Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-06-2012, 01:00 AM   #421

well, I don't know what I'm going to do now. DW said tonight she doesn't want to spend 50K for a Tt. I told her you aren't spending 50K for a TT only 35K. still didn't sit well with her. I have researched this TT for three months and am in the mood for it but she isn't. so the deal is off. I told her she can just live in AZ like a friend of ours, he as a truck camper and lives out side most of the winter months. I told her the awning is new, good luck. I'll fly airplanes all day long.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-06-2012, 05:03 AM   #422

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post
Anyone else have any comments or concerns with the stock tires? I've had others suggest that they be changed out for "E" range tires immediately. I'd rather spend the money elsewhere if its not really an issue.
Loaded to the max you aren't above D ratings so swapping to E's is a waste of money. Remember, that over 1000 is on the tongue and therefor not on the trailer tires. There are people obsessed with tires just like people obsessed with trailer weights and GVWR/GCVW etc. There are even people who insist that if you don't run a Propride/Hensley hitch, you don't care about the safety of your family. Everyone has their hangups these days. Are the tires cheap Chinese, yep. Are they under rated, nope...
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #423

Thanks again. After taking a second look, I've realized I was using "C" range numbers. The "D" tires are over the GVW. We'll worry about tires in a few years when necessary.

According to our Rep, our 321 should be coming off the assembly line today! It shouldbe here in about a week.
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:13 AM   #424

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
well, I don't know what I'm going to do now. DW said tonight she doesn't want to spend 50K for a Tt. I told her you aren't spending 50K for a TT only 35K. still didn't sit well with her. I have researched this TT for three months and am in the mood for it but she isn't. so the deal is off. I told her she can just live in AZ like a friend of ours, he as a truck camper and lives out side most of the winter months. I told her the awning is new, good luck. I'll fly airplanes all day long.

well that pretty much bites!!

sorry pro!, take her tent camping when its hot as hell out, that will change her mind.

two things I have learned, try to make it "her" idea and all is well..............................or forgivness is easier then permission
martyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:31 AM   #425

Well we couldnt wait!! so we went down to the rv dealership and asked if we could have a peak!

Man does it look great!!! We are very excited!!

I did knotice one thing I wasnt to happy about, as did the wife. The shower fixtures were not that faux bronze, they were plain old white, but the bathroom sink and kitchen were. Every unit we looked at even the shower fixtures were the bronze color. I told our dealer I wanted the shower fixtures changed out to the bronze please.

They are installing the 2nd AC unit today, doing all the prep work, and then we will go get it thursday morning YEAH!!!

One other thing I realized was our unit is a 50 amp unit, most of the camping spots we go to are 30 guess we wont be running BOTH ac units much at the same time
martyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 07:52 AM   #426

Most campgrounds have a few 50 ampers you just need to reserve one ahead of time. we have 50 sites but only 10 are 50's so far. We'll continue to upgrade as cash comes in
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 02:57 PM   #427

Do any owners of this camper live on the East Coast? Intersted in getting together for a rally/trip?
ScoobySue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:00 PM   #428

Yes, I do… our local dealer sold four of them (mine included) this past fall. They are eagerly awaiting the next shipment, since they all sold out within one month.
I just returned from a 4 week vacation trip down the east coast and back, where I logged on over six thousand miles. And what a trip it was; towing through 8” of snow in New England, ice cover roads in NY, fog, tornados (20 miles away) and 40 mph cross winds. I towed it through the beach sand of Florida and through the mud of North Carolina. I bumped over some of the worst cement roads Pennsylvania had to offer. All systems work flawlessly, especially the wimpy little F150…
The F150 HD is equipped with both max tow and snow plowing package and handled the job better than my excitations. The trailer stabilizing package was activated six times during windy portion of the trip and snapped the trailer back in line in a hart beat. The little truck that could; had all the power one would want and could easily maintain 65-70 mph while delivering 9.5 to 13 mpg.
heatkits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #429

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Glad to help. We got the one with two couches. We too preferred the recliners but wanted to have max sleeping space if we had guests or ever get around to having children. We haven't gone on a long run yet as our first trip is this coming Monday. Heading out while everyone else is heading home. Will know more about trailerability etc. after that. Construction seems good from what we've seen so far. It was lacking a few things we wanted which I have added over the past few weeks. I added an outside low pressure quick connect for our low pressure grill. I also swapped out the front and rear roof vents for Fantastic Fans and added vent covers to all three roof vents. I used the smoke colored ones from Camco which look black to match the trailer and ac from the outside, but are like tinted windows from the inside and still let in some light. Another thing we did was swap out the fifty cent speakers from all 6 interior locations. The stereo/DVD player was fine, but the speakers were the absolute worst quality I've seen. I just went with some Clarion 2-ways from Amazon.com. $32 a set delivered and sound fantastic! As far as hitching we went with an Equalizer E4 setup. I am going to install it this weekend. On our last trailer, an Arctic Fox 30U, we had the Reese Straight Line Dual Cam setup. It was a PITA to setup but once it was, it worked flawlessly. That is until one of the cams snapped. Reese help me up for six months before a replacement was sent and that's after a lot of calls begging. A six month back order? Really? So, I switched brands with this trailer. Support after the sale is extremely important to me. Again, since we haven't towed with the new Equalizer yet, I can't review it. I will have a good idea next Monday evening though! As for storage, I am with you on wanting more. That front area is cavernous though and although it's tough to get to the middle items, I just put things I rarely need there. I also utilized the cabinet that is facing the entrance door in the kitchen as a utility cabinet putting some things that I used to keep in outside storage there. Got everything where I want it at this point. We thought about adding the pull out drawers, but after looking at a friends trailer that has them, we decided we would be loosing too much space using them. Anyways, I guess I rambled enough. Anything else, feel free to ask. It's fun talking about a purchase you are so pleased with!!!

I have the 321 res, last fall I took apart the ceiling vent in the living room and was looking for wires to fish out for a fan and couldn't find anything but the lighting wires. I wanted the fan to run independent of the lights. Did you find another power source or hook into the lights? Id love to know, definitely got very hot in there last year and Id love to get a fan going.

Thanks for any help!
Smatt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:08 PM   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatkits View Post
especially the wimpy little F150…
Congrats on the great trip, and stop pulling our leg, you couldn't have done all that with a mere F-150. 2X
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 04:11 PM   #431

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smatt79 View Post
I have the 321 res, last fall I took apart the ceiling vent in the living room and was looking for wires to fish out for a fan and couldn't find anything but the lighting wires. I wanted the fan to run independent of the lights. Did you find another power source or hook into the lights? Id love to know, definitely got very hot in there last year and Id love to get a fan going.

Thanks for any help!

Unfortunately, there was nothing but the lighting wires. As I'm sure you figured out, that means you have to leave the switch on in the control panel and shut off the lights individually. Not what I wanted, but I got used to it.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:32 PM   #432

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Warranty Work

Has anyone had any issues with Keystone on Warranty work??
What we are running into is the authorized repair location here (no local dealer, they only do repair work) require a certain amount of time to complete a repair and Keystone will only approve a portion of the requested time. The technicians here are providing what I would say are realistic repair times but not getting the full approval. What will happen, if the repairs are not paid for by Keystone - I get to pay the difference!
I will get specific numbers tomorrow - one example was - only 1 1/2 hour to remove and re-install all wall paper boarders! The technician needs 3 to 4 hours.
Once I have the numbers, I can call Keystone.. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
Dan
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 09:53 PM   #433

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
Unfortunately, there was nothing but the lighting wires. As I'm sure you figured out, that means you have to leave the switch on in the control panel and shut off the lights individually. Not what I wanted, but I got used to it.
I suppose a good side is when your packing up or leaving and need to turn everything off - there is only one switch! :-)
I always forget one of them - fan or the lights.. :-(
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 10:58 PM   #434

Dan, the warranty work I've had done on mine has been to replace the cracked kitchen counter top and some minor other items. I took the unit in to the dealer they took pictures of the items had some conversations with Keystone and told me it would be taken care of. I did have to make another trip in (about an hour) when the counter top came in and leave the trailer for a week. So far all of our repairs have been covered with no cost to us. I've been very pleased with the dealer and the trailer.

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv