Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-24-2012, 04:22 PM   #519

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMASS Camper View Post
I also made another cabinet and towel rack for the bathroom. My wife is 5'2" and can't use the installed mirror since it is so high. Enough for now!
Very nice WMASS!!! I know my and turtle1's wife will definitely want this in our trailers. That was my wife's first complaint when she walked into the trailer for the first time. We actually had a chance to talk to the Cougar High Country Rep at the Tampa RV Show last January and told him about this problem. He replied that he brings this up at every meeting and the production line refuse to change anything to fix that problem. Can you provide the measurements you used for that cabinet. If I ever get the table saw out, I'll have to cut some wood for that project.

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2012, 06:41 PM   #520

Talking

The cabinet/towel rack is beautiful! The question is....dare I ask.......how did you attach it? What hardware did you use?
CinBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:47 AM   #521

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinBilly View Post
The cabinet/towel rack is beautiful! The question is....dare I ask.......how did you attach it? What hardware did you use?

Old 04-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
I'm staying out of this one... to many arrows in my back.
heatkits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:41 PM   #523

Quote:
Very nice WMASS!!! I know my and turtle1's wife will definitely want this in our trailers. That was my wife's first complaint when she walked into the trailer for the first time. We actually had a chance to talk to the Cougar High Country Rep at the Tampa RV Show last January and told him about this problem. He replied that he brings this up at every meeting and the production line refuse to change anything to fix that problem. Can you provide the measurements you used for that cabinet. If I ever get the table saw out, I'll have to cut some wood for that project.

Jimmie
The cabinet is 25 1/2" wide 18" tall with 3 interior shelves. I think I would only make 2 shelves for the inside if I had it to do over so taller things could be stored. The towel rack is 29 1/2" long. I took the filler piece from under the bathroom sink that hides the piping and ripped it to make the cabinet sides, top and bottom. I used poplar for the frame and shelf supports and bought some cherry for the face frame and doors and stained accordingly. The shelves are 1/4" masonite. I attached the cabinet and towel rack with 2 1/2" sheet rock screws. There are studs at approximately 10 1/2" and 25" from the bedroom wall left to right facing the new cabinet. The existing towel racks right side is attached to the right hand stud. If you push on the wall you can feel where the studs are.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:33 PM   #524

Awesome! Thanks for the details!

Old 04-26-2012, 09:52 AM   #525

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMASS Camper View Post
and stained accordingly.
Fantastic job WMASS Camper! What stain did you use?

I'm full timing in our 321RES, at least for the moment. I am very happy with the fix I applied to the bed. It has eliminated the sagging issue and the mattress now sleeps very well. Having experimented with this issue, I’m a little skeptical that a ¼” plywood panel would work as well. If anyone wants the details of what I did, please email me.

I just purchased Suntex window coverings in an attempt to reduce the transfer of solar radiation through the windows (Tucson @ 101 last weekend). I'll detail the install and results soon.

Happy trails everyone.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 02:21 PM   #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
...What stain did you use?
Yea I would be interested in that as well, rather trying this and trying that.

Jimmie

Old 04-29-2012, 09:13 AM   #527

I've completed the installation of the Suntex window shades and the interior seems noticeably cooler. For anyone seeking to reduce the solar heating of the 321RES, I would suggest at least covering the 2 biggies (dinning table and rear windows). Installation was too easy.

Has anyone completed a second a/c install?

I have 50 amp service, is the TT pre-wired?
Old 04-29-2012, 01:44 PM   #528

Jim, Tell us more about these Suntex window shades.

Old 04-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #529

Quote:
Jim, Tell us more about these Suntex window shades.
The link below contains all the information. I simply measured the outside dimensions of my windows, and they custom made the covers and had them here in about 4 days. I'm very pleased with the quality, and installation couldn't have been easier. I can undo the snaps on the bottom and open the pop-out windows.

There are 3 fastner methods; traditional snaps (my option), twist lock and velcro (I have seen magnets used by others too).

Very friendly and helpful service. About $300 will do our whole TT including tax and shipping (probably half that to do the 2 big windows).

RV Side Window Cover - Features
Old 04-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #530

Thanks for the info!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #531

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
Fantastic job WMASS Camper! What stain did you use?

I'm full timing in our 321RES, at least for the moment. I am very happy with the fix I applied to the bed. It has eliminated the sagging issue and the mattress now sleeps very well. Having experimented with this issue, I’m a little skeptical that a ¼” plywood panel would work as well. If anyone wants the details of what I did, please email me.

I just purchased Suntex window coverings in an attempt to reduce the transfer of solar radiation through the windows (Tucson @ 101 last weekend). I'll detail the install and results soon.

Happy trails everyone.

Cabinet Stain: MINWAX Red Oak 215. I think the next time I would apply a wood sealer first, then stain. Cherry tends to be finicky and will take stain unevenly.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 AM   #532

Mid Atlantic Campers
If you apply a sealer prior to staining the wood will not accept the stain. 1 sand 2 stain 3 seal 4 fine sanding 5 clear.
soundman7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv