RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #827
Senior Member
 
Clayhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
Agreed, but understand the rear and front AC units are on seperate 110 legs of the 50 amp service (or should be, if installed correctly).
It came from the factory pre-wired for the bedroom AC. I hope Keystone would have done it that way.
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-15-2013, 05:34 AM   #828
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: S.E. Michigan
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post
It came from the factory pre-wired for the bedroom AC. I hope Keystone would have done it that way.
========================

And that my friends is why it's so important to know if your unit was wired for 50 Amp service and prep'd at the factory for a 2nd Air Conditioner.
Happy trails,
Bill B. (Michigan)
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:46 AM   #829
Junior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Hi Gang, just to add I took delivery on our new 321 in September 2012. I had the second AC unit installed at our dealership and the trailer was pre-wired for the second unit.
Ted
Ted48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:36 AM   #830
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 122
50 amp

you guys are getting a little testy here. all I said was I saw one advertised with a 13K A/C on it and wondered if some came with only 30 amps . good grief guys don't get your shorts all wired up.. the ones I have seen were all 50 amps. I am now wondering if the salesman who wrote the ad knew what he was talking about. and it doesn't matter what TT I own. I get around too,you know
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:59 PM   #831
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas Hill country near Leander texas
Posts: 22
Dumb Stupid me

Anyone done this? I closed the fridge/couch side of the expandable with the cabinet door next to the stove open. OUCH. CRUSH, SNAP, BREAK the two inch strip piece and the pannel above the sink cabinet doors. Nice crack. Ok so... took a piece of 1/2 inch by 7inch by 17inch maple veniered ply wood. The cross peice at the top of the doors is 2 inches wide, the panel above it is 5 inches. I took the maple ply wood 17 by 7, cut a 3/32 deep by 5 inch section out of it. Now this piece matches the borken area back side. I put elmers inter/exterion glue on all of it and put it up under the sink behind the cracked area. I then took a 2 inch piece of ply wood and clamped the two pieces together. I then took a 6 by 5 inch piece and clamped the borken 5 panel between the glued piece and the 6 by 5 piece. Left it there for two days. Took all the clampe off, and the front flating pieces off. No crack. Everything is smoth. I then took some cherry stain and with a real fne brush covered the crack then wiped the stain off. You cant tell it ever happened.
jim labowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 PM   #832
Senior Member
 
Clayhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 105
There are those that have and those that will...
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #833
Senior Member
 
Clayhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 105
Upgraded Wheels & Tires

Finally got the new wheels and tires put on the 321. I changed the wheels to 16" and went with the Bridgestone Duravis R500 highway tires. New new tires are LT235/85/16E and rated for 3042 lbs each (about 500 lbs each more than the stock tires). The larger diameter sits the TT up about 1.5" which doesn't seem to affect driveability.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CHC321 Wheels.JPG
Views:	51
Size:	403.0 KB
ID:	32156  
__________________
Clayhammer - Mike
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40-TGP
DW: 1969 Tucsonan in Like-New Condition
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:45 PM   #834
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas Hill country near Leander texas
Posts: 22
Keystone and my Dealer. Your gona love this.

We took our brand new 321, never used, in to have some minor repairs done. You know adjust this and that and the bed was pulled out of the wall. I also complained about the bed sagging. They fixed everthing and WERE going to put a 1/2 inche sheet of plywood over the bed frame to stop the sagging. Guess what.... KESTONE said no. The addition of the playwood was a UPGRADE. I am not kidding. I am making my own fix. Just thought you would enjoy how frugal/CHEEP... KEYSTONE is.
jim labowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:46 AM   #835
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post
Finally got the new wheels and tires put on the 321. I changed the wheels to 16" and went with the Bridgestone Duravis R500 highway tires. New new tires are LT235/85/16E and rated for 3042 lbs each (about 500 lbs each more than the stock tires). The larger diameter sits the TT up about 1.5" which doesn't seem to affect driveability.
Nice upgrade!!!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #836
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim labowsky View Post
Anyone done this? I closed the fridge/couch side of the expandable with the cabinet door next to the stove open. OUCH. CRUSH, SNAP, BREAK the two inch strip piece and the pannel above the sink cabinet doors. Nice crack. Ok so... took a piece of 1/2 inch by 7inch by 17inch maple veniered ply wood. The cross peice at the top of the doors is 2 inches wide, the panel above it is 5 inches. I took the maple ply wood 17 by 7, cut a 3/32 deep by 5 inch section out of it. Now this piece matches the borken area back side. I put elmers inter/exterion glue on all of it and put it up under the sink behind the cracked area. I then took a 2 inch piece of ply wood and clamped the two pieces together. I then took a 6 by 5 inch piece and clamped the borken 5 panel between the glued piece and the 6 by 5 piece. Left it there for two days. Took all the clampe off, and the front flating pieces off. No crack. Everything is smoth. I then took some cherry stain and with a real fne brush covered the crack then wiped the stain off. You cant tell it ever happened.
I fessed up to the faucet incident awhile ago- 1500 or so in repairs!! Plus one remote crunched (fell out of the cabinet enroute), and one garbage can crushed!!
Now anytime I move the slides, I clear it.. Inside and out!! There will be other learning curves but if I slow down, the curves will be smaller and easier to repair!! I may start a checklist, like the one in our planes..
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:20 AM   #837
Junior Member
 
Ford Super Duty Owner
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post
Finally got the new wheels and tires put on the 321. I changed the wheels to 16" and went with the Bridgestone Duravis R500 highway tires. New new tires are LT235/85/16E and rated for 3042 lbs each (about 500 lbs each more than the stock tires). The larger diameter sits the TT up about 1.5" which doesn't seem to affect driveability.
Very nice looking wheel and tires!
Ted48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #838
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Monmouth, OR
Posts: 54
Back up camera for your 321

Hi folks, wondering if any of you have installed or are considering a back up or rearview camera on your 321. If so did you go wireless or hard wired? Thanks!

Grizz
__________________
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Diesel with Jake Brake

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 PM   #839
Senior Member
 
Clayhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
Hi folks, wondering if any of you have installed or are considering a back up or rearview camera on your 321. If so did you go wireless or hard wired? Thanks!

Grizz
Getting ready to put one on the TV. I hadn't thought about one for the TT. Besides, my wife really likes yelling and giving me hand gestures...
__________________
Clayhammer - Mike
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40-TGP
DW: 1969 Tucsonan in Like-New Condition
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #840
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Monmouth, OR
Posts: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post
Getting ready to put one on the TV. I hadn't thought about one for the TT. Besides, my wife really likes yelling and giving me hand gestures...
Funny you should say that. On the return from our last outing DW was guiding me into our parking space for the trailer when the batteries in her radio went dead......the results were not to bad, I only need to replace the rain gutter on the house that was crushed by the spare tire on the trailer. It would have been much worse if DW had not rapidly moved to the yelling and excited hand gestures. Anyway I'm thinking a camera back there may end up paying for itself in the long run.
__________________
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Diesel with Jake Brake

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heartland, kz-rv



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cougar FW rim size Groveite Keystone 14 01-29-2011 06:25 PM
window replacement - Keystone Cougar Groveite RV Systems & Appliances 6 09-20-2010 09:13 PM
Contemplating Cougar 326MKS 5er byrdr1 5th Wheel Discussion 2 09-06-2010 02:29 PM
Cougar fifth wheel MSRP? rvrat 5th Wheel Discussion 13 08-09-2010 12:07 AM
110v Res. Fridg--Generator usage Waterdog4315 Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 7 03-03-2010 03:56 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.