Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-02-2012, 03:49 PM   #407

Forest River Owners Club
Yes, D tires. No issues but only had the trailer a year. The water pump is under the kitchen counter next to the hot water heater. Yes, it has front power stab jacks.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-02-2012, 04:13 PM   #408

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Yes, D tires. No issues but only had the trailer a year. The water pump is under the kitchen counter next to the hot water heater. Yes, it has front power stab jacks.
Thanks Taken, that was fast!
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:50 PM   #409

Forest River Owners Club
Glad to help!
Old 03-03-2012, 10:38 PM   #410

ok gang, my unit will be here next week and Im to pick it up wednessday, already have reservations made for the weekend to take her out

SOOO those of you that have yours, what items do I need to pay particular attention to when doing my walk through inspection!

thanks guys
martyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:41 PM   #411

one thing that has been a bad thing for several is the fresh water fill or the black tank water hook up. have them hook up both to test. take notes on how to operate every thing. slides going in and out, are there grease tracks on the rug. check to make sure the slides have good seals, test with water and straight stream water to see if the water gets by the seals such as if you are in a wind and rain storm. some have had trouble with the mattress caving in the middle after four straight nights of sleeping in it. check the tires to make sure they are coded for the weight of the TT. if not you will have blow outs. make sure the air pressure is up to the required pressure.some have problems with the propane tank cover and hooking up the WDH. This is just some of the things. I got these from reading the posts in this section of the forum. there are 30 pages might take you an hour but it is filled with good info.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #412

scoobbysue on page 29 has a list and I think she has the most problems
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:54 AM   #413

Forest River Owners Club
Most of us had the kitchen table hitting the counter top issue so that one is pretty common. Noisy water pump too which needs additional isolation or fastening. As stated, the black tank flush is usually missing the cheap rubber washer in the connector but test it as well as ours had a bad vacuum breaker under the bathroom sink that allowed water to get into the trailer. Other than that, doors and cabinets that don't close right may need adjustment. Our toilet seal needed replaced as it wouldn't hold water. The wires to the tv generally aren't tethered together and get caught as you raise and lower the tv. Make sure you zip tie them to each other and to the tv itself. Some have reported the front storage compartment to leak. Ours didn't, but some do. We also had no slide leak or cable issues, but it's a safe bet to check them. We did have the small rubber gaskets pull away from the trailer where the slide cables enter the trailer which had to be reglued. Make sure all the controls on the main panel work. Ours all had loose wire nuts on most of the connections making slide operation only available through the remote. The mattress will need to be either replaced or have the foundation platform reinforced or both. Otherwise you will be sliding to the center in a night or so as the whole assembly caves in. Check the heat and make sure it works. The thermostat may require a reset which if not done just right will prevent the furnace from restarting. The bolts on our tongue jack were loose causing an intermittent ground. Make sure they are tight.
Old 03-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #414

Congrats on the new trailer!
I would suggest all of the above...mattress, outside slide seals, table rubbing against cabinet, toilet holding water, and we had the bedroom door sticking problem and rain getting in the front outside storage. All things that can be fixed. You'll find lots of good ideas on the forum. We've found that folks on this site are very knowledgeable so it would be to your advantage to stay in touch.....enjoy!!
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #415

Martyf, congratulations on the new HC 321, the only additonal item I would be sure to check out is that your hitch shank extends out enough from your bumper so that in a very tight turn the trailer and tow vehicle do not come into contact.

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
... the only additional item I would be sure to check out is that your hitch shank extends out enough from your bumper so that in a very tight turn the trailer and tow vehicle do not come into contact.
YEP! Did that the first day I had it on the way home from Ohio
Put a nice gouge in one of the front decals and a nice scratch in my truck.

Got stuck in a gas station and had to back out and pull a tight U-ie to get back on the road.

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:47 PM   #417

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Anyone else have any comments or concerns with the stock tires? I've had others suggest that they be changed out for "E" range tires immediately. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere if its not really an issue.
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:12 PM   #418

Jimmie...same thing happened to us. Gouge on the trailer and on my bed cover. UGH!
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #419

Yea really ticked me off...I also bent one the knobs that hold the bottom of the LP cover on that too and then the metal catch on the top put a gouge in the tail gate as well. First thing I ordered when I got home was an 18 inch shank and problem alleviated AND I can now drop the tail gate to load and unload

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #420

Hi Clayhammer,

I probably only have about 2500 miles on mine and don't believe I've been up to max weight but probably close on my longest trip. So far the tires still look new with no problems (knock on wood).

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv