Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Keystone
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 06-17-2012, 02:57 PM   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKBOATER
On this weekend camping trip our third time out I had a problem with the shower drain, it broke off at the threaded part and came apart seperating it from the shower floor. It seems as if the floor in the shower gives a little and I'm sure the plastic drain parts didn't hold up. I was wondering if any one else has had an isssue with this? Although its minor, I would like to replace it with a stainless drain if one can be found. It looks like it is an 1 3/4 threaded plastic pipe and I hope I can pick one up at Lowes or a local plumbing store. This will save me from pulling it to the dealer which I sure will take some time an I have another trip planned soon.
Take the drain to lowes or a supplier. The threads on those are one of 2 standard threads however, you may need to check out an rv parts store for the proper drain shoe to adapt back in, underneath.
EnolaEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #618

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcamping View Post
Thanks, JimEli.....do you remember seeing something about 'resetting' the termostat if that happens?
It’s entirely possible you don’t need to reset the thermostat because this is probably correct behavior. Allow me to explain:

The fan, air-conditioner and furnace have 3 modes of operation: (AU)to, (LO)w and (HI)gh. On LOw and HIgh mode the fan, furnace and ac run continuously with the fan operating on either low or high speed. In AUto mode the furnace and ac will cycle on and off based upon the temperature selected on the thermostat. The confusion comes from the fact that the only way to change between the 3 modes is to first select FAN, and then change between LO, HI and AU.

I hope this clarifies the confusion.
JimEli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:29 PM   #619

The shower floor on our 321 seems to deflect alot while showering. Anyone else have this issue and if so has anyone fixed the floor movement. From what I can see it looks like Keystone put 2x4 spacers radomly around the drain. I have been thinking about adding more or using some expanding foam contained in a 3" pvc pipe stubs.
rlagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 07:37 PM   #620

TV cabinet door solution

I put door hinges on the TV cabinet doors that matche dthe rest of the cabinet hardware. This allowed better access to the radio & tv cables and aslo allowed for mor storage for tools and misc small items. I also removed the panel inside of the cabinet that hides the water fill connection next to the tv and this is an ideal location for our dogs toys and food. Both cabinets have revealed more storage space for litte cost.
rlagge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:03 AM   #621

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlagge View Post
The shower floor on our 321 seems to deflect alot while showering. Anyone else have this issue and if so has anyone fixed the floor movement. From what I can see it looks like Keystone put 2x4 spacers radomly around the drain. I have been thinking about adding more or using some expanding foam contained in a 3" pvc pipe stubs.
Hi rlagge,

Good to see another 321 owner. I had the same concerns about the shower. When I had the trailer in for other warranty work. The dealer told me these showers needed to have the flex in them. That was about eight months ago and so far no problems.

Grizz

TT 2012 Couger HC 321RES with Equal-i-zer Hitch
Grizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #622

321RES Problems from START

I recently trded my 2005 Grand Junction in for this model 321RES and am very dissatisfied . Let me list my issues so you all can keep a eye open as I was blinded .
1. Wall paper bubbling off of the walls
2. bathroom Cabinet too low to see in
3. Rubber boots around slide outs wire leads on the outside coming apart
4. Flloded the RV due to using the sani flush for the first time and the popoff valve under the sink broke and flooded the bedroom and bathroom .
5. AC running quickly on/off
6. Mattress breaking down due to webbing under mattress (new design)
7. toilet will not hold water seal leaking

This is to name a few .
Dealer in St Louis has been a bad one to deal with . They did replace the thermostat and it has helped (stated they were on defect list) so they replaced it . Now dealing with Keystone on the Mattress issue( not getting anywhere too soon ) . I had to replace and reseal the wallpaper myself . As far as to keep the camper cooler buy the silver reflectors that go in your car (auto) windows and place them behind your shades . Has anyone noticed when they turn the inside lights on they get very HOT ? I hope this has help anyone . Please let me know if I can help you . I would love to have my 5th wheel back ! Oh and another when you turn your hot water on go outside and see if your valve is leaking mine was .
MIssissippiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:26 PM   #623

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimEli View Post
It’s entirely possible you don’t need to reset the thermostat because this is probably correct behavior. Allow me to explain:

The fan, air-conditioner and furnace have 3 modes of operation: (AU)to, (LO)w and (HI)gh. On LOw and HIgh mode the fan, furnace and ac run continuously with the fan operating on either low or high speed. In AUto mode the furnace and ac will cycle on and off based upon the temperature selected on the thermostat. The confusion comes from the fact that the only way to change between the 3 modes is to first select FAN, and then change between LO, HI and AU.

I hope this clarifies the confusion.
Just a NOTE to let anyone with AC problems that there is a recall for the thermostats . My dealer came out popped mine in and was gone in about 5 min and now no resetting all of the time . Call your local dealers .
Old 06-25-2012, 07:41 AM   #624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie2 View Post
I ended up buying a couple these - ah man, I can't remember where I got them now. Anyway, I replaced the vent in the living area by the TV and the one over the kitchen sink with a vent that has louvers that can be closed. Just hoping that I can "push" more air to the bedroom area by closing the kitchen one since they are on the same vent line. The one in the living area just because my son complained that the air was blowing right on him. I'll have to look when I get home for the place that I got them from.

Jimmie

Jimmie, did you ever find the information as to where you got the louvered vents for the air cinditioning? I want to try your idea first before I go the second air conditioning unit.

Thanks

WMASS Camper
Old 06-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #625

Nope I never did find where I bought the ones that I have. I was actually out this weekend and was playing around with the two that I bought and noticed that a lot of air is escaping around the edges of the vent when it is closed. So I was looking around today and found these and may order them to see if I can close the vent even more than the ones that I have now.

Oh and while we were sitting on the beach Friday, I hear a plane coming from behind us and this is what we saw!

It was pretty cool and I couldn't get my camera out fast enough!

Jimmie

https://www.freygaritaville.com
Jimmie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 11:43 PM   #626

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMASS Camper View Post
Jimmie, did you ever find the information as to where you got the louvered vents for the air cinditioning? I want to try your idea first before I go the second air conditioning unit.

Thanks

WMASS Camper
I did these quite a while ago, finding the vents at a local RV supply store..
I also control the air by the thermostat. If the area is cooled or heated quickly, the thermostat could cycle before the camper temp is correct..
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:02 AM   #627

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
JimEli,
Hi -
About the protection you added on the front of your trailer - did you use the clear guard or the clear shelving paper?
How wide was each roll?
The only 3m adhesive rock protection applications up here are very narrow and short. Called the 3m rep here and I was referenced to a shop where I am confident it will be spendy..
Our upper front decals were coming loose and once those are replaced (warranty) we'll get serious about the lower front protection..
Sorta wishing for simple diamond plate..
Thanks for your time
Dan
dgrant09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 10:16 PM   #628

MIssissippG.....did you get yours at Midwest RV on I-55? They may have changed their name.
iluvcamping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:01 PM   #629

Yes I did and I do not recommend anyone doing buisness with this company or their brother company called Apache Village in west St Louis .
Old 06-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #630

Gulf Shores Alabama

I am leaving St Louis and headed to Gulf Shores Alabama tomorrow for a few months so I will keep everyone posted on my Vacation . I hope for NO MORE problems ..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12CHC321RES_SilverSage_03.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	22940  

Tags
heartland, kz-rv