Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #855

Converter Size

I noticed the manual for the WFCO converter that came with our rigs covers several sizes from 35A up to 75A. Do any of you know which one we have? I don't really want to pull the electrical distribution panel to find out. Just hoping someone else may already have checked.
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 AM   #856

2 x2 bed holding problem

Our 2 x 2 bed attachement also failed, screws pulled out of the wall. Our dealer fixed it by taking a 2 x 4 and spreading glue over the wall side of the 2 x 4 and then screwing it into the wall below the original 2x2 and then screwing the original 2 x 2 into the 2 x 4. Not the way I would have done it but they told me anything I do, and then have a problem with, will not be coverd by warrantey. Everything that can be fixed has been fixed. I still have cabinet door and pannel problems but they have to be ordered. We are off on a two month trip down to the gulf coast. We leave this Saturday. This will be our first long range outing with the 321.
jim labowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #857

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim labowsky View Post
Our 2 x 2 bed attachement also failed, screws pulled out of the wall. Our dealer fixed it by taking a 2 x 4 and spreading glue over the wall side of the 2 x 4 and then screwing it into the wall below the original 2x2 and then screwing the original 2 x 2 into the 2 x 4. Not the way I would have done it but they told me anything I do, and then have a problem with, will not be coverd by warrantey. Everything that can be fixed has been fixed. I still have cabinet door and pannel problems but they have to be ordered. We are off on a two month trip down to the gulf coast. We leave this Saturday. This will be our first long range outing with the 321.
Have a great trip Jim! Look forward to hearing about your experiences on a long outing. Are you staying at one place or will you be moving frequently?
Old 01-23-2013, 04:21 PM   #858

Yep, ours has pulled away as well. I noticed it when I was fixing the bed frame and beefing it up. After wrestling with that f'ing mattress inside the trailer that day, I decided that I would fix the 2x2 another day...have yet to do that.

Have a great trip Jim...How far on the Gulf Coast are you traveling?

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 05:45 AM   #859

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim labowsky View Post
Good luck on your trip Jim! We'll be thinking of you so keep us informed and stay safe.
Ted & Karen
Ted48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #860

We are heading for a place called Gateway RV park in Raymondsville Texas. Its about 15 miles from the gulf. Fishing is suppose to be great. Cost is 220 per month and you pay your own electric. They provide water and sewer. They have a rather extensive and active schedule for retirees. The park only accepts retirees or those over 55. Day time temp usually aound 70/80 night time around 50/60. The park is about 25 miles from the Mexican border. We have no desire to go to Mexico. Scarry place.
jim labowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #861

I'm pondering trading my 2011 321RES in on a new fifth wheel. I figured I'd throw it out here and see if anyone were interested. Can discuss pricing and what not if theres any interest. send a PM
Smatt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 03:33 PM   #862

Equal-i-zer Hitch & Tongue Weight

Not quite sure why but, I decided to go through the entire hitch set-up just to see if anything could be improved. I've always noticed the wind and 18-wheelers passing quite a bit but, thought it was just me not being experienced towing anything this long. Boy, am I glad I did! The dealer offered to install the hitch as part of the deal and I figured they knew what they were doing. After going through the procedure of measuring and re-measuring, I discovered the original installation was WAY off. We just got back from a weekend outing and I can't believe how much better it tows with the correct set-up! Now, there's practically no sway from the big-rigs or wind and the TV feels much more connected with the pavement. If any of you had your Equal-i-zer installed by someone else, I highly recommend going through it yourself or getting a second look. This may have just saved us $40-50K as we were considering getting a different TV for better drivability.

I also purchased a Sherline tongue weight scale rated up to 2000 lbs. With the TT ready for travel, full LP, no water in the tank, a pair of Trojan T-125 6V batteries, the weight at the tongue jack came in at exactly 1200 lbs. The weight at the coupler should be a few pounds less and I'll get that number before our next trip. Full water will unload the tongue a bit but it ends up in the holding tanks which is in front of the axles.
Old 02-02-2013, 07:10 PM   #863

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smatt79 View Post
I'm pondering trading my 2011 321RES in on a new fifth wheel. I figured I'd throw it out here and see if anyone were interested. Can discuss pricing and what not if theres any interest. send a PM
Just out of curiosity, what 5th wheel units are you considering? I think our next rig will be a 5'r but, that's a few years off...
Old 02-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #864

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post

Just out of curiosity, what 5th wheel units are you considering? I think our next rig will be a 5'r but, that's a few years off...
Blackwood by redwood. Nice units. Mine might be a while off also at this point :-/
Smatt79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:53 PM   #865

Would one of you fine folks want to do a gal a favor?

We have also gone to great lengths to fix/beef up/redesign/replace that darn sagging mattress and sorry excuse for a hinge system. We improved the sag issue with a half sheet of 1/4" plywood. Of course the shocks are now a bit undersized. We have access to free shocks and will just double them up for now.

But I need the model number, length and picture if anyone has one. Our camper is in storage until April, and we want to hit the ground running when camping season FINALLY rolls around.

Thanks in advance,
Kathy
kittykath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:47 PM   #866

Kathy,
If it can wait until this weekend, I will get those specs for you since our Cougar is parked next to the house...just can't get in it at the moment that I will explain later...when I get what is cracked, fixed

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #867

First post,

I have read all 62 pages... whew! I am picking up our 321res on Valentines day. Hopefully everything goes well..

Thanks for all the information,
Dean
55post is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #868

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55post View Post
First post,

I have read all 62 pages... whew! I am picking up our 321res on Valentines day. Hopefully everything goes well..

Thanks for all the information,
Dean
Congrats Dean and welcome to the forum!

Tags
heartland, kz-rv