Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:37 PM   #715

Thanks to everyone this has been a very informational thread!! We just completed our first year with our 2012 Cougar High Country 321 RES and it was awsome. The trailer is everything that this forum has discussed. The trailer handles very well behind my 2008 Chevy Silveraldo dulley and the layout and overall appearance has gotten us many complements from fellow RVers. Its sad to see the season come to an end but the change of seasons really makes you appreciate it when the RV season comes back around. This winter I plan on working on the sagging mattress problem and try and firm up the shower floor.
A couple questions for the group: What is your opinion on the extended warranity? And through which carrier? (I heard the slide out motors are very costly and will need repaired due to having a plastic drive gear.) And my last question is about winterizatiion of the fresh water system. Has anyone installed the pump converter winterizing kit from camping world? It seems to be very difficult to get to the water pump.
BKBOATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2012, 09:48 PM   #716

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBOATER View Post
Thanks to everyone this has been a very informational thread!! We just completed our first year with our 2012 Cougar High Country 321 RES and it was awsome. The trailer is everything that this forum has discussed. The trailer handles very well behind my 2008 Chevy Silveraldo dulley and the layout and overall appearance has gotten us many complements from fellow RVers. Its sad to see the season come to an end but the change of seasons really makes you appreciate it when the RV season comes back around. This winter I plan on working on the sagging mattress problem and try and firm up the shower floor.
A couple questions for the group: What is your opinion on the extended warranity? And through which carrier? (I heard the slide out motors are very costly and will need repaired due to having a plastic drive gear.) And my last question is about winterizatiion of the fresh water system. Has anyone installed the pump converter winterizing kit from camping world? It seems to be very difficult to get to the water pump.
I looked into the warranties and decided to bypass these for the time being as the $$ parts of the trailer - being the appliances come with 2 years.. I may get a warranty from Good Sam in the coming years.. Pocket the payment for your insurance in the meantime and save for that "failure"..
As for winterizing.. Our trailer was blown out last year by a dealer and I did it this year - actually, twice as I was a little nervous.. I did get 1/4 cup or so of water out of the low point on the second go-around. I believe we have PEX tubing which is a major plus. I also left all faucets and the water tank and low point drains open and covered with a zip lock bag.. A few small holes in the bottom of the bags, in the event additional water drains out.. These bags are an attempt to keep dust and dirt out..
I also bought a valve assembly for the water pump or wet winterizing, and you are right, not much room to work in there, never installed it..
The mattress, we received 250.00 credit towards a new mattress under warranty, I also reinforced the frame. When we did, I found the frame to trailer mount had pulled away from the wall.. I place some box aluminum in place of the wood (not attached to the wall) and no more issues as of today.. If you need a link to my post shot me a note..
Enjoy your trailer!!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 10:55 PM   #717

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBOATER View Post
We also passed on the extended warranity. We have just completed our second season and have not had any additonal issues that would require warranity work. For winterization last year we had the dealer take care of it. For this year we did it ourselves last weekend.

Grizz

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #718

Thanks for the info, dgrant09 and Grizz, I was also thinking of holding off on the extended warranity. We've had a great experience in our first year with A travel trailer and had no major issues with our Cougar High Country. I guess the only thing I'm worried about is the slide outs (motors), and the roof, but after following this forum since the beginning it seems that no one had any of these problems.
BKBOATER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 07:42 PM   #719

Just finished putting the trailer away for the winter. Just wanted to pass something on to anyone that maybe interested. Early in Sept. I had the trailer wheels balanced and the tire store was suprised at how much weight it took to balance each wheel, avg was 2.5 ounces. Have noticed since the tire balance that when we tow the trailer we don not have any glasses or other items shifting or moving it the cabinets. Everything is still in the same spot as when we started out.
rlagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 12:50 AM   #720

yes indeed, balancing the wheels will make things travel much better. I have been balancing our tires and wheels for many a year now. My BIL was a truck driver and he told me the benefits of balancing the wheels of my TT. glad I listened to him.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:44 PM   #721

Slide Manufacturer

Does anyone know who manufactures the slide on the 321RES? I found a website with quite a bit of useful info about Accu-Slide and wasn't sure what brand we had.

BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
Old 10-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #722

Quote:
Originally Posted by thayer027 View Post
Does anyone know who manufactures the slide on the 321RES? I found a website with quite a bit of useful info about Accu-Slide and wasn't sure what brand we had.

BAL - Innovative Products for the RV Industry
I had no idea the slides were not from Keystone, or are we talking about the slide mechanisms? Interesting?? This would be nice to know with the warranty done!!
Old 10-25-2012, 11:16 PM   #723

Front Fiberglass Crack

We found some small cracking in the front of our trailer, right where the propane cover seats, on the drivers side, a little above the cover extending into the propane storage are. The shop said this is a small stress crack and I should not worry, as many RV's do this.. Hmmmm
I will mark it next year with tape and watch it..
Has anyone else seen this?
Old 10-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #724

I wrote an email to a guy at keystone back where they make the high country 321 and will get back to you tomorrow on the manufacture and any more info he sends me.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 AM   #725

I was told the slides are made by BAL industries. Many months ago a member posted the following link to information about the slides. Hope it helps. http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml
Old 11-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #726

Slide Motors

Has anyone located where the slide motors are located for the rear slides? The bedroom slide motor is under the bed mounted to the floor. I"m not having any issues, just would like to know for reference.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #727

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
My sister and brother-in-law just got a new one....there is a water leak between the bathroom and kitchen. Water pools up on the floor- they are on the road and had to find a dealer to look at it. Yesterday they took it in to Pan Pacific in French Camp and were told they'd have to pull the shower out. They won't be able to complete their trip and will have to go back home using their water pump which operates on lower pressure.

They are happy with everything else and it's a great floor plan. They pull it with a 2011 Dodge Ram Laramie and a weight distributing hitch. They also added air bags to the truck.
puttin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #728

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post
Does anyone know if the factory rims on the 321 are rated for 80psi? I'm looking at upgrading the tires to load range E and would like to keep the OEM rims if possible. I have a call into Keystone but have not received a reply for several days now.

Thanks,
Mike
Finally heard back from Keystone regarding our wheels. The wheels are indeed rated to 2830 lbs (80psi) so changing to load range E tires will not be an issue.
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv