Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #631

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
JimEli,
Hi -
About the protection you added on the front of your trailer - did you use the clear guard or the clear shelving paper?
How wide was each roll?
The only 3m adhesive rock protection applications up here are very narrow and short. Called the 3m rep here and I was referenced to a shop where I am confident it will be spendy..
Our upper front decals were coming loose and once those are replaced (warranty) we'll get serious about the lower front protection..
Sorta wishing for simple diamond plate..
Thanks for your time
Dan
I used clear shelving paper that was about 2' wide. I've used colored versions of this stuff to do design work on the side of racing cars. It sticks very well, especially after a few hours of exposure to sunlight. It also removes without leaving a residue.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2012, 12:22 AM   #632

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
I used clear shelving paper that was about 2' wide. I've used colored versions of this stuff to do design work on the side of racing cars. It sticks very well, especially after a few hours of exposure to sunlight. It also removes without leaving a residue.
Too cool..

How is it holding up? Not only with adhesion but with rock hits?

Thanks
Dan
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 07:07 PM   #633

Apache Village is in Hazelwood. We've never bought an rv from them....just some parts across the years. I've only heard good things about AV. Midwest RV is a different story.
Have a great and safe vacation. Hope you don't have any more problems with your Cougar. So far, ours has been minimal. We're looking in to getting a different hitch...our Huskey Centerline doesn't stop the sway like what we were told when we bought it. Have you ever had any dealings with E-Trailer located in Wentzville? They're a .com company and also sell locally.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 12:39 AM   #634

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcamping View Post
Apache Village is in Hazelwood. We've never bought an rv from them....just some parts across the years. I've only heard good things about AV. Midwest RV is a different story.
Have a great and safe vacation. Hope you don't have any more problems with your Cougar. So far, ours has been minimal. We're looking in to getting a different hitch...our Huskey Centerline doesn't stop the sway like what we were told when we bought it. Have you ever had any dealings with E-Trailer located in Wentzville? They're a .com company and also sell locally.
I am also concerned with our Husky hitch sway.. I would buy a Hensley hitch if we could $$ one..
Your question on e trailerdot com? I bought a tire cover over a month ago and yet to receive it. I would seriously reconsider these folks, at least look at their ratings prior to ordering. I received an email stating it was shipped, second stated it was an incorrect address, third - back ordered! WOW!!! Never again from this place.. I have the email traffic..
Happy camping!!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:57 PM   #635

we haven't gotten around to ordering our res321 yet this year. DW and I are really in love with it just some of the issues bother me. Mainly the plastic gears in the slide motors and lack of storage out side. Only one storage bay is not enough for us. Most be something out there that is what we want.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 07:15 AM   #636

dgrant09......that's too bad about your poor service from etrailer.com. I've never ordered from them so I don't know much about their service. We live just a few miles from their place and I can just go there to get what I need...which to this point has only been a tongue weight scale for our Cougar. I'm to replace our Huskey Centerline (too much sway) with an Equalizer hitch from them in the next few weeks. We had the Reese Dual Cam on our last trailer a few years back and it doesn't do the job either. I've seen good things said about the Equalizer on here so we're going to give it a try. A Hensley would be great....but like you said....it's just too much $$$$$. I guess if I add up the cost of these 3 hitches it would just about come out to the Hensley's price...
Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #637

Ford Super Duty Owner
Well Gang, the wife and I ordered our RES321 yesterday and I must say we can't wait until we hook up to it. This Group has been fantastic with all your input. The wife and I must have looked at several hundred makes and models but when we first found the RES321 we fell in love with the floor plan immediately. As soon as we saw it we both said " Now this is exactly just what we are looking for." I see with this Groups input we were not alone in our thinking. Thanks again Guy's and Gal's.
Ted & Karen
Ted48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #638

Forest River Owners Club
A couple of long stories short. Etrailer has TERRIBLE service. I have had multiple bad experiences with them. They have none of the items on their site in stock and drop ship them all which is why it's always delayed shipment. As for the Hensly or it's better designed cousin, the ProPride, they won't work with the propane cover installed on the 321.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #639

Congratulations Ted!!! We continue to be very pleased with ours, we just need to find more time to use it!

Grizz

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:43 AM   #640

Ted & Karen.....We think you'll love your new trailer. Make a list of some of the concerns that you see on this thread when you do your 'walk through' but keep in mind that all new rvs like new houses have some things that need 'adjustments'. Enjoy!
Old 07-09-2012, 06:48 AM   #641

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
A couple of long stories short. Etrailer has TERRIBLE service. I have had multiple bad experiences with them. They have none of the items on their site in stock and drop ship them all which is why it's always delayed shipment. As for the Hensly or it's better designed cousin, the ProPride, they won't work with the propane cover installed on the 321.
TAKEN....Thanks for the info on Hensly. As far as etrailer....we live about 5 miles from them and have only bought my tongue weight scale there, of which they had in stock. I've never had to order from them so you are probably right. We will most likely get our Equalizer hitch there because we can make an appointment for installation.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:03 AM   #642

Forest River Owners Club
Make sure you get the best price you can find on the net (probably rvwholesalers) and bring it when you go to get your E4. etrailer has a 110% price match which by looking at their price on the E4, should save you $150 or so.
Old 07-09-2012, 10:14 PM   #643

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
We need good news!! This means everything works, nothing leaks and all of the cables are fine!!

Stepping away from the Hensley line, what would you recommend? Anyone?? I do need a drop on the hitch..
We returned this weekend with some very very rough winds and we were down to 40 at times.. Would have parked the trailer for the evening but we had work on today..
Thanks for your input and good to see ya Taken..
Old 07-10-2012, 04:36 AM   #644

Forest River Owners Club
I loved my Equalizer. Was the perfect hitch on my 321.

Tags
heartland, kz-rv