RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-21-2011, 04:54 AM   #99

Yea I made the PDI guy give me a towel for the table so it wouldn't get scratched - worked out well for our 1,000 mile trip home. I have some heavy duty foam at work somewhere that I think I will make something for that spot. Will do on the mattress. Was pretty comfortable the first night without any mattress pad, so I figured it should be really comfortable with all of the wife's padding she puts on the bed. Thanks for all the tips!

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2011, 11:12 AM   #100

Forest River Owners Club
Instead of playing with towels or foam, just have your dealer move your table an inch closer to the window like it should be. Why put a bandaid on a brand new RV? ilc, I don't have any experience with the Husky hitches, but it's probably one of two things. Hopefully, it' just out of adjustment. However it may be an inferior design. I remember recommending you go with an Equalizer or a Reese Straight Line. It's a lot of trailer to keep straight. Hope everyone gets their units up to snuff. Ours has been in for two weeks now for the axle swap and the laundry list of items that are broken or out of adjustment. Not camping til labor day so we should be safe....
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:09 PM   #101

321RES Owners,

Here are links to some of your missing manuals. You're going to need them.

Tongue Jack:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners_Manuals/Leveling/om-electric-tongue-jack-v2-web.pdf

Stabilizers:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/Owners_Manuals/Leveling/om-rear-electric-stabilizer-jack-web21.pdf

Slideouts:
http://norcoind.com/bal/products/oem/accuslide/index.shtml

Remote control:
http://www.lci1.com/images/Flyers/LIPSheets/Electronics/0146-digital-wireless-system-lcd-remote-2nd-gen.pdf

Awning:
?

Electronic Panel:
?
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 04:35 PM   #102

@taken....the dealer is now 1,000 miles away and it is not a big deal to place some foam on the end of the table for transport - maybe a foam noodle sliced down the middle for protection. I know, you warned of long distance dealers, but with a savings of $15,000, I think I can use some foam to alleviate the problem and not have the table so close to the window that I can't get the shade up.

@JimEli...thanks for the "missing" manuals! My big thing while we were PDI'ing was how do I close the slide-outs in the event of failure. Of course the PDI guy was not familiar with this unit and had no answer. Our sales person was right on the phone with Keystone and found out about the access panel on the bottom of the trailer but they really had no idea on how this was accomplished. I'm still not sure how to accomplish this and hope that I never have to. Its Ironic that the dealer says to just check the Keystone manual and the Keystone manual says to see accompanying literature that is no where to be found...Hmmm.

All things considered...I'm still really happy with my decision to get this unit and can't wait to go in a couple of weeks!!!

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 01:31 PM   #103

Hi Folks,
Great info here, new to the forum but I have been reading for a while. I have also put a deposit down with Pete's on 7/14 and initially was supposed to be able to pick up on 8/2 but was told that the factory had closed for 3 days because of heat and that had delayed many units. I'm located near Dallas TX and this summer has been brutal. Any advice about Pete's would be appreciated. I plan on camping a day or two near them before heading back. They said Emerald trails was close anyone have experience there.
Thanks
clickster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #104

We received our 321RES back from the dealer. All of our issues have been addressed:
1. Axles replaced per recall.
2. Fresh water leak was both a loose and broken fitting.
3. Grey water tank leak was construction debris in the valve.
4. Wallpaper trim was replaced (much of it was missing), and so far appears to adhere better.

I received a follow-up call from a Customer Service rep at Keystone. He simply stated “we expect issues like this after initial shipment and delivery.” My advice to new owners is to do an immediate and thorough check of the trailer well before the expiration of the initial 90 day warranty period.
Old 08-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #105

JimEli....I'm not sure what you mean by the 'initial 90 day warranty period"??
So glad your dealer took good care and fixed everything for you....Did your mattress need replaced?
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #106

Forest River Owners Club
Right, warranty is not 90 days. The mattress will need replaced and once it does, the struts on the bed will need replaced to hold the new heavier mattress.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:48 PM   #107

Thanks TAKEN...I knew we had a 1 year. We're still working on a couple of the issues we have such as the mattress, etc. We have the problem of not buying locally. One dealer said he could take care of us but not until his own customer work slows down which may not be until the end of Oct. or on in to Nov. I email Keystone and told them the 3 local dealers they said could do it....won't.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 10:09 PM   #108

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcamping View Post
Thanks TAKEN...I knew we had a 1 year. We're still working on a couple of the issues we have such as the mattress, etc. We have the problem of not buying locally. One dealer said he could take care of us but not until his own customer work slows down which may not be until the end of Oct. or on in to Nov. I email Keystone and told them the 3 local dealers they said could do it....won't.
Man, I feel your pain. I am a super shopper. Bought my snowmobiles 4 hours away, bought our vehicles out of state, etc. The difference was, all those things can be serviced locally because the warranty ensures it. With our boat and our camper, we bought local to avoid issues of this sort since boat and RV dealers aren't required to warranty service units they didn't sell. Funny thing is that our boat and camper have required more warranty service than any other toy we have purchased and we buy a lot! I'm really not trying to be the "I told you so" guy, but on this issue, I'm glad I made the decision I did. Relative to price, boats and rv's are really low on quality despite the beauty of their design....
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcamping View Post
JimEli....I'm not sure what you mean by the 'initial 90 day warranty period"??
So glad your dealer took good care and fixed everything for you....Did your mattress need replaced?
We did not replace our mattress.

Keystone warrants workmanship for 1 year.

Equipment not manufactured by Keystone is covered by manufacturer warranty (i.e. refrigerator, awning, jacks, tires, etc.).

Keystone allows for a 90 day period for "adjustments."
Old 08-29-2011, 11:07 AM   #110

Forest River Owners Club
Seems like your dealer is splitting hairs. Ours is over 90 days and just got finished getting a ton of "adjustments" all covered by the one year warranty....
Old 08-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #111

updated links.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:44 PM   #112

Hurricane Irene

Happy to report that our 321res made it through the Hurricane with very little damage. However there are 2 spots where the carpet is soaked. One is right at the corner of where the bed meets the wall. The other is on the slide right where the kitchen table is. I assume with the heavy rain and the way it was blowing, the seals on the slide were not good enough to keep the rain out. At least this is what I am hoping. I have added this to my list of items that I need the dealer to look at.
ScoobySue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv