Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:58 AM   #239

Hello Everyone newbie here lol. I picked up my brand new 321RES in October, I have read this thread from the very beginning and it is very useful and you all seem very knowledgeable! After reading everything I have gotten a little worried about whats to come with the TT in the future. I bought the 2012 HC to live in because my Fiance and I were tired of throwing money away on rent and i needed to be versatile with work. Eventually we plan to buy a piece of land and build a house and use this in the mean time. I absolutely love everything about the TT that's why we decided on it, and here is the but.... The Second day i had it the AC stopped blowing cold. I called the dealership and told them. They told me that the AC is a completely sealed unit and that it cannot be worked on and that it would need to be replaced.. Ok, I finally got them to come out and replace the AC in which case i opted to go with the white cover instead of the black that came stock, thinking that it would cut down on heat in the condenser. 3rd time using new AC, no bueno it is doing the same thing the first one did. The tech told me that it was a fluke that I had gotten a bad unit with a freon leak the first time. Its crazy to think i have gotten another fluke lemon AC.... Have any of you all had any AC troubles? I am running off a generator now which the tech said should be plenty good to run the AC... My first TT ownership experience is not turning out to good... :(
Radney711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-23-2011, 07:38 AM   #240

Forest River Owners Club
No issues that I've read about or had with the ac. I would say, if this one goes, you must have another issue. Is your generator up to the task? What's the make, model, and specs on it? Anyways, congratulations on the purchase. As for living in it, well.... if you're good at fixing things then I guess it's doable. As I said to a previous poster, the quality of this or any other TT is made for occasional use. Things will wear out and break on you, but if you know that up front, then you can be ready when it happens. Keeps us posted on the experience....
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #241

Our Vizio TV has stopped receiving signals. I put up the antenna and do an auto channel scan and it finds nothing. I'm downtown Scottsdale, so I no there are A&D signals in the air. The DVD input works. The cables got caught on a retraction once, and the DVD cable was damaged. I replaced the coaxial cable but still nothing. Maybe the connector on the TV is damaged?

Am I missing something, or do I need to take this (too) back to the dealer.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:23 AM   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
No issues that I've read about or had with the ac. I would say, if this one goes, you must have another issue. Is your generator up to the task? What's the make, model, and specs on it? Anyways, congratulations on the purchase. As for living in it, well.... if you're good at fixing things then I guess it's doable. As I said to a previous poster, the quality of this or any other TT is made for occasional use. Things will wear out and break on you, but if you know that up front, then you can be ready when it happens. Keeps us posted on the experience....
First thank you for the welcome!
The Generator is a General from Lowes with a 30amp plug.
  • Running 3000 watts / Peak 3500 watts
  • Intelligauge? (displays - volts, frequency/Hz & operating hours)
  • Integrated control panel - 120-volt twist lock, 120-volt RV receptacle, 120-volt duplex receptacles
When the compressor first kicks on the lights dim and you can tell it pulls that initial load. When they replaced the first AC i let it run for a good 5 hours while it held a steady temp at 71 degrees with the compressor going off and on as needed and it worked fine. Non of the breakers flip on the gen or the TT ever. the second time I used it, it worked fine also. the third time and ever since it acts like everything is working right with the compressor kicking it but it is just not cooling anymore... Do you all have the Dometic AC with the Dometic digital thermostat? In my walk through of the trailer at the dealership the tech told me that there was most likely going to be a recall on the thermostat because if it gets over 115 degrees in the TT it will not work and that i would have to put a small fan over the thermostat to cool it. Saying that it has not been close to 115 in the trailer but i am wondering if the thermo is the problem. The hard thing is i cannot really do to much to it as tinkering because i do not want to void the warranty. The dealership is going to get back to me on Monday and I will post what they say. We are not actually living in the trailer yet until I have an electrician come out to wire in a 50amp hard line in the next week or so. It is on my parents land by their house so we are going to try and use facilities in the house to reduce wear and tear on the TT. Thanks again and i apologize if i ramble . Other than the AC everything has been great!!
Radney711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 08:28 AM   #243

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radney711 View Post
First thank you for the welcome!
The Generator is a General from Lowes with a 30amp plug.
  • Running 3000 watts / Peak 3500 watts
  • Intelligauge? (displays - volts, frequency/Hz & operating hours)
  • Integrated control panel - 120-volt twist lock, 120-volt RV receptacle, 120-volt duplex receptacles
When the compressor first kicks on the lights dim and you can tell it pulls that initial load. When they replaced the first AC i let it run for a good 5 hours while it held a steady temp at 71 degrees with the compressor going off and on as needed and it worked fine. Non of the breakers flip on the gen or the TT ever. the second time I used it, it worked fine also. the third time and ever since it acts like everything is working right with the compressor kicking it but it is just not cooling anymore... Do you all have the Dometic AC with the Dometic digital thermostat? In my walk through of the trailer at the dealership the tech told me that there was most likely going to be a recall on the thermostat because if it gets over 115 degrees in the TT it will not work and that i would have to put a small fan over the thermostat to cool it. Saying that it has not been close to 115 in the trailer but i am wondering if the thermo is the problem. The hard thing is i cannot really do to much to it as tinkering because i do not want to void the warranty. The dealership is going to get back to me on Monday and I will post what they say. We are not actually living in the trailer yet until I have an electrician come out to wire in a 50amp hard line in the next week or so. It is on my parents land by their house so we are going to try and use facilities in the house to reduce wear and tear on the TT. Thanks again and i apologize if i ramble . Other than the AC everything has been great!!
Generator sounds fine. As for the tstat, there is a special reset that can be done on it. It doesn't make sense that two ac units are doing the same thing. Have them call Dometic for the reset procedure on the thermostat. Mine had to be reset to get the furnace to run. They tried to talk me through it on the phone, but I couldn't get it. Brought it in, they did it, and it's worked since. Come to think of it, I should probably get that procedure printed out in case I need to do it in the future while on the road or out of warranty.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 AM   #244

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
Our Vizio TV has stopped receiving signals. I put up the antenna and do an auto channel scan and it finds nothing. I'm downtown Scottsdale, so I no there are A&D signals in the air. The DVD input works. The cables got caught on a retraction once, and the DVD cable was damaged. I replaced the coaxial cable but still nothing. Maybe the connector on the TV is damaged?

Am I missing something, or do I need to take this (too) back to the dealer.

Could be the connector on the tv. I was going to suggest you rotate the antenna, but if you are downtown, your should be surrounded by signal. I have to rotate my antenna when I am far out in ME etc., but usually am fine in a metro area. Make sure your tv is still set to antenna and not to cable in the setup menu as well. (If you didn't touch it, it should still be set right though...) Also, make sure your antenna booster is turned on with the button on the tv jack in your bedroom. Sometimes I forget and get nothing. Otherwise, to the dealer you go....
Old 11-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #245

Quote:
Generator sounds fine. As for the tstat, there is a special reset that can be done on it. It doesn't make sense that two ac units are doing the same thing. Have them call Dometic for the reset procedure on the thermostat. Mine had to be reset to get the furnace to run. They tried to talk me through it on the phone, but I couldn't get it. Brought it in, they did it, and it's worked since. Come to think of it, I should probably get that procedure printed out in case I need to do it in the future while on the road or out of warranty.
Awesome I will ask about that or try and call Dometic myself. If I get it I will post the directions if you have not yet. Thanks again!
Old 11-23-2011, 08:43 AM   #246

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radney711 View Post
Awesome I will ask about that or try and call Dometic myself. If I get it I will post the directions if you have not yet. Thanks again!

Excellent. Just make sure you let them know the exact model thermo you have and how many buttons it has. There is a much more common one out there with one more button than we have. You can find instructions all over the internet for that one, but ours is nowhere to be found online....
Old 11-24-2011, 08:37 AM   #247

Quote:
Could be the connector on the tv. I was going to suggest you rotate the antenna, but if you are downtown, your should be surrounded by signal. I have to rotate my antenna when I am far out in ME etc., but usually am fine in a metro area.
Thanks for the helpful hints. The TV issue was my bad. I simply turned the antenna about 30 degrees and, suddenly 19 DTV channels-but still no analog stations. I wonder if the Winegard Wingman I installed has anything to do with that?

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #248

Forest River Owners Club
No too many analog stations left out there Jim as of the 2009 changeover. Glad it's working for you and Happy Thanksgiving to you as well......
Old 11-24-2011, 08:47 PM   #249

Our Vizio had to be replaced after 10 days of use. The word Vizio lit up but the screen didn't. Dealer tried to figure it out and couldn't so they replaced it.
Just a side note...we've always been told that if you live in cold climate (we do)take your tv out for the winter. Dealers around us do too.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 07:19 AM   #250

Forest River Owners Club
I just chatted with Vizio support about this. Their reply was: "VIZIO TV's can withstand storage temperatures ranging from -5 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit. The recommended operating range is 40-95 degree's." Here in MA we rarely see below -5 so I'm not sure if I will bring ours in. What's everyone else doing?
Old 11-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #251

Quote:
What's everyone else doing?
I'm leaving mine in. If I EVER see -5 again, I'm moving farther south!!!

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #252

Forest River Owners Club
Just talked to my salesman from my dealer who happens to be a neighbor. He says they never pull any of them and never have a problem so I'm thinking mine is staying in.

Tags
heartland, kz-rv