Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 11-30-2011, 02:49 PM   #267

Quote:
Originally Posted by taken View Post
The jack knife it small between twin and full. The air bed is a queen. Yes, no air bed in jack knife....
how long do they open too,could a six foot tall person sleep in them?
davidjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2011, 02:57 PM   #268

Forest River Owners Club
The air mattress is like a regular queen. I'm 6'2" and there is plenty of room for me. The jack knife would be a tight squeeze, maybe if I slept at an angle, but would have to be alone and wouldn't be the best fit.
taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 03:11 PM   #269

Quote:
The air mattress is like a regular queen. I'm 6'2" and there is plenty of room for me. The jack knife would be a tight squeeze, maybe if I slept at an angle, but would have to be alone and wouldn't be the best fit.
If I am understanding you correctly, in the two sofa option one is a jack knife and the other is the air mattress? Thank You for your replies.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #270

Forest River Owners Club
Happy to help. Yes, if you get the two sofas, you get the air mattress hide a bed on the dinette side and a jack knife on the kitchen side. Just fyi, there is always a jack knife on the kitchen side. No other option. On the dinette side, you can get the hide a bed sofa, rockers, or recliners. We opted for the second sofa for more sleeping room. Also, Cougar's site says the air mattress is an option which it isn't. If you get the second couch, you get the air mattress.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:38 PM   #271

Quote:
Happy to help. Yes, if you get the two sofas, you get the air mattress hide a bed on the dinette side and a jack knife on the kitchen side. Just fyi, there is always a jack knife on the kitchen side. No other option. On the dinette side, you can get the hide a bed sofa, rockers, or recliners. We opted for the second sofa for more sleeping room. Also, Cougar's site says the air mattress is an option which it isn't. If you get the second couch, you get the air mattress.
I take it that there is a "fit issue " on the kitchen side that prevents 2 hide a beds.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:08 PM   #272

Forest River Owners Club
I believe so. The jack knife is shorter and JUST fits in that space.
Old 11-30-2011, 04:15 PM   #273

Hey guys,
In my (and Turtle1's) Cougar HC, the air mattress sofa is in the kitchen slide and the jack knife is on the dinette slide. No rhyme or reason to the construction of these units. You'd think that there would be some sort of "construction plans" to follow when they are building Cougar's...guess not!

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #274

Forest River Owners Club
Wow, that's surprising. I remember when ordering mine I actually spoke with Cougar directly and they told me it was always the way mine was. Guess "always" doesn't last long these days. LOL.
Old 12-01-2011, 06:32 AM   #275

We have the air mattress bed on the kitchen side and 2 recliners on the dinette side. We were told when we ordered ours that the air bed came only on the dinette side and so, with getting recliners, we would get the jack knife. Much to our happy surprise, we did get the air bed....which is the way we had hoped it would be. Thanks for the info about the furnace reset. We disconnect the battery so as to not drain it while it's parked during the summer and haven't had trouble with the furnace. We always take the battery out for the winter storage.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 06:57 AM   #276

Freightliner Owners Club
American Coach Owners Club
One thing I've noticed (I have another brand Keystone) is that they market the airbed as a "queen" when in fact a lot of them are actually "full" sized.

We had to replace our air mattress this year, and sure enough when I measured it, it was actually a full. Just something to be aware of, but it is definitely comfortable and every guest has raved about it!

Ours actually came with the "Aerobed Deluxe" mattress (Keystone uses another brand now) and we replaced it with the exact same one (from Bed Bath and Beyond).

go6car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 09:27 AM   #277

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by go6car View Post
One thing I've noticed (I have another brand Keystone) is that they market the airbed as a "queen" when in fact a lot of them are actually "full" sized.

We had to replace our air mattress this year, and sure enough when I measured it, it was actually a full. Just something to be aware of, but it is definitely comfortable and every guest has raved about it!

Ours actually came with the "Aerobed Deluxe" mattress (Keystone uses another brand now) and we replaced it with the exact same one (from Bed Bath and Beyond).

Ours is a real queen. 60X80. There certainly is product variation out there!!!
Old 12-01-2011, 04:35 PM   #278

Quote:
Ours is a real queen. 60X80. There certainly is product variation out there!!!
Wow 60x80 is fantastic, most or the beds I see in RVs are 74 inches long.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:08 PM   #279

One of the reasons I wanted this trailer - the 80" part in the main bedroom - I was tired of the head to toe thing in my old Outback with the rear slide-out queen bed. I had to sleep on an angle just to get a good night's sleep!

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #280

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcamping View Post
We have the air mattress bed on the kitchen side and 2 recliners on the dinette side. We were told when we ordered ours that the air bed came only on the dinette side and so, with getting recliners, we would get the jack knife. Much to our happy surprise, we did get the air bed....which is the way we had hoped it would be. Thanks for the info about the furnace reset. We disconnect the battery so as to not drain it while it's parked during the summer and haven't had trouble with the furnace. We always take the battery out for the winter storage.
You got the air bed on the kitchen side? Are you serious? They told me that was not possible even after I talked to the dealer AND Keystone multiple times? What year is yours? Mine is the 2012. I went with the 2 recliners on the dinette side and the stupid jack knife sofa bed on the other side. Do you think they would change it out to the air bed sofa like you said since that is what I really wanted and they told it was NOT possible? I'm still within my warranty period.
ScoobySue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heartland, kz-rv