RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-27-2014, 11:46 PM   #1079
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by WE RV 2 View Post
Does yours have the sheet metal on it
I cannot get into the top exterior vent yet, we are still in storage, but no sheet metal in the lower.. Maybe call Dometic and ask.. Our trailer in a 2011, maybe a little different from the newer ones..
Interesting issue to figure out before warranties expire..
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #1080
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Fridge sheet metal

[QUOTE=WE RV 2;2027682]Does yours have the sheet metal on it
We have a 2013 321res and yes we have that same sheet metal that covers 2/3 of the opening on the top fridge vent. We ran into a noise problem in Palm Springs this winter when the temp got above 90 and the fan would cut in. Apparently it is designed to give extra cooling for the fridge in high temps and is not installed on all fridges. I was thinking of cutting part of the sheet metal to give it more air and be able to service the fan, blow out the dessert sand and oil the shaft and bearing. We have parked our unit down there so we don't plan on pulling it and cutting the sheet metal for us would not give us a moisture problem when towing in the rain.
EE2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #1081
Member
 
WE RV 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
Thanks ever one I didn,t know what was going on with the noise fan
WE RV 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:54 PM   #1082
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 10
2014 321RES hitch height

Greetings,
Would anyone happen to know what the height to the top of the hitch ball coupler is on a level front to rear 2014 321RES that is empty and/or when reasonably loaded with water, gear etc.

Thanks in advance,
P2G
__________________
2014 3500 Ram CC Cummins/ASIN 4X4 DRW 3.73
Packed2Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 12:21 PM   #1083
Junior Member
 
Coastal Campers
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ridgeville, SC
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcamping View Post
We first noticed the cap getting a dull finish a couple months ago and it was almost instantaneous. The cap on the Cougar was so shiny that you could see yourself in it...like a good car paint job. The sides are still in good shape. We didn't use our trailer for a few months this summer and when we went to get it from storage we noticed it didn't look the same.
Your right...it's been a while since anyone has posted anything here about the 321RES. We love our trailer but are very disappointed about the paint on the cap. Ours is now put 'to sleep' for the winter.
I'm having the same issue with the fading front cap. Has anyone tried the Zep Floor wax?
pkemmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:35 PM   #1084
Member
 
WE RV 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 87
321 High Country

Been camping quite a few times with no issues love it.O had to change the bathroom door lock just to be able to lock it and raise our table ( bumping knees
WE RV 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2014, 01:44 PM   #1085
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Unhappy Water Tank Damage

We finally got to take the trailer out over the 4th and at our first stop we had water coming of the belly, no rain that day.
After we set up, I realized we could hold about 1/3 a tank of water. When we got back home I dropped the belly cover and found the right rear corner of the tank was scrapping against the mount and the tank was free to move up and down about 2 - 2 1/2 inches.
After a quick visit to the RV shop, I learned that there should be a brace across the top of the tank to prevent this.
Fortunately, the tank will be repaired by a local plastics company this week.
When I get this re-installed, I'll take a few pictures to show how I intend on bracing it. I also learned that you should not run a hose at full pressure or leave unattended while filling, potential for damaging the tank.
I would strongly recommend folks check their tanks as these guys are expensive.
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 12:19 AM   #1086
Senior Member
 
Clayhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern Arizona
Posts: 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
We finally got to take the trailer out over the 4th and at our first stop we had water coming of the belly, no rain that day.
After we set up, I realized we could hold about 1/3 a tank of water. When we got back home I dropped the belly cover and found the right rear corner of the tank was scrapping against the mount and the tank was free to move up and down about 2 - 2 1/2 inches.
After a quick visit to the RV shop, I learned that there should be a brace across the top of the tank to prevent this.
Fortunately, the tank will be repaired by a local plastics company this week.
When I get this re-installed, I'll take a few pictures to show how I intend on bracing it. I also learned that you should not run a hose at full pressure or leave unattended while filling, potential for damaging the tank.
I would strongly recommend folks check their tanks as these guys are expensive.
Thanks for the info. Do you think the brace was missed during assembly or do you think it's a design flaw that may be present in all units?
__________________
Clayhammer - Mike
2003 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40-TGP
DW: 1969 Tucsonan in Like-New Condition
Clayhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 01:20 AM   #1087
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayhammer View Post
Thanks for the info. Do you think the brace was missed during assembly or do you think it's a design flaw that may be present in all units?
Possibly a design flaw, as there is no evidence of a missing brace.. It is a
pain to get to, but may be worth the time to look at. The PIA in this is the rear stabilizers. You do not have to disconnect the power leads, just the battery. Our's is currently strapped to the bumper..

