Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-29-2012, 08:49 AM   #561

Coastal Campers
Did you cover all the windows?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
I've completed the installation of the Suntex window shades and the interior seems noticeably cooler. For anyone seeking to reduce the solar heating of the 321RES, I would suggest at least covering the 2 biggies (dinning table and rear windows). Installation was too easy.

Has anyone completed a second a/c install?

I have 50 amp service, is the TT pre-wired?
pkemmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-29-2012, 08:57 AM   #562

Coastal Campers
Air Mattress

We took the camper out over the weekend and we used the air mattress. By the next morning the air mattress had lost 1/2 the air in it. Has anyone else had this problem. The second night I checked to make sure the arrows were lined up on the off postion and still it lost air.
Old 05-29-2012, 09:09 AM   #563

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkemmerlin View Post
We took the camper out over the weekend and we used the air mattress. By the next morning the air mattress had lost 1/2 the air in it. Has anyone else had this problem. The second night I checked to make sure the arrows were lined up on the off postion and still it lost air.
Same here, found a hole in middle of it. It was not near anything that could have pinched it. The dealer just ordered a new one and replaced it. Problem solved!
heatkits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:16 AM   #564

Coastal Campers
AC Vents

Is there away to shut off some of the AC Vents in the Living Room or do I need to replace the vents with a different type?
Old 05-29-2012, 09:30 AM   #565

Quote:
Is there away to shut off some of the AC Vents in the Living Room or do I need to replace the vents with a different type?
I ended up buying a couple these - ah man, I can't remember where I got them now. Anyway, I replaced the vent in the living area by the TV and the one over the kitchen sink with a vent that has louvers that can be closed. Just hoping that I can "push" more air to the bedroom area by closing the kitchen one since they are on the same vent line. The one in the living area just because my son complained that the air was blowing right on him. I'll have to look when I get home for the place that I got them from.

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 12:42 PM   #566

Coastal Campers
Jimmie,

Did it push more air into the bedroom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
I ended up buying a couple these - ah man, I can't remember where I got them now. Anyway, I replaced the vent in the living area by the TV and the one over the kitchen sink with a vent that has louvers that can be closed. Just hoping that I can "push" more air to the bedroom area by closing the kitchen one since they are on the same vent line. The one in the living area just because my son complained that the air was blowing right on him. I'll have to look when I get home for the place that I got them from.

Jimmie
Old 05-29-2012, 01:45 PM   #567

Quote:
Jimmie,

Did it push more air into the bedroom?
Yea it seems to, but then again I have not had a real good hot night to try it out yet. I remember our first venture out in our 321 last Labor Day weekend. We went to Sanibel Island off the coast of Ft. Myers. It was 90+ degrees for the four days that we were there and I don't remember being overly hot in the trailer with the bathroom vent pointed in the front bedroom direction. I just figured closing off another vent couldn't hurt. I'm still looking for the one that I bought, but can't find it...

Old 05-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #568

Coastal Campers
We went to Mrytle Beach over the weekend and my Daughter complained she was cold at night but the bedroom was warm. We left the sliding door to the bathroom open and turned the vent towards the bedroom. I was thinking if I closed off some of the vents in the living area it would pushed some air into the bedroom.

I also noticed that the AC would run on high then would cycle down and back up to high. Is that normal? The AC in our Hornet didn't do that. This is the first time we have used the AC. We order it with a 15,000 BTU and had the bedroom wired for a second unit. I would like to try to put off buying the second unit if I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
Yea it seems to, but then again I have not had a real good hot night to try it out yet. I remember our first venture out in our 321 last Labor Day weekend. We went to Sanibel Island off the coast of Ft. Myers. It was 90+ degrees for the four days that we were there and I don't remember being overly hot in the trailer with the bathroom vent pointed in the front bedroom direction. I just figured closing off another vent couldn't hurt. I'm still looking for the one that I bought, but can't find it...
Old 05-29-2012, 06:23 PM   #569

Quote:
I also noticed that the AC would run on high then would cycle down and back up to high. Is that normal? The AC in our Hornet didn't do that. This is the first time we have used the AC. We order it with a 15,000 BTU and had the bedroom wired for a second unit. I would like to try to put off buying the second unit if I can.
Hmmmm....I don't think I've noticed that. I always run the AC fan on HI. I'll try and pay attention the next time we are out. Next trip is to the beach near Cocoa Beach - so it should be plenty HOT by then! A good test.

