RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-17-2012, 12:07 AM   #799

he is right you know. there can be hidden damage. once we had a TT come in and it looked like a small roof leak and it turns out the entire front side wall was rotten and had to be replaced. Now I know you are saying leak is one thing and damage from a hit is different, but there still can be broken struts under the outer covering
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #800

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
Damn, doesn't that just piss ya off!!!

I called an RV collision repair place and sent the guy some pics and he says he has seen underlying problems and sometimes costing $2-$3,000 to repair...come on dude, its just a scrape!!! I think I can fix it myself with about $50 in stuff and make it look like new again! Just need to find some time and no rain to get it done...

Jimmie
x??many!!
If we could only get the hourly rate + that these folks charge!! We had the rear lower panel and two trim pieces replaced.. I am in the wrong business.. Barely dented the skirt.. But a lengthy dent!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:06 PM   #801

mods to be added in the next few weeks.

One Vent covers for all three vents.
Two Ball Chochks order, received and in place.
Three, adding shelves to cabinets that have waisted space because they are way to tall. I will cut peg board to fit the size of the side of the cabainet from top to bottom. The two peg board sides will be mirror images of each other. ie all holes line up. I will buy the metal slip pins that fit the peg board and are made for holding shelves. They are sold at most hardware stores. I will cut the shelves to slip fit between the peg board and sit on the pin holders. No screws need, shelves will rest on the slip pins in the peg board and will be held in place with tension. The cabainets in question are the one next to the stove, the cabanit under the bathroom sink, the cabanits in the rear on each side of the TV and finally the entire area in the very front storage compartment. By useing tension the shelf can be removed, as can the peg board holding the shelf holders. You would never know they were ever there. I also will be taking the two screws that hold the entire tv frame and reversing them so the head of the screw is toward the cable side. The cables hang up on the long screw side now and did break the connectors on our first Tv. By reversing the screws the cables dont hang up any more.
jim labowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 01:08 AM   #802

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim labowsky View Post
One Vent covers for all three vents.
Two Ball Chochks order, received and in place.
Three, adding shelves to cabinets that have waisted space because they are way to tall. I will cut peg board to fit the size of the side of the cabainet from top to bottom. The two peg board sides will be mirror images of each other. ie all holes line up. I will buy the metal slip pins that fit the peg board and are made for holding shelves. They are sold at most hardware stores. I will cut the shelves to slip fit between the peg board and sit on the pin holders. No screws need, shelves will rest on the slip pins in the peg board and will be held in place with tension. The cabainets in question are the one next to the stove, the cabanit under the bathroom sink, the cabanits in the rear on each side of the TV and finally the entire area in the very front storage compartment. By useing tension the shelf can be removed, as can the peg board holding the shelf holders. You would never know they were ever there. I also will be taking the two screws that hold the entire tv frame and reversing them so the head of the screw is toward the cable side. The cables hang up on the long screw side now and did break the connectors on our first Tv. By reversing the screws the cables dont hang up any more.
Would love to see some pictures of the cabinet moods! ;-)
Old 12-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #803

Another idea. I put plastic gards over the three vents. I bought the guards but instead of putting the guards on they way the instructions showed I reversed the front tabs so that they are up across the top instead of down. I then took a larger nut and used it as a spacer between the tab and the roof vent. This raised the fron of the vent about 1 1/2 inch higher then the back and allows me to open the vent top all the way.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #804

Space Saver Coffee Maker

Just curious if anyone has installed one of these, if so, where and how was it installed?
We are using a stove top percolator which makes good coffee, it just takes too long.. Plus, we could save a little storage space..
Thanks
Old 01-07-2013, 12:30 AM   #805

I haven't heard of anyone putting in one lately, but a few years back people were taking them out because they leaked so bad all over the counters
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:48 AM   #806

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
Just curious if anyone has installed one of these, if so, where and how was it installed?
We are using a stove top percolator which makes good coffee, it just takes too long.. Plus, we could save a little storage space..
Thanks
I just use my keurig
Smatt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #807

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
I haven't heard of anyone putting in one lately, but a few years back people were taking them out because they leaked so bad all over the counters
That is good to know.. Thanks!! I have also noticed there are none at the local stores such as Walmart/Target etc.. May be the reason, and a good reason to ditch that idea!!
Old 01-08-2013, 06:06 AM   #808

30 Amp & 50 AMP

30 Amp = 3600 Watts TOTAL.
50 Amp =12,000 Watts TOTAL

It's all explained right here:
RV Electric

Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #809

Quote:
Originally Posted by billb800si View Post
30 Amp & 50 AMP

30 Amp = 3600 Watts TOTAL.
50 Amp =12,000 Watts TOTAL

It's all explained right here:
RV Electric

Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)

Bill,

The 321 RES are delivered with 50 Amp service and installed by Keystone during the manufacturing process!
Thanks for the notes there - as I would certainly not try this at home..
As mentioned, I have a single AC unit and have no worries on 30Amp service - 2 AC units would be a different story - And yes, folks have have had the second AC wiring installed for delivery.. Read these 58 pages..
;-)
"Happy Trails" Would like a beer with ya someday if I ever leave this Great state!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 AM   #810

To the folks who have received a 2012 or 2013 321 RES - did you receive 30 or 50 Amp service power? Our 2011 is 50 amp (a surprise to us).. Curiosity here??
Thank you
Old 01-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #811

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
To the folks who have received a 2012 or 2013 321 RES - did you receive 30 or 50 Amp service power? Our 2011 is 50 amp (a surprise to us).. Curiosity here??
Thank you
If you have the 50 amp it means you have a second ac or the prep package for one... Everything else should be 30
Smatt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #812

Electric Service

We just received our 2012 res321. It came with the wiring for a second airconditioner already in place in the bedroom. Its electrical system is 50 amp. I have a Champion 4000watt peak/3500watt continous generator. It will run the air contidioner, freezer/fridge, and microwave all at the same time without bogging down. If the electric hot water heater should kick on while all the others are running it will trip the circut breaker. So I retested it by turning one appliances off at a time. Everything runs fine as long as you dont run them all at once. When we are making supper I will just switch the hot water heater over to prophane until we are done.

Tags
heartland, kz-rv