have you got any thoughts on how to winterize the black water flush out?
Old 09-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #152

I wish wires was the problem we have with our tv. We've used it a total of about 10 days. It gets power because the Vizio letters on the front light up but it will not turn on....Vizio said we have to deal with the company that they sold it to that, in turn, sold it to Keystone....ughhh!!! Our dealer is working on the sagging mattress problem but haven't heard anything back yet.
Old 09-29-2011, 07:22 AM   #153

Camping year round Jimmie?! I'm soo jealous!!!!! I keep telling my boyfriend we need to move South... Know of any job openings?! LOL

As for the oil around the cable, yes, we get a few drops on the floor but honestly it's no big deal. I just wipe it up.

We have at least 3 more trips planned and might try to squeeze in another 1 or 2 if the weather holds out. Happy camping everyone!!!!
Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #154

Ohh, does anyone know the model of the Vizio TV in the camper? On our last trip, I accidentally left the remote on the counter and of course it fell on the floor and got crushed by the slide. When will I ever learn?! DUH!!!!

Anyways, I need to order a replacement one.

Tags
heartland, kz-rv