Jimmie

Old 05-29-2012, 06:40 PM   #570

Quote:
Did you cover all the windows?
I covered all except the bedroom emergency exit and obviously not the 4 windows on the slide sides. If you are looking to reduce heat, I would at least do the 2 biggies, and consider doing all the windows aft of the door.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:58 PM   #571

Jimmie,

Wondering if you solved your sway problem with the new tires? We have had ours out twice now with the new hitch and have no sway issues but are still fighting a bounce problem. The bounce is not as bad as with the first hitch but still bothersome. The hitch is setup by the book and all of the measurements are good. Considering new shocks on the truck next.

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 04:55 AM   #572

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Jimmie,

Wondering if you solved your sway problem with the new tires? We have had ours out twice now with the new hitch and have no sway issues but are still fighting a bounce problem. The bounce is not as bad as with the first hitch but still bothersome. The hitch is setup by the book and all of the measurements are good. Considering new shocks on the truck next.
Yea I did get the tires replaced a couple weeks ago and did take the Cougar out for a ride down the highway. Everything seems to be good again - drove down the highway doing 65-70mph just to see how everything handled. So far so good! It did seem to have a little wiggle though, but probably from screwing around with the hitch for the last three months. I have also been thinking about new shocks for the truck as I cross the 60,000 mile mark. Been looking at the Bilsteins front and rear as well as the front steering stabilizer - I found a web site that offers all as a package deal...can't remember right now where that was (have it saved on my laptop at home). As I said above, we are going beach camping in about three weeks, so I will make sure all my measurements and adjustments are correct before I head out to see how it really handles.

Jimmie

BTW...TireRack.com had UPS come to my house and pick up the old Michelins for free and within a week had refunded my total purchase price! On a side note: After I had the Michelins replaced with the BFGoodrich tires, I was unloading them out of the back of the truck and I dropped the first one on the floor, I noticed the Michelin sidewall kind of bounce a little. So of course I had to give it one more poke...it seemed that the sidewalls on those tires was very "sloppy" and I don't remember the BFGoodrich tires being like that when I loaded them into the truck that day. Someone on the DTR Forum had mentioned the same thing about those tires being pretty "sloppy" in the sidewall department.

Old 05-30-2012, 07:35 AM   #573

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Jimmie2 - Nice find on the tire issue.. We too run Michelin tires but do not have any issues - I do think we need to look into new shocks as ours are three and a half years old..

As for the vents - here we have to manage the heater a bit. I placed an adjustable vent by the circuit breaker panel in the kitchen cabinet and a second in the bathroom.. So far - perfect.. I can see the same issue with the AC vents..

My last warranty claim went in this week - My front decals (Cougar, High Country and one strip were peeling! I do not use abrasives and when I use bug remover, I try to be extra careful when cleaning, so I sincerely doubt I caused this issue..

While the trailer is in for the decal replacement, we are having an estimate for a rear camera on the trailer (hard wire).. Had a fun time this weekend setting up by myself.. If it costs 1000.00 - It maybe well worth it when a repair is considered! Any thoughts???

Thanks once again!!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:57 AM   #574

A/C

Honestly, you are going to need a 2nd a/c unit in the bedroom. Soo far, it's the best upgrade I have done to the camper! We camped in 90+ degrees this past weekend and the camper was cool as can be!!! With the one a/c unit, it is hard to control the temperature in the living room and the bedroom. Just like someone pointed out, the living room is freezing and the bedroom is warm. Forget that. Get the 2nd a/c unit and be done with it.

And yes, my a/c cycles off and on for a few seconds. Not sure why it does that!
ScoobySue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv