RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:28 AM   #225

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
Our trailer is a 2012 (titled) model was delivered to the dealer in mid May 2011 and to us in early June here in Alaska. The cable strands were completely broken with only 4 or 5 strands left on the 1st cable. The second now has only 4 or 5 frayed strands. Both events were on the lower aft kitchen slide cable, with the kitchen slide extended, exterior side.
I have to agree about this discussion and the excellent transfer of information - I have found several faults because of the members here and we send our Thanks! It would be nice if we were closer than Alaska - having the opportunity to meet folks - and use our camper longer!
Thanks again,
Dan
And on the flip side Dan, we would love to drag our 321 to AK for some camping. If only we were rich and retired... For now, we remain on the other side of the world...
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:48 PM   #226

Coastal Campers
Camping World just called and our unit as hit the lot. I will being doing my walk through on Friday.
pkemmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:48 PM   #227

I'm totally frustrated with my 321 at this point. The carpet near the bedroom and main slides are completely soaked. It happens EVERYTIME it rains. No matter how hard or little it rains, the carpet is soaked. I asked my local dealer about this and he suggested getting the slide topper awnings put on at about $500 each. I really think the camper should NOT leak. Does anyone else have this problem?
ScoobySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 03:52 PM   #228

Forest River Owners Club
No leaks here, but I would get it warrantied asap. Slide toppers are not the answer...
Old 11-21-2011, 04:21 PM   #229

Taken--What do you think the problem could be? There is no way the carpets should be soaked like this each and every time it rains. This is ridicilous!!!
ScoobySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 05:10 PM   #230

Forest River Owners Club
Well, I'm guessing it's not going to be coming from the top which is why I suggested the slide toppers wouldn't work. Of course, a trailer shouldn't need an umbrella anyways. LOL. Anyways, one thing I know about leaks from being a contractor is that the souce is never where it you would think it was. It usually comes in somewhere and follows the path of least resistance. On a house, if your ceiling is stained, the leak is usually feet if not yards away. As for your trailer, I really don't know. I'd make it the dealers problem as you are still within your 1 year warranty.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:18 PM   #231

Our 321 has seen some good rain storms and does has leak. However, using a 6' step ladder I inspect the slide rubber at almost every stop. I have noticed the rubber seals rarely deploy correctly. They're usually half-in/half-out, or in when they should be out, etc. I can easily correct this from the ladder, but I can't say this prevents leaks. The ladder is also handy for removing the typical accumulation of leaves/pine-needles prior to retracting the slides.

However, I find it hard to believe your leak(s) is a slide issue.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 09:38 PM   #232

Forest River Owners Club
Jim, why wouldn't you just use the ladder on the back of the trailer?
Old 11-22-2011, 04:43 AM   #233

We picked up our 321 in August brought it home and left the slides open one evening. That night it rained pretty hard. Next morning my wife found that the dining room side was soaked. I noticed that the rubber seal was laying corrrectly and no leaves or pine neetles anywhere. I took the RV to the local dealer and they water tested and were unable to find any leak. They said, however, keep all leaves, branches, anything of the slide roof. The warranty will not work if they find even one leaf near the slide. Been camping a few times and hasn't rained. Next outing is Christmas time...will let you know what happens if it rains.
TURTLE-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 06:19 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURTLE-1 View Post
Next outing is Christmas time...will let you know what happens if it rains.
It better NOT!

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 07:51 AM   #235

We don't have leaks that we've been able to tell and we've been in it during a few downpours. The rubber on the front side of the kitchen slide doesn't come out right from about the middle to the top so we just use a wood yard stick to help it out a little...no big deal. Just have to make sure it's done. When we had ours in for some warranty work we had the dealer check all of the caulking on the roof to make sure no place was missed at the factory. ...No problems there...supposedly.
We're still not happy with our Huskey Centerline hitch. Doesn't control the 'sway' issue like we thought it would. It's not bad...just not good enough.
Such good info here...thanks everyone!
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:58 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Jim, why wouldn't you just use the ladder on the back of the trailer?
I'm not a big fan of walking on the roof, and I can't reach everywhere from the roof. The ladder is useful for reaching high up on the sides.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #237

Forest River Owners Club
Our rubber seals are often half in and half out and we seem to hit a patch of driving rain on every trip this past year. Never a drop gets in and I never bother playing with the seals to get them all one way. I don't think that is the issue. Also, that's amazing about the dealer telling you one leaf or pine needle voids the warranty. That is seriously a dealer to stay away from. When I hear sleazy things like that on the internet, I am always amazed that places like that can stay in business. ILC, as to your hitch. As I've told you, our Equalizer E4 works beautifully. However, JimEli doesn't use any sway control at all, only WD and hasn't had a problem. I would bet if your hitch is giving you that much grief, and it has sway control built in, it is not set up correctly. On my last trailer, I had a Reese Straightline WD/Sway control hitch. If it wasn't setup EXACTLY right, not only would it not control sway... it would induce it! I'm talking about the smallest adjustment here too. So, I would really have your hitch checked out at another dealer. Pay them for a half hour of their time. It will verify if you are set up right and if you indeed are, it might be time for a hitch upgrade. Sway can get out of control and it's just not worth it to stick with something that isn't working. Even if that means taking a loss. Plus, it's your piece of mind. A big part of the camping experience for me is towing to our destination. I love pulling our trailer. Feeling uneasy doing so would really take something away from the experience for me....
Old 11-22-2011, 08:59 AM   #238

For those fighting swaying issues, read this:
http://www.caravanandmotorhomebooks....s_complete.pdf

And play with this:
http://www.towingstabilitystudies.co...udies-game.php

I hope it helps and good luck.

Tags
heartland, kz-rv