Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 02-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #379

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I hear a bit on trailer pricing.. When we were looking at Cougars and we found the best pricing at that time at Terry Town RV, Grand Rapids - Even with the shipping to Alaska, we did pretty well.. With the price jumps this past year, I believe they would still hold a good price.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has had any success with quieting the water pump a bit..

Thanks
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #380

with out first looking at the pump and the set from the factory, I would guess to say a flexible water hose and a thick layer of foam under the pump. that is what I used to quiet the pump in my sand piper. hardly know it's running.
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 11:30 PM   #381

another question. between the bed room slide and living room slide, you have the fresh water hook up. is the locking door the out side shower or what is it. also there is a locking door on the aft side of the living room slide drivers side. what is that for? What I'm trying to find out is where is the valve to fill the fresh water tank?
Old 02-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #382

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
another question. between the bed room slide and living room slide, you have the fresh water hook up. is the locking door the out side shower or what is it. also there is a locking door on the aft side of the living room slide drivers side. what is that for? What I'm trying to find out is where is the valve to fill the fresh water tank?
Yes, small locking compartment between slides is outdoor shower, and small locking cover far aft driver-side is fresh water tank fill spout.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:11 PM   #383

Coastal Campers
Wet Carpet

We took our camper out for the first time this weekend. It was late when we arrived to the campground so we just did what was necessary to stay the night. The next day we had a good bit of rain. After the rain stopped we pulled the slides in to add some blocks under the tires to level. We pulled the slides back out and everything was fine. Later that day we had a heavy down pour and the carpet at the end of the dining table slide was wet. I also noticed the carpet under the Kitchen sofa was wet. The camper was not exactly level we had a little lean to the Kitchen side. I was thinking maybe the rubber didn’t seal when we pulled it back in. Any Ideals?

We also had to replace the fuse for the slide outs. The slide outs would not work from the control panel only the remote. We replaced the fuse and all is good.

We also have the same problem with the Dining table rubbing the cabinet.
pkemmerlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:30 PM   #384

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkemmerlin View Post
We took our camper out for the first time this weekend. It was late when we arrived to the campground so we just did what was necessary to stay the night. The next day we had a good bit of rain. After the rain stopped we pulled the slides in to add some blocks under the tires to level. We pulled the slides back out and everything was fine. Later that day we had a heavy down pour and the carpet at the end of the dining table slide was wet. I also noticed the carpet under the Kitchen sofa was wet. The camper was not exactly level we had a little lean to the Kitchen side. I was thinking maybe the rubber didn’t seal when we pulled it back in. Any Ideals?

We also had to replace the fuse for the slide outs. The slide outs would not work from the control panel only the remote. We replaced the fuse and all is good.

We also have the same problem with the Dining table rubbing the cabinet.

First time out in it huh? WOW ID head stright to the dealer red faced!!

I dont like hearing about this, 321 has water leak issues? NOT COOL (waiting for my order to come in)
martyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:05 PM   #385

I don't know if I've just been lucky so far...or what. We've been through some pretty good rain storms and so far no leaks. However there have been a few times I have had climb up on the roof and flip the seals out. Otherwise I'm pretty sure we would have had wet carpet! I'm also pretty picky about having it level.

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:05 AM   #386

We haven't had any water leaks and have been in some really bad storms. The only seal that has trouble moving out is on the kitchen slide toward the top. I carry a wood yardstick that reaches up to where I can push the seal out.
Our kitchen table also rubbed up against the sink cabinet and made a mark. I used a kitchen towel on the table to guard against further marking but when we took it back to our dealer for some other small items to be taken care of, they also took care of that problem.
You will enjoy the 321RES...
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 03:18 PM   #387

Well, I talked to the guys at the local RV dealers today and they said that all the issues you guys are having will be addressed at their place for me to make sure all is taken care of before I take possession of the Trailer. I know that these guys will do as they say. Bob told me that the price I will be getting from them is basically an insiders prices since I worked for them for two years. they wanted to treat me right. we talked about the free standing table and rubbing on the counter top. He said he just disconnected the table from the floor and turned it side ways and when he travels he just ties the four chairs to the table and away he goes with his. never has fallen over or rubbed on the wall or the counter. He said he has heard of guys moving the table closer to the window and basically centering it on the floor between the window and the counter top...Sure be glad when it gets here.
Old 02-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #388

Hey Grizz,
I see you and I have pretty much the same TV and TT setup with the Equalizer hitch. How do you have your hitch setup? What I mean is, how many washers in for tilt, what holes do you have your L brackets set at, how long is the shank that you are using. The reason I ask is, last weekend we towed the Cougar about 750 miles round trip and had a heck of a time keeping the trailer from swaying. Granted there was a little breeze all weekend, but when a minivan passes me and I can feel it, something is not set up right. I have never had this much sway since buying the trailer last August. When I arrived home and unhooked the tension bars, they were very loose...it seems that I cannot keep those bolts on the friction swivels tight even though I am torquing them to 65 lbs every time that we take the trailer out - and then they always loosen up. Talked to Progress Manufacturing today and Customer Service says to raise the L brackets one notch. Just curious...

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #389

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfpro View Post
Well, I talked to the guys at the local RV dealers today and they said that all the issues you guys are having will be addressed at their place for me to make sure all is taken care of before I take possession of the Trailer. I know that these guys will do as they say. Bob told me that the price I will be getting from them is basically an insiders prices since I worked for them for two years. they wanted to treat me right. we talked about the free standing table and rubbing on the counter top. He said he just disconnected the table from the floor and turned it side ways and when he travels he just ties the four chairs to the table and away he goes with his. never has fallen over or rubbed on the wall or the counter. He said he has heard of guys moving the table closer to the window and basically centering it on the floor between the window and the counter top...Sure be glad when it gets here.
Our table has a small extension and doing what he suggests may correct the problem, but renders the extension unusable and??? It leaves the table free to move while traveling. The table needs to be moved and secured! I believe the service folks should remove the mounting screws in the base and move the table a bit towards the window and the set the screws for the table.. If the table is not secured to the floor as designed, it can do as it wishes while traveling and create a major issue for you (ie.. hitting and damaging a wall or window)..
I am a little leery of we just do this! Let's fix it as it should be..
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #390

I found that the table is already too close to the window making the raising of the blind somewhat challenging at times. I just cut a small piece of floatie noodle off and slit down the middle and it kind of clamps on to the table as it closes and rests up against the cabinet for travel. Works pretty good!

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
I found that the table is already too close to the window making the raising of the blind somewhat challenging at times. I just cut a small piece of floatie noodle off and slit down the middle and it kind of clamps on to the table as it closes and rests up against the cabinet for travel. Works pretty good!

Jimmie
Looks like Keystone tried to correct the problem and did not succeed. Our trailer is a 2011.
We have about an inch of space next to the window and I was thinking this could be enough to stop the rubbing - sounds as if it may not be enough. I have been using a piece of carpet. We will see what the dealer does to correct this when we get ours back this spring.
Old 02-22-2012, 11:10 AM   #392

The salesman said he turned his table and this make it easier for him to get to the frig with out opening the slide when traveling. but like he said it works for him, since his wife died last year, his doesn't have to worry about enough room for another person, this have changed and so has his camping needs. now that he's along he just travels to see the kids and his TT goes with him every where.. I'm sure his wife is with him in spirit.

Tags
heartland, kz-rv