Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:35 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
HEY!?!?!? Where the hell is my grey tank handle??? Yep it fell off on I-95 last weekend!
Looks like you'll be stopping by Giant Rec World when you home.

Is it something that you can Loctite in place next time?
majorloser is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2011, 07:36 PM   #170

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
HEY!?!?!? Where the hell is my grey tank handle??? Yep it fell off on I-95 last weekend!

Keystone quality at it's best....
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 05:00 AM   #171

Yep majorloser...bought some Locktite, a 1/4" threaded rod, a 1/4" coupler and a plastic handle and got it fix up. I did have to take a few bolts out to let the gas pipe down and out of the way so I could see into the belly of the beast. Actually, the connector for the gate valve is right above the belly covering, so when you pull the valve open, the rest of the shaft comes through the covering and I could get a real good grip on the other end of the gate valve rod so hopefully it won't fall again. So next time I dump the black tank, I'll be putting some Locktite on that rod as well. Geeze Keystone, just put some Locktite on these parts in the first place!

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:01 AM   #172

You are scaring me Jimmie2. I'm concerned about the leak in my dining room slide out, now I need to check the holding tank handles. Putting on a battery cutoff switch to limit the battery drain. I will put on the vent covers that I just bought, if it ever stops raining.
TURTLE-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 07:02 AM   #173

Forest River Owners Club
Vent covers are great. Have them on all three of mine. Did them at the same time I installed fantastic fans front and rear. We leave our vents open all season now. Not a drop of water gets in. Even during Hurricane Irene, nothing.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 04:50 PM   #174

Turtle, You gonna get those vent covers on this weekend before our trip?

Old 10-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #175

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE-1 View Post
You are scaring me Jimmie2. I'm concerned about the leak in my dining room slide out, now I need to check the holding tank handles. Putting on a battery cutoff switch to limit the battery drain. I will put on the vent covers that I just bought, if it ever stops raining.
If your trailer didn't leak with all that wind and rain we had over the weekend it's pretty dang watertight. We had 6" of rain in one day and wind gusts over 60 mph.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #176

I'm taking the trailer out of storage on Saturday and will install the vent covers at home. Hope to have the battery cut off switch install as well. Party on! Turtle-1
Old 10-13-2011, 05:07 AM   #177

Quote:
Originally Posted by majorloser View Post
If your trailer didn't leak with all that wind and rain we had over the weekend it's pretty dang watertight. We had 6" of rain in one day and wind gusts over 60 mph.

Everything was dry inside, even with the roof vents open under the MaxAir vents, but when I opened the cargo doors, there was some dampness right inside the doors on both sides. Will have to check the seals around the edges this weekend to make sure everything is tight.

Old 10-14-2011, 08:31 AM   #178

Jimmie2....Ours leaks around the cargo doors too even with the gutter extensions that we put on. One day when it rained hard I got my flashlight and looked down through the laundry shoot and could see where it is coming in at. It was dripping around the slit at the top of the frame. I'm still going to put better seals around it. I keep a towel right inside on the floor...another item I'm adding to my list when we take it back to the dealer in 2 weeks!! I'm also getting my battery cut-off switch together.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 12:01 AM   #179

Hi Folks, we just recently joined this forum and are located in the Northwest. We purchased our HC 321 last May and have had it out 5 times. We tow it with a 2006, 3500 Dodge Ram diesel. So far we have been very happy with the trailer, love the floor plan. The only serious issue we have had is a cracked kitchen counter top which is being repared under warrenty now. We have not had any leaks but we really have not had any serious rain yet. That said the dealer has offered to replace the seals around the two cargo doors while it's in the shop. I also want to add a battery cut-off switch, it appears the options are the breaker at the battery or a switch mounted inside next to the fuse box which is much more expensive. Curious what other folks are doing? Thanks!
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 04:13 PM   #180

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcamping View Post
Jimmie2....Ours leaks around the cargo doors too even with the gutter extensions that we put on. One day when it rained hard I got my flashlight and looked down through the laundry shoot and could see where it is coming in at. It was dripping around the slit at the top of the frame. I'm still going to put better seals around it. I keep a towel right inside on the floor...
I too put the gutter extensions on but still got wet as well. I checked my seals around the door this weekend and they looked pretty good. I read on some forum - can't remember which one, might have Outbackers.com - to run a bead of chaulk across the top of the hinge above the door to fix that problem. We'll see how it works. The Cougar got a full wax job today so that she shines next weekend on our annual Camping Birthday Bash for the wife! I'll let you know if the bead of chaulk worked after we get a good rain again.

Old 10-16-2011, 04:25 PM   #181

after all my honey-do's this weekend I finally got the Max-air vents on, as well as my battery cut-off switch. Oh, I also put on the over the spare tire bike rack. Should be ready to camp now. I think we will have some rain so any leaks will show up this weekend. Turtle-1
Old 10-17-2011, 07:35 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE-1 View Post
after all my honey-do's this weekend I finally got the Max-air vents on, as well as my battery cut-off switch. Oh, I also put on the over the spare tire bike rack. Should be ready to camp now. I think we will have some rain so any leaks will show up this weekend. Turtle-1
We should be getting a lot more rain and wind this week:

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 28.12°N and Longitude 80.65°W (Elev. 20 ft)

Tags
heartland, kz-rv