The tank is ready for pickup!! One day, 80.00, awesome!!
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:10 AM   #1088
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Water Tank Damage

Here is a picture of the tank in the RV..
I circled a portion of it. In the lower part is the rear tank support, to the lower left is a piece of angle iron used to stop the left - right movement, on top of the rear tank support is an ice pick. The tank easily had 2 1/2 inches of vertical movement. On this corner of the tank, you can see where it was repaired.
To reduce the vertical movement (which damaged the tank), I am using hanger or plumbers tape from left to right across the front and rear. To protect the corners, I got a piece of UHMW, cut it into 15"x6" strips, then bolting this to the tape with 2 bolts away from the tank. You can bend this, however, it has not been easy. The two pieces for the aft strap are under weights in the garage and hopefully this will give them a little memory with the bend. I should have had the plastic company bend these for me, at least to 45 degrees. The front pads were very hard to get into place.
I did not want the tape tight as the tank does expand, in the front I now have about 1/2" vertical movement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Water Tank.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	67810  
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:49 AM   #1089
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
Here is a picture of the tank in the RV..
I circled a portion of it. In the lower part is the rear tank support, to the lower left is a piece of angle iron used to stop the left - right movement, on top of the rear tank support is an ice pick. The tank easily had 2 1/2 inches of vertical movement. On this corner of the tank, you can see where it was repaired.
To reduce the vertical movement (which damaged the tank), I am using hanger or plumbers tape from left to right across the front and rear. To protect the corners, I got a piece of UHMW, cut it into 15"x6" strips, then bolting this to the tape with 2 bolts away from the tank. You can bend this, however, it has not been easy. The two pieces for the aft strap are under weights in the garage and hopefully this will give them a little memory with the bend. I should have had the plastic company bend these for me, at least to 45 degrees. The front pads were very hard to get into place.
I did not want the tape tight as the tank does expand, in the front I now have about 1/2" vertical movement.
The UHMW was free as it was scrap from the plastic shop.
6" wide x 60" long.
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 10:47 AM   #1090
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 12
Fading front cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkemmerlin View Post
I'm having the same issue with the fading front cap. Has anyone tried the Zep Floor wax?
We have our trailer in Palm Springs year round and we noticed our cap on our 321 is fading on top as well. There are over 1200 units in our park and have been asking around if any other RVs are experiencing the same problem. What I found out is that many other trailers and motor homes are running into the same problem and some of these units are over $200K. Apparently the problem is not
Enough clear coat was applied on the top of the cap in the factory. We had our unit professionally cleaned and polished by one of the best in the area, right now it is covered with and Adco cover. When we remove the cover in fall we will have a better idea if his products work and how long they last. I will keep you informed this fall.
EE2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 11:50 PM   #1091
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Monmouth, OR
Posts: 54
Water Tank Damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgrant09 View Post
Here is a picture of the tank in the RV..
I circled a portion of it. In the lower part is the rear tank support, to the lower left is a piece of angle iron used to stop the left - right movement, on top of the rear tank support is an ice pick. The tank easily had 2 1/2 inches of vertical movement. On this corner of the tank, you can see where it was repaired.
To reduce the vertical movement (which damaged the tank), I am using hanger or plumbers tape from left to right across the front and rear. To protect the corners, I got a piece of UHMW, cut it into 15"x6" strips, then bolting this to the tape with 2 bolts away from the tank. You can bend this, however, it has not been easy. The two pieces for the aft strap are under weights in the garage and hopefully this will give them a little memory with the bend. I should have had the plastic company bend these for me, at least to 45 degrees. The front pads were very hard to get into place.
I did not want the tape tight as the tank does expand, in the front I now have about 1/2" vertical movement.
DGrant, thanks for sharing, since mine was made at the same time I probably have the same issue. Have not had any water leaking yet but I usually only run with about a third of a tank or less. I will probably wait until this fall to dig into it.

Grizz
__________________
TV 2006 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Diesel with Jake Brake

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 08:20 AM   #1092
Senior Member
 
dgrant09's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Palmer, AK
Posts: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
DGrant, thanks for sharing, since mine was made at the same time I probably have the same issue. Have not had any water leaking yet but I usually only run with about a third of a tank or less. I will probably wait until this fall to dig into it.

Grizz
This can easily be checked. Forward of the rear stabilizer, remove about five screws holding the under cover on, on the driver side, then you should be able to reach in and push the tank upwards. If it travels about the braces, I would find a way to secure it. I stuck with the hanger tape, however, i had to run two more straps on the sides of the tank to keep the rear strap on. Now that I am done, I think I might have been better off using sheet metal..
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
heartland, kz-rv



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cougar FW rim size Groveite Keystone 14 01-29-2011 06:25 PM
window replacement - Keystone Cougar Groveite RV Systems & Appliances 6 09-20-2010 09:13 PM
Contemplating Cougar 326MKS 5er byrdr1 5th Wheel Discussion 2 09-06-2010 02:29 PM
Cougar fifth wheel MSRP? rvrat 5th Wheel Discussion 13 08-09-2010 12:07 AM
110v Res. Fridg--Generator usage Waterdog4315 Alpine Coach Owner's Forum 7 03-03-2010 03:56 PM